Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

23 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Coaches made some baffling choices out there. No timeouts in freefall. Going for 2 in weird places. Team coming out un-prepped

Failure on every possible level. 

That was horrific game

Horrific choices from the FIRST play of our possession. To let Dak run it out from a mid-endzone KO instead of kneeling for the touchback was the epitome of stupid. SMH Then it compounded for the first half. We didn't have to lose this game! We lost because of bad coaching. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wentz's arm and our WRs give us a chance in every game.

Wentz's head and our defense gives the other team a chance in every game.

Its gonna be a wild season.

I think Detroit is also going to prove to be a pretty good team.  So is Jax.  

i think we will win a couple game s nobody saw coming, possibly starting with the eagles next week, and lose a few nobody saw coming.  Which wouldn’t actually be this week because we weren’t favored. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Of that whole ****-show of a game, I think the D was the least of our problems.

Bro you can't be serious lolol

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

i think we will win a couple game s nobody saw coming, possibly starting with the eagles next week, and lose a few nobody saw coming.  Which wouldn’t actually be this week because we weren’t favored. 

Yeah the Jags will win their division. Texans are bad. Colts look bad. Titans will regress. Lions are improved.

I don't think there is much carry over week to week. I wouldn't be shocked at all if we held the Eagles to under 20 next week. Every game in the NFL is its own entity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, method man said:

The LB issue is his fault too. His insistence on the buffalo nickel blocked the team from pursuing a better solution at LB

It's fascinating how a team with former NFL LBs at both head coach and D coordinator could have such a glaringly bad LB situation and so terribly ignored it during the offseason. This whole buffalo nickel thing - I don't know if it's a trend, or something analytics tells them they should do, but I don't think it's a substitute for having a few linebackers who bring a combination of toughness, athleticism, and football knowledge out on the field. Of course, it's always been my favorite position in football, and I'm old enough to remember the great defenses of the past almost always having a middle linebacker being the best player on the defense.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

With our defense, we aren't beating them.  Carson should keep the offense in the game but Philly can just run it down our throats.  They will get 200 hundreds rushings easily. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Bro you can't be serious lolol

OK, I need to clarify, lol. We didn't have high hopes for our D before the game started. They were gassed in the first half. The BIGGER problem was the totally anemic offense in the first half. And the total failure by turner to make adjustments to get Carson comfortable and keep the D off the field.

• Like 1

Listen to Kiem. Concerns about this D (coaching more so than personnel) are nothing new. If, for instance, you reach on a draft pick (J. Davis), you sure as hell better scheme, coach or otherwise mask shortcomings and take full advantage of the traits that made you draft the guy in the first place.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, mudhog said:

OK, I need to clarify, lol. We didn't have high hopes for our D before the game started. They were gassed in the first half. The BIGGER problem was the totally anemic offense in the first half. And the total failure by turner to make adjustments to get Carson comfortable and keep the D off the field.

You can't expect a D to bail out an O that puts up 20 yards for the majority of a half. Lucky we were not down 30+

All phases were bad today, but the complete ineptitude of the O for an entire half is the catalyst that caused it

• Like 1

No doubt this has been the most despondent after a loss I have been in while. If our offense came out in the first half and looked like last week but we got beat, I would probably be okay. But the fact that Scott Turner had the offense looking like last year or even the season before was absolutely deflating. 20 ****ing yards in the first half until the last few minutes? For shame!  Unbelievable.

• Thanks 1

Most losses I lean towards putting it on the players as they are on the field.  Today there plain bad decision made.

Play calling on both sides of the ball.  Running Gibson like he was Jerome Bettis makes no sense.   Sticking to an awful game plan the entire first half… etc etc.   the bad decision to go for 2. Simply bad coaching on Defense, lack of preparation.  Ron and his staff are easily outclassed by nearly every team that isn’t in rebuild mode or playing their first game together.  Not sure if it’s arrogance or stupidity.    

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

Rivera’s post game presser was extremely uninspiring 

He is not the guy. Washington will be wasting another season bringing him back next year. I’d hate to see this much talent on offense go to waste. And as bad as our D has been, I just don’t believe that they’re untalented. I think it’s coaching. 

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1