Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

This is informational - not political.

RB Wendell Smallwood (Dec. 17)

DE Daniel Wise (Dec. 17)

QB Taylor Heinicke (Dec. 17)
S Kam Curl (Dec. 16)
C Keith Ismael (Dec. 16)
C Tyler Larsen (Dec. 16)
CB Troy Apke (Dec. 15)
QB Kyle Allen (Dec. 15)

LB Milo Eifler (Dec. 15)

S Darrick Forrest (Dec. 15)

DT Matt Ioannidis (Dec. 15)

T Cornelius Lucas (Dec. 15)

TE Sammis Reyes (Dec. 15)

WR Cam Sims (Dec. 15)
DT Jonathan Allen (Dec. 13)
LB David Mayo (Dec. 13)
DE Casey Toohill (Dec. 12)

DE James Smith-Williams (Dec. 11)

CB Darryl Roberts (Dec. 11)

DE Montez Sweat (12/8)

DT Daron Payne (Aug. 1)

OT David Sharpe (July 31)

RG Brandon Scherff (July 31)

DL Matt Ionnidis (July 29)

DB Chris Miller (July 29)

WR Curtis Samuel (July 29)

T Cornelius Lucas (July 27)

Edited by SB17
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Silvernon said:

It's shocking how many of the team's top players seem anti-vax. 

The wrinkle that will spoil this season. 

We don't know who exactly is or isn't. For example Samuel from what I heard is vaccinated but was in close contact with someone who tested positive.

• Thanks 1

I feel like there needs to be a PSA for fans to not be dumbasses, and not act like they know anything about the players who are on the list.  Because they dont.  Being on that list may or may not have anything to do with having a vaccination or for being positive,  or not.  It can also mean you are vaccinated but were in close contact with someone.  So purely leave the conversation to whos available, unavailable, and whos coming back when, because we all know they didnt text you to let you know what their situation was.

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Silvernon said:

It's shocking how many of the team's top players seem anti-vax. 

The wrinkle that will spoil this season. 

It's shocking how the first post after the OP, which says don't bring politics to the table does exactly that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Payne also tweeted that he didn’t have COVID. So… this list isn’t apparently exclusive to COVID.

He must've had close contact then? Why else would he be on the Covid list if he hasn't tested positive? 

One way to know which players are unvaccinated is how long it takes them to return to the team. If they are back in short order they are vaccinated, if it takes 10 days chances are they are not vaccinated. 

13 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

He must've had close contact then? Why else would he be on the Covid list if he hasn't tested positive? 

One way to know which players are unvaccinated is how long it takes them to return to the team. If they are back in short order they are vaccinated, if it takes 10 days chances are they are not vaccinated. 

I don't know if it's anything like the schools, but my middle child had to quarantine for two weeks... even after a negative test after five days... simply because he sat in the same desk as a child who tested positive two classes prior.

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

I don't know if it's anything like the schools, but my middle child had to quarantine for two weeks... even after a negative test after five days... simply because he sat in the same desk as a child who tested positive two classes prior.

If you are vaccinated but test positive you can return after two negative test back to back 24 hours apart AND you are not showing symptoms.

Unvaccinated can't return for a minimum of ten days and I believe a negative Covid test. 

8 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Taken from the training camp thread:

• vaccinated players or staff who test positive and are asymptomatic can return to duty after two negative tests 24 hours apart (so about 2 days out)
  • non-vaccinated persons who test positive require a 10-day isolation

https://es.redskins.com/topic/447318-the-official-otatraining-camp-thread/page/109/

This is the biggest problem.  Like, that's EIGHT MORE DAYS.  Like Rivera said, it would be potentially two full games.

<snip of things that could be better in a Tailgate post; thanks for the reminder, @Jumbo >

If they're not vaccinated, all medical/political/whatever aside, then they are going to cost us games that we would have won if they were eligible to play.  Same as any other injury.  Like choosing a 10-day twisted ankle over a 2-day stubbed toe. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

With Payne it looks like contact tracing. So I gather he was exposed to someone who had it. 

Real question:  Does that happen if Payne is vaccinated?  CDC says that vaccinated don't need to be quarantined if exposed.

Edited by NewCliche21
Trying to, you know, actually follow the rules

we'll see if this thread lasts--it should, the data is relevant, but any poster commentary best be well considered :) 

c'mon fellow geniuses :P , heed the thread title and stay away from your personal worldviews on ANY side-aspect of covid debate/claims/opinions (tailgate thread for that stuff) and keep it tightly focused to data and affect on team, games, league, differences/consequences of players getting or resisting the vax, on-field, locker room,  sideline rap career etc

regarding one matter posters here have previously noted on this topic, ron himself is now pointing out his own health issues that might help prompt some of the players who remain unvaxxed 

Ron Rivera hopes players will consider his immune deficiency and get the vaccine

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ron-rivera-hopes-players-consider-200122546.html

Two players went on the COVID-19 reserve list on the Washington Football Team today, which brought renewed attention to Washington’s status as the team with the most unvaccinated players in the NFL.

Washington coach Ron Rivera, who was treated for cancer last year, is hoping players will consider that his immune system remains weakened when they decide whether to get the vaccine.

“I think just making the statement that I am immune deficient is hopefully part of their conversation and their thought process,” Rivera said in comments distributed by the team. “Again, it is a personal decision, and we just hope that we can get more guys vaccinated.”

Rivera said the vaccine will be available to players tomorrow and he hopes some will get it.

“We will see tomorrow,” Rivera said. “Tomorrow we are hoping that we will get some more guys vaccinated. We will see. It is a difficult topic. I have tried to broach it with a lot of our players and have talked with a lot of our guys that haven’t. It is a personal thing, but hopefully, we can sway it. Hopefully.”

Rivera also tried to impress on players the competitive disadvantages facing teams with more unvaccinated players, as the NFL has stricter protocols about isolating unvaccinated players who have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.

“And that’s part of the problem,” Rivera said. “I mean, to be very honest, that’s going to make things difficult and that’s the thing we have to be aware of. It makes it difficult in terms of everybody working together. Difficult on us as coaches with our evaluations and the scouts. It will be difficult on the player because having time off, not really getting an opportunity to work, develop, grow and learn, that’s the downfall, and the downside. I mentioned it to our guys. I said, ‘you know, here is the what if scenario: what if this had been game day Sunday for the opener?’ Even though it’s only contact tracing for some of them, that’s five days. So, if this is the opener, imagine this, opening against Los Angeles, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, playing Thursday night against the Giants. Those guys would not be eligible. So, to me, it brings the reality of what the rules are and I hope it helps. But again, these young men have to make their decisions.” It is ultimately the players’ decision. But there’s little doubt that the right decision is to get vaccinated.

• Like 1