Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

Didn’t wanna post immediately after the game cause I was heated, having calmed down and seen sense, time for JDR to leave, 2 years of abysmal secondary play and non existent MLB play accompanied with some fair to middling run defense

Thats the final straw for me, let’s not gas up Detroit and make them something they’re not, they’re a mediocre roster with the recent record to show it, thanks Jack but no thanks

While we’re at it seats getting warm for Ron, I always feel obliged to mention the work he’s done cleaning the organisation, but it’s a results business and barring 2 NFL seasons his career is littered with average to poor results, the next 15 he’s going to need a tangible improvement in results to keep his job, im no longer interested in small moral wins

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Morrissey1972 said:

Gibson is not a between the tackles runner, and he’s not beating anyone to the edges. Why these coaches game plan Gibson as a traditional back, I’ll never know. 

Rivera; nice guy, but a very average coach. 

I've seen him do some nice runs between the tackles

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

Rivera’s post game presser was extremely uninspiring 

I called this ****. His lack of fire and passion in pressers and on the sideline is aggravating. 

12 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Listen to Kiem. Concerns about this D (coaching more so than personnel) are nothing new. If, for instance, you reach on a draft pick (J. Davis), you sure as hell better scheme, coach or otherwise mask shortcomings and take full advantage of the traits that made you draft the guy in the first place.

This is beyond disappointing and concerning. I feel like we'll be complaining about this all season. Im praying for a midseason blowout so we can drop JDR.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

No doubt this has been the most despondent after a loss I have been in while.

Last time I think I was despondent over this team was probably when they blew the lead and lost in the playoffs in 2012. 

The Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden years taught me to detach emotionally from what the Redskins do on the field week in and week out. The rebrand helped me complete my training. As nice as last week's offensive performance was, it didn't raise my expectations much, and today's loss was disappointing, but I've already let it go. When I was younger, this would have stayed with me until the following game. 

Edited by BraveWarrior
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

17 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

While we’re at it seats getting warm for Ron, I always feel obliged to mention the work he’s done cleaning the organisation, but it’s a results business and barring 2 NFL seasons his career is littered with average to poor results, the next 15 he’s going to need a tangible improvement in results to keep his job, im no longer interested in small moral wins

True. The front office could become a bunch of choirboys with no behind the scenes drama, but his ultimate job is to have success on the field. But, we're 1-1. It's a long season.  

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

just some schadenfreude for you all on this dark day 

You can see it now, $28m dollars well spent for 1 season of Wentzball

4 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

True. The front office could become a bunch of choirboys with no behind the scenes drama, but his ultimate job is to have success on the field. But, we're 1-1. It's a long season.  

Early days but the thick end of 60 points conceded to the Jags and Lions, im no longer interested in what JDR has to offer base minimum

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t think they are they lowly.  They put up 35 last week.  

That said, our defense was atrocious.

They are the only team with fewer playoff wins than us since 2000. I suspect most fans thought we would beat them (I was 1).

Overall they are pretty low and couldn't even win with a Super Bowl grade QB. That Joe Barry nepotistic hiring in Detroit was comical. More comical is we brought him in after his epic failures there.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Last time I think I was despondent over this team was probably when they blew the lead and lost in the playoffs in 2012. 

The Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden years taught me to detach emotionally from what the Redskins do on the field week in and week out. The rebrand helped me complete my training. As nice as last week's offensive performance was, it didn't raise my expectations much, and today's loss was disappointing, but I've already let it go. When I was younger, this would have stayed with me until the following game. 

Absolutely agree. This team stopped toying with my emotions five years ago. If they win, great. If they lose, which is more often than not, I chalk it up to been here, done that, nothing new. I just told my girlfriend today that I'm a free man of the ineptitude that is Washington football. Instead of being pissed off after the game, I laugh and go enjoy a Sunday nap. I wake up and then read and listen to those who sound and act just like I used to do. I don't listen to player/coach post game pressers because it's all a bunch of convoluted excuses that got old years ago. I'll watch next week. I'll be reading everyone's posts on here next week. I always do. I leave the emotion out of it. I gave at the office Dan Snyder, it's called freedom.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Early days but the thick end of 60 points conceded to the Jags and Lions, im no longer interested in what JDR has to offer base minimum

I hear you. I always kinda liked Del Rio years ago. Had a good NFL I.Q., seemed like a no-nonsense guy who the players respected. Never had great success as a HC, but seemed qualified for a coordinator position. Not sure what happened to him once he signed on in DC. He's not the same guy. HIs unwillingness to adjust his scheme is going to cost the team more games, and ultimately cost him his job. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

I hear you. I always kinda liked Del Rio years ago. Had a good NFL I.Q., seemed like a no-nonsense guy who the players respected. Never had great success as a HC, but seemed qualified for a coordinator position. Not sure what happened to him once he signed on in DC. He's not the same guy. HIs unwillingness to adjust his scheme is going to cost the team more games, and ultimately cost him his job. 

I'd rather Rivera fire him and take over defensive play calling then keep with his crap. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

The game has just passed him by. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I mean, I’m going to step delicately here but JDR is on the record saying lots of things that show he has an inflexible and irrational mind. I know some people can compartmentalize when they’re knowledgeable in their field but those basic characteristics of how his mind works don’t just turn off when he goes to work. Many people’s minds become less pliable, agile, and reasonable as they get older. The guy has just had the league pass him by. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Signing Wince cost us valuable cap space that probably cost us valuable DL depth. Ionniadis (sp) and Settle would have helped us a lot today. As for JDR, there have been a lot of quality D Coordinators hired over the past few seasons, most notably Dan Quinn. After the first year, JDRs defenses have been mostly garbage. We could and should have dumped him after last year.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Conn said:

I mean, I’m going to step delicately here but JDR is on the record saying lots of things that show he has an inflexible and irrational mind. I know some people can compartmentalize when they’re knowledgeable in their field but those basic characteristics of how his mind works don’t just turn off when he goes to work. Many people’s minds become less pliable, agile, and reasonable as they get older. The guy has just had the league pass him by. 

This comment should not be allowed mods.

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I recall after the 2020 season some thinking we were the beast of the East as far as who has the best defense and Dallas had the weakest. Sadly that hasn’t aged well. I am watching Dallas’ defense right now and I am jealous 

They play much harder than we do. Our defense is always out played

• Like 1