Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many Posters Do You Have on "Ignore" on ES???

Renegade7

How many posters do you have on your "Ignored Users" list on ES???  

65 members have voted

1. 1. How many posters do you have on your "Ignored Users" list on ES???

• 0, and no plans to add any
    • 0, but keeping door open to add at some point
    • Between 1 and 10
    • Between 11 and 30
    • Between 31 and 75
    • More then 75
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I currently have OP on ignore

I don't have anyone on ignore. I've been tempted a few times, but I took 5 and changed my mind after letting it pass. Most stuff on here doesn't really affect me all that much. However, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm on a few peoples' ignore list; I can be an opinionated asshole sometimes, though I honestly don't mean to be.

MSF...I remember him describing his ideal woman...I think it was part of his "ask MSF a question" thread and he went on some description about dinner always being ready, and the understanding that there would be discipline (read: spanking) for failure in certain tasks.  If you ever see those clickbait articles about "advertisements that would never fly today", and there's one where a husband is in his easy chair with the paper and his feet up, the wife is smiling wide with a roast on a platter, and the kids are dressed for church despite the fact that it is clearly evening...I think he just wanted to live in that world.

If I recall, he actually did meet a woman who was cool with all of that, and that's when he softened up a bit.  Whoever said it earlier is right, he had a really tough childhood/life due to his birthmark and the bullying and judgement he endured and if made him an angry person.  But I never got the sense that he was was outright hateful towards anyone, his view of life (mostly women) was just several decades outdated.  And it never once seemed like an act for attention, it was simply who he was and he owned it.

He is easily the most memorable poster this board has ever had.  It's probably a good thing LSF wasn't around as the same time, that might have caused a miniature nuclear explosion.

Edited by Forehead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Side note, I love it when Renegade creates a new thread and there's always, ALWAYS three or four question marks at the end of it like it's some really heavy urgent **** that he's gotta know.  

Old habit and makes it easier for me to find my threads on front page : )

Tell 'em bout that one time you put me on ignore for wanting to sign Cam Newton mid-season then took me off jus to make sure i wasn't dead. :ols:

I even remember daring you, and you said "watch this"

200w (1).gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 2

I only put people on ignore if they have a habit of arguing the same thing over and over and providing no value. 

and I only do it because they’ve shown there is no point in explaining something, cause they’ll just do the same thing, in the same thread, like a day later 

it’s just to save myself time from responding to them. 

i have a ton of peoples signatures ignored though. Mostly because they’re too big and they post all the time and it just clutters things up. 

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

MSF...I remember him describing his ideal woman...I think it was part of his "ask MSF a question" thread and he went on some description about dinner always being ready, and the understanding that there would be discipline (read: spanking) for failure in certain tasks.  If you ever see those clickbait articles about "advertisements that would never fly today", and there's one where a husband is in his easy chair with the paper and his feet up, the wife is smiling wide with a roast on a platter, and the kids are dressed for church despite the fact that it is clearly evening...I think he just wanted to live in that world.

If I recall, he actually did meet a woman who was cool with all of that, and that's when he softened up a bit.  Whoever said it earlier is right, he had a really tough childhood/life due to his birthmark and the bullying and judgement he endured and if made him an angry person.  But I never got the sense that he was was outright hateful towards anyone, his view of life (mostly women) was just several decades outdated.  And it never once seemed like an act for attention, it was simply who he was and he owned it.

He is easily the most memorable poster this board has ever had.  It's probably a good thing LSF wasn't around as the same time, that might have caused a miniature nuclear explosion.

Miniature?

MSF was definitely a trip. I remember someone asking him if he supported Bush/Cheney (yeah I've been on here for a while) and he said "They're not violent enough for me."

I was never 100% sure whether it was an act or not. As you said, he was an incredibly angry guy but I didn't get the impression that he was really a terrible person...just that his childhood/bullying/resentment was something that really shaped how he usually interacted with the world.

He'd say awful things but then sometimes out of the blue he'd treat someone with kindness. It seemed pretty random. One time a guy came in and said he was thinking of getting into the LARP stuff and MSF immediately was super nice and welcoming to him and giving him advice.

Weird dude.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Old habit and makes it easier for me to find my threads on front page : )

Tell 'em bout that one time you put me on ignore for wanting to sign Cam Newton mid-season then took me off jus to make sure i wasn't dead. :ols:

200w (1).gif

Well I think that summed it up nicely :ols: Pretty sure I gave you fair warning that I'd ignore you anyone who thought that Cam Newton was a viable option, then you went ahead and poked the bear :ols: 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like some of yall are looking at Extremeskins on your work computers instead of your phones (ES recognizes when open in phone web browsers and defaults to removing signatures).

hmm-suspect.gif.2b96291ca4386ed521c3d735cec79bb0.gif

Not gonna front, used to do it at my last job, jus can't at this one, not worth it.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I only put people on ignore if they have a habit of arguing the same thing over and over and providing no value. 

and I only do it because they’ve shown there is no point in explaining something, cause they’ll just do the same thing, in the same thread, like a day later 

So like the entire Tailgate?

• Haha 3

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well I think that summed it up nicely :ols: Pretty sure I gave you fair warning that I'd ignore you anyone who thought that Cam Newton was a viable option, then you went ahead and poked the bear :ols: 

Note to self:

Don't dare Spiff to do a damn thing, because he'll do it.

: )

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Sounds like some of yall are looking at Extremeskins on your work computers instead of your phones (ES recognizes when open in phone web browsers and defaults to removing signatures).

Well at one point the site sucked on mobile. 

and my lists are years old… they probably don’t even have those signatures anymore 😂 

• Like 1

I have zero on ignore. Just do not believe in it. I figure even if I completely disagree and or it's get heated, I may learn something from them at some point. As long as it's all moderated well like it is here, it can't get too far out of hand for very long. 

• Like 1