Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

People are gonna go ape ****.  Maybe it will convince more players to get vaccinated.  At least we don’t have players on our team like DeAndre Hopkins who says he will quit football if there’s a mandate to get the vaccine.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

lol at having Tanya out there interacting with fans in an official capacity for the first time in TWENTY YEARS. So transparent. 

Tanya is awesome!  Tanya and Jason Wright are becoming a dynamic duo.  Both of them seem so easy going and so easy to approach and communicate with.  Wishful thinking...but I hope Tanya can keep her title and added responsibilities. 

19 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

People are gonna go ape ****.  Maybe it will convince more players to get vaccinated.  At least we don’t have players on our team like DeAndre Hopkins who says he will quit football if there’s a mandate to get the vaccine.

Unfortunately, I think it's a bit unlikely. Most anti-vax people are borderline religious when it comes to this **** from what I've experienced.

Maybe if we start having to forfeit games and vaccinated guys start losing their game checks because of a bunch of knuckleheads who refuse to get vaccinated it would spur some players to *ahem* encourage others to get vaccinated.

KaaT.gif

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

It’s my bit. I’m adding more titles everyday. 

If she’s anything like Cersei, we’ll be okay… Cersei was winning until dragons and undead showed up out of nowhere.

They both look exquisite…

Edited by hawgboy

OK here are some observations I had from today.  Sorry it took so long.  Been traveling so just got back to the hotel.    Tomorrow I'll probably go to both practices.

Main differences from Jay's camps from what I recall:

Not as much wasted time is the main thing that hit me.   Players don't tend to linger much from play to play.  Also Jay's camps seemed to emphasize a lot of WCO-short passes in their scrimmages -- you could see the Scott/Norv Turner difference of getting the ball down the field.  Also it was hard to miss the emphasis on having the LBs practice coverage.  I didn't recall that in the Jay practices I watched. 

If Rivera's practices are telling like Jays (which I won't know until the season starts) as for what's coming in the season.  Here's my take after 1 practice.  I typically need to see multiple though before landing a hard impression. 

A.   They are throwing the ball down the field.  I've mentioned before Jay's practices hit these 5 yard out routes again and again and again.  Turner's practices are heavy on 15-20 yard out routes.

B.  Gibson lined up as a receiver.  McKissic too

C.  Get the ball in Terry's hands in anyway possible including backfield

D. Looks like they are willing to err on the side of being aggressive.  Sort of a carpe diem approach to moving the ball

E.  They seem to like to throw to the TE

I was in a good place to see the QBs and WRs not so much the other spots (that should change tomorrow) so most of my player observations are on those spots

A.  Humphries is really impressive.  I liked the signing at the time.  But watching him in action has me even more impressed.  He is so quick out of his breaks.  He comes off so decisive as if he knows the playbook like the back of his hand.  He moves so well and so fast in short spaces.

B. The other dude who impressed me a lot was Logan Thomas.  That's the first time I've seen him play in person so I was a bit taken by how big the dude looks and he can move.  Made some nice catches.

C. Terry had a drop but otherwise they were using him all over the field -- backfield, short, intermediate, long.  

D.  Before he left practice, Seals-Jones looked decent.  He's a big dude and looks somewhat fluid as a pass catcher.  Nothing killer but he had a couple of nice catches that I saw.   I've seen my share of Jags in camp like Sprinkle and to my eyes he looked better than him.

E.  I saw both Dyami and Milne play some X.  Mentioning that because the assumption by most (me included) is they play Z.  The way they moved Terry around made me think that maybe when Terry isnt at X, Dyami plays there?

F.  Dyami made a really nice catch but otherwise I had a hard time forming a strong impression of him one  way or another.  I'll focus more on him perhaps tomorrow

G.  I watched the exercises of LBs/some DEs covering receivers and the dude who stood out to me was S. Toney.  Toney looks really fluid-loose hips.  He looks to me physically more like a LB than a DE

H. I noticed with the 2nd team defense, Toney lined up to the right (weakside-pass rushing spot) with Bradley King on the left (strong side-often run stopping side)

I. Milne made some nice catches but I'll say there is some stiffness in the way he runs.  He looked bigger than I expected

J. Just looking at the O lineman all standing together, Schweitzer is one impressive looking dude and stands out as the most stout muscular guy of the bunch.  I thought that would be Schreff but I think Schweiter has him beat.

K. On the same theme as to big dudes.  I am staying at the same hotel as the team.  S. Reyes got into the elevator with me.  Wow is that guy big.  

That's the gist of what I noticed.  It's impossible to see everything because often there are multiple things going on at the same time at different spots.  So you got to pick what to pay attention to.  Also sometimes your view gets blocked on some plays if people are walking by you, etc.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 29

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK here are some observations I had from today.  Sorry it took so long.  Been traveling so just got back to the hotel.    Tomorrow I'll probably go to both practices.

Main differences from Jay's camps from what I recall:

Not as much wasted time is the main thing that hit me.   Players don't tend to linger much from play to play.  Also Jay's camps seemed to emphasize a lot of WCO-short passes in their scrimmages -- you could see the Scott/Norv Turner difference of getting the ball down the field.  Also it was hard to miss the emphasis on having the LBs practice coverage.  I didn't recall that in the Jay practices I watched. 

