Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many Posters Do You Have on "Ignore" on ES???

Renegade7

How many posters do you have on your "Ignored Users" list on ES???  

65 members have voted

1. 1. How many posters do you have on your "Ignored Users" list on ES???

• 0, and no plans to add any
    • 0, but keeping door open to add at some point
    • Between 1 and 10
    • Between 11 and 30
    • Between 31 and 75
    • More then 75
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I currently have OP on ignore

5 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

MassSkinsFan.

Many moons ago, when I was coaching an under-privileged house league youth football team, I asked ES for contributions. MSF donated $500 out of the blue - by far the largest donation of anyone - and asked me not to tell anyone.

And this was a guy who at the time, was the type of poster who I would have considered ‘ignoring’. But I got to see another side of him that most didn’t see. Much like how some of you had shared about TWA.

He was the strange I referred to.  I had extensive private messages with the guy.  He was all ****ed up but there was something redeeming there.  

• Like 3

I remember the first poster to get banned (I think).  Good ol' Kefka.  Salafist claiming Israel was behind 911, Iran was the ideal Islamic democracy, and a slew of crazy anti-western rants.

The best prank was when the mods put NavyDave on everybody's ignore list.  I wonder how long it took him to figure it out. I didn't know what was going on; I got notifications that he quoted me, but there was nothing there when I followed the link😆

I liked MSF, even if he was extreme on some things, he wasn't ever troll-esque.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had to look it up and it was one and they haven’t posted since 2018, so I they may be gone for a reason. 

I think we had someone who had their posts set by mods so nobody in the tailgate could see them. So they just posted to an audience of one. 

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

MassSkinsFan, often referred to as MSF...as opposed to ASF Atlanta Skins Fan, who was a conspiracy nut.

...I guess now I find out if I am on Destino's ignore list....

I believe it was actually Mass_SkinsFan, which was unfortunate for the poster with the username of MassSkinsFan

• Haha 1

I have zero. I guess once you get to a certain age you are able to ignore without a button. (I feel like I may have finally had enough and ignored TWA, but he isn't showing up in my list because of a ban?) There were times I truly thought he was a paid troll. 
Always on the same side of every argument, and always an "expert" on each topic, complete with research and all... as if he was fed it all. And i never once recall him even mentioning football, much less the Redskins as a fan here might. (Ostensibly that is what attracted all of us here in the first place.)
  And seconded on the MIP award for CousinsCowgirl. A year ago i vehemently disagreed with almost everything she said,, now I find myself doing the opposite.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Truth: I have no one on ignore and don't plan to.

Never know what I'm going to learn, I noticed that even from folks I thought about blocking. 

@twa gets a lot of crap, but get him away from politics and he's pretty cool, I'd drink a beer with him.

I'm trying to find the Supreme Court case where a lady was claiming freedom of speech regarding  speeches for violently overthrowing the government.  She lost, but one of the judges said banning a conversation doesn't stop it from happening, and that sometimes the proper response isn't less speech but more speech to help understand why it's happening in the first place.  Certainly not 100% applicable across the board for every topic, but very thought provoking for me.

If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence.”

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/journalism/j6075/edit/readings/brandeis_concurring1.html

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence.”

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/journalism/j6075/edit/readings/brandeis_concurring1.html

There was a time when I used to believe this. Then MAGATs showed up and proved that it’s not true. 

• Thumb down 2

10 hours ago, Destino said:

Who was the guy that was struggling to live with a birthmark and was also a complete gun nut?  I remember his posts but not his screen name.  That guy really stood out.  

Masskinsfan, or some variation of Massachusetts Skins Fan.

Interesting guy.

MSF had some severely archaic views, but I never sensed he was a bad guy. Just someone who could not get over his birthmark, which seemed to be at the root of a lot of his anger/frustration.
There were plenty of times he could be exceedingly annoying with his convictions, but I never ignored him.

~Bang

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bang said:

MSF had some severely archaic views, but I never sensed he was a bad guy. Just someone who could not get over his birthmark, which seemed to be at the root of a lot of his anger/frustration.
There were plenty of times he could be exceedingly annoying with his convictions, but I never ignored him.

~Bang

I only brought him up because I was asked about the “most memorable”.  He stands out in that regard.  I didn’t think he was the worst person.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

No

Agreed.

Anyone can correct me on this, but my understanding is the original intent of ARPANET was communication redundancy of the US military's defense systems. 

It evolved into information sharing of several universities before being fully turned over to the public domain instead of being kept by and for the military alone.

Being able to see or find the worst of human nature was never the original intent of the Internet, it's is merely a consequence of what the Internet evolved into.  For better or worse, the Internet is merely a reflection of the best of us, worst of us, and everything in between.

45 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I would bet @Jumbo is one of those and @TK is the other :D

Yea know, I doubt the mods are allowed to have anyone on ignore considering their job responsibilities. 

Quite the opposite, who we may have on ignore they maybe have on a watch list.

I do have the list and have a few criteria to be on it: 1) frequent misogynistic post including use of female body parts to attack/describe other users, 2) consistent right wing fascist non-sense, and 3) calling me a bigot because I believe in science.

I recently removed someone from the list so it's not a dead end.