Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

If they don't have Heinicke or Allen at QB, it's probably going to be a long night.  Both of those guys were mauled by the Dal@ss DL.  Gilbert is almost an unknown and will probably be killed by Cox and that Philly DL behind this patchwork OL.  

Edited by SAli457180

13 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

So can we assume neither QB tested out this morning? So we have 1 more chance to get one active at 3pm?

Man, I hope one becomes active today. We could really use the experience back there. This game is everything for us. 

We don't know that but RR on The Junkies this morning didn't want to give a lot of info on the matter, like he didn't want Philly to know who else is available.  They have the ability to keep testing (2 total tests today AM/PM) by 4PM to declare who is active.

It'll be interesting to see if any news leaks.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

We're going to have a "Gilbert's Groupies" thread on here tomorrow if he starts and plays decent aren't we?  He looked decent in a game against Pittsburgh last year.

To my completely untrained eye watching two minutes of highlights, he looks like a big dude with a strong arm, quick release and has some wheels. He did seem to stare down his receivers a bit though.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

We're going to have a "Gilbert's Groupies" thread on here tomorrow if he starts and plays decent aren't we?  He looked decent in a game against Pittsburgh last year.

Oh my god he runs like Ben Roethlesberger.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Tonight will be so painful to watch, and not just because Shane Falco is the starting quarterback but because the game plan is going to be to run the ball 65 times which will mostly likely result in 90 yards of offense and 3 first downs.

That’s where Scott Turner have to earn his pay. Philly will undoubtedly stack the box. Washington can’t just keep running into their line. He has to mix it up to a certain degree. If he has legs, call some QB runs. Get the ball out fast. Throw a few deep balls to keep them honest. 

7 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

This bench stuff was dumb to begin with. They should parachute Heinicke in via private jet flyover, if they really wanna make an impact. How could it go wrong?

What they really should do is give both head coaches a controller and let them play Madden Football. Winner wins.

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

Tecmo Super Bowl and then we got 'em.  Rypien to Carl Harry all day!  (Art Monk did not allow his name for use of the game, so you had Clark, Sanders, Didier and Carl Harry)

Are you sure it wasn't Harry Carl?

Edited by Dan T.

I am pretty sure Dan T. 

Think this guy may have actually been on the pre-season roster for 1991 and had #24.

Something about Monk and the likeness image, a few players had that beef I think.  Trying to find a link for evidence but I remember receiving the game for Christmas in 91 and played a whole season before lunch and then another later that night.  Kept thinking to myself, who is Carl Harry and why can nobody stop him on the XYZ Bomb?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/588774-tecmo-super-bowl/faqs/41237

image.png.81fbe61bf9d7b3802ee43850ed22d983.png

Edited by RFK Lives

3 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

If they don't have Heinicke or Allen at QB, it's probably going to be a long night.  Both of those guys were mauled by the Dal@ss DL.  Gilbert is almost an unknown and will probably be killed by Cox and that Philly DL behind this patchwork OL.  

So, the convensional wisdom would be if Gilbert is starting, you have to run the hell out of the ball to protect your QB.

The problem with that is Philly ALSO knows this is the convensional wisdom, and if they are smart (and I think they are), they will put 11 guys in the box and dare Gibson to run against that front.  Which he won't be abele to, because the only RB in NFL history who might have been able to make something of that was Barry Sanders.  And Gibson is not Barry.  (That's not a slight.  Nobody is Barry.)

So what they should do is go completely off-type, and if Philly stacks the box, they should immediately start throwing.  Nothing fancy.  But I am willing to bet even Gilbert can complete a 5 yard slant.  If he can't, he can't.  But I think you have to try.

Especially with this OL and this QB, you CAN'T put them into known passing situations.  You can't put them in 3rd and 5 and hope for a completion when Philly KNOWs you're going to pass.  Because the pass rush will eat up the OL, and Gilbert will be a sitting duck.  

They need to throw quick game at them early to get them to back off.  THEN they need to run the ball 70 times.  

(I'm not suggesting they can win this game by throwing the ball with a QB who's been here for a hot minute.  Just that if you think you can bench your QB and only run the ball, it's going to fail.  If they're giving the guy a uniform, they have to let him throw the ball a little bit.  

Interestingly, that's EXACTLY what they did against Tampa with TH.  Now, he'd been around for a month.  But they came out and let him sling it a bit.  

They need to do the same with GIlbert, if he starts.  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.  You're not expected to win the game anyway with GIlbert starting at QB.  

• Like 2

If the Saints can shut out Tom Brady our defense should be able to hold the Eagles to 10 points or less tonight. Put this game on the defense and lets see what happens. If we can win with a one-legged Alex Smith in Pittsburgh then we should be able to win with Gilbert Gottfried and a revved up defense in Philly. 

#shocktheworld

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1