Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many Posters Do You Have on "Ignore" on ES???

Renegade7

How many posters do you have on your "Ignored Users" list on ES???  

65 members have voted

1. 1. How many posters do you have on your "Ignored Users" list on ES???

• 0, and no plans to add any
    • 0, but keeping door open to add at some point
    • Between 1 and 10
    • Between 11 and 30
    • Between 31 and 75
    • More then 75
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I currently have OP on ignore

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Renegade be like..

Truth: I have no one on ignore and don't plan to.

Never know what I'm going to learn, I noticed that even from folks I thought about blocking. 

@twa gets a lot of crap, but get him away from politics and he's pretty cool, I'd drink a beer with him.

I'm trying to find the Supreme Court case where a lady was claiming freedom of speech regarding  speeches for violently overthrowing the government.  She lost, but one of the judges said banning a conversation doesn't stop it from happening, and that sometimes the proper response isn't less speech but more speech to help understand why it's happening in the first place.  Certainly not 100% applicable across the board for every topic, but very thought provoking for me.

• Like 2

One of my favorite ES stories is when certain posters accidentally got put on ghost mode, where NOBODY could see their posts. You’d occasionally get a notification that they’d quoted your post in a reply, but nothing would be there. One guy, can’t remember his username but believe he posted in the Nats thread, went years posting here with zero engagement from anyone. No responses, no liked posts. Just talking to himself the whole time. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If you have her on ignore, how do you know?

I'll read a post every now and then just to see if my decision was correct.

57 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

image.gif.eb901769f07b9ade4c439e9d87ca6f80.gif

Who is this random guy? :ph34r:

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Is there a way to see if I'm on anyone's block list?  That would be cool to know.

Nope.  When you go to the "Ignored Users" section in your profile to add folks, it specificly says you can't see that.  

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Aye, @CousinsCowgirl84 deserves a vote of confidence and nomination for MIP (Most Improved Poster) award.

I take full credit for this. 

Truth is though, that I am more excited when the few people I have on ignore post than anything else. It’s one of those “Let’s see what this dumb MFer said today” things and I always….always read it. 

So it does nothing. 

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@twa gets a lot of crap, but get him away from politics and he's pretty cool, I'd drink a beer with him.

I agree.  He set me up with a great fishing charter in Freeport.  I enjoyed talking with him the few times it wasn't political.

I've never had anyone on ignore here.  The strange ones, and contrary takes that are not overly obnoxious, are usually pretty interesting.  Otherwise this place can quickly descend into a circle jerk.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I take full credit for this. 

Truth is though, that I am more excited when the few people I have on ignore post than anything else. It’s one of those “Let’s see what this dumb MFer said today” things and I always….always read it. 

So it does nothing. 

:ols:

I do the exact same thing. It's more of a trigger warning than a ignore feature.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Zero.  I was introduced to forums on the 90s gamer boards.  There is nothing that’s ever occurred here that comes close to rattling me.  This place is a Sunday school from my perspective.  Including game days when everyone starts raging over a loss.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Who is the most memorable that doesn’t post anymore? Benning? I bet benning. 

Who was the guy that was struggling to live with a birthmark and was also a complete gun nut?  I remember his posts but not his screen name.  That guy really stood out.  

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Who is the most memorable that doesn’t post anymore? Benning? I bet benning. 

I miss Benning, but if I remember correctly, he got banned, he didn't jus stop posting.  Can't imagine how many people had him on ignore.

Edited by Renegade7

I'd ask who has me on their ignore list, but I guess they wouldn't see the question... I remember a while back we had a similar thread and someone mentioned a big number.  I quoted him to ask if I was on it...and yep, I was, though he admitted he couldn't remember why.🤪

I think at one point I put JBooma on mine - not that he was a bad guy, but just flooded every page of every tailgate thread with drive by mindless quips that added nothing substantial. I think there was someone else, but I can't remember.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Who was the guy that was struggling to live with a birthmark and was also a complete gun nut?  I remember his posts but not his screen name.  That guy really stood out.  

MassSkinsFan, often referred to as MSF...as opposed to ASF Atlanta Skins Fan, who was a conspiracy nut.

...I guess now I find out if I am on Destino's ignore list....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

MassSkinsFan.

Many moons ago, when I was coaching an under-privileged house league youth football team, I asked ES for contributions. MSF donated $500 out of the blue - by far the largest donation of anyone - and asked me not to tell anyone.

And this was a guy who at the time, was the type of poster who I would have considered ‘ignoring’. But I got to see another side of him that most didn’t see. Much like how some of you had shared about TWA.

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

10 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I'd ask who has me on their ignore list, but I guess they wouldn't see the question... I remember a while back we had a similar thread and someone mentioned a big number.  I quoted him to ask if I was on it...and yep, I was, though he admitted he couldn't remember why.🤪

I think at one point I put JBooma on mine - not that he was a bad guy, but just flooded every page of every tailgate thread with drive by mindless quips that added nothing substantial. I think there was someone else, but I can't remember.

MassSkinsFan, often referred to as MSF...as opposed to ASF Atlanta Skins Fan, who was a conspiracy nut.

...I guess now I find out if I am on Destino's ignore list....

Wasn't he into wearing armor, and medieval larping, complete with his antiquated and misogynistic code of ethics?

Edited by China
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, China said:

Wasn't he into wearing armor, and medieval larping, complete with his antiquated and misogynistic code of ethics?

Yes. Great memory.

He ended up softening up some. I can say that over the years, I have witnessed some complete transformations.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 2