If Rivera's practices are telling like Jays (which I won't know until the season starts) as for what's coming in the season.  Here's my take after 1 practice.  I typically need to see multiple though before landing a hard impression. 

A.   They are throwing the ball down the field.  I've mentioned before Jay's practices hit these 5 yard out routes again and again and again.  Turner's practices are heavy on 15-20 yard out routes.

B.  Gibson lined up as a receiver.  McKissic too

C.  Get the ball in Terry's hands in anyway possible including backfield

D. Looks like they are willing to err on the side of being aggressive.  Sort of a carpe diem approach to moving the ball

E.  They seem to like to throw to the TE

I was in a good place to see the QBs and WRs not so much the other spots (that should change tomorrow) so most of my player observations are on those spots

A.  Humphries is really impressive.  I liked the signing at the time.  But watching him in action has me even more impressed.  He is so quick out of his breaks.  He comes off so decisive as if he knows the playbook like the back of his hand.  

B. The other dude who impressed me a lot was Logan Thomas.  That's the first time I've seen him play in person so I was a bit taken by how big the dude looks and he can move.  Made some nice catches.

C. Terry had a drop but otherwise they were using him all over the field -- backfield, short, intermediate, long.  

D.  Before he left practice, Seals-Jones looked decent.  He's a big dude and looks somewhat fluid as a pass catcher.  Nothing killer but he had a couple of nice catches that I saw.   I've seen my share of Jags in camp like Sprinkle and to my eyes he looked better than him.

E.  I saw both Dyami and Milne play some X.  Mentioning that because the assumption by most (me included) is they play Z.  The way they moved Terry around made me think that maybe when Terry isnt at X, Dyami plays there?

F.  Dyami made a really nice catch but otherwise I had a hard time forming a strong impression of him one  way or another.  I'll focus more on him perhaps tomorrow

G.  I watched the exercises of LBs/some DEs covering receivers and the dude who stood out to me was S. Toney.  Toney looks really fluid-loose hips.  He looks to me physically more like a LB than a DE

H. I noticed with the 2nd team defense, Toney lined up to the right (weakside-pass rushing spot) with Bradley King on the left (strong side-often run stopping side)

I. Milne made some nice catches but I'll say there is some stiffness in the he runs.  He looked bigger than I expected

J. Just looking at the O lineman all standing together, Schweitzer is one impressive looking dude and stands out as the most stout muscular guy of the bunch.  I thought that would be Schreff but I think Schweiter has him beat.

K. On the same theme as to big dudes.  I am staying at the same hotel as the team.  S. Reyes got into the elevator with me.  Wow is that guy big.  

That's the gist of what I noticed.  It's impossible to see everything because often there are multiple things going on at the same time at different spots.  So you got to pick what to pay attention to.  Also sometimes your view gets blocked on some plays if people are walking by you, etc.

Thank you SIP! I live for these kinds of right ups. Any first impressions on the QB's?

• Like 5

As for Fitzpatrick and Heincke, I got to watch more to form an impression.  

On first blush, none of our QBs have a rocket.  But we knew that.    Heinicke looks really fluid and decisive.  His arm strength looks below average to me but with more zip than Colt McCoy. 

Heinicke seemed to be starring at his receivers.  I don't know if that matters in practice or not but it seemed to help the corners have a beat on some of his throws.  His mobility was on display some. 

Fitzpatrick is really decisive.  Both he and Heinicke can get in a groove and connect on pass after pass, then all of a sudden throw one that is blatantly inaccurate. 

But my opinion could change on this after watching more practice.  I don't really have a strong opinion on either QB yet. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Fitzpatrick and Heincke, I got to watch more to form an impression.  

On first blush, none of our QBs have a rocket.  But we knew that.    Heinicke looks really fluid and decisive.  His arm strength looks below average to me but with more zip than Colt McCoy. 

Heinicke seemed to be starring at his receivers.  I don't know if that matters in practice or not but it seemed to help the corners have a beat on some of his throws.  His mobility was on display some. 

Fitzpatrick is really decisive.  Both he and Heinicke can get in a groove and connect on pass after pass, then all of a sudden throw one that is blatantly inaccurate. 

But my opinion could change on this after watching more practice.  I don't really have a strong opinion on either QB yet. 

Going to be a fun ride with either one! Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I know.  I’ve been following.  You need to get to at least 12 “titles, titles, titles…” before it really kicks in.

Qween Tanya has yet to acquire all her titles. She has sat on the throne but for a fortnight. By end of preseason she will have more. By the end of the Super Bowl she will have the ultimate title. 

I could do without the political talk RE: the vaccine in here, to be honest. (Yes, I am vaccinated). Let’s do our best to leave our opinions on that stuff to the Tailgate, please. Kills the flow of this thread.

Now that I’ve added that snippet:

I haven’t seen/heard a lot about Jamin, but with our season ramping up at the HS level coming off of our season ending at the end of April I’ve been preoccupied a little. 

I am interested to see if Toney functions as a backer.

Again, I reiterate, Patterson will make the team and get carries.

McKissick as a receiving threat is more of a weapon than people give him credit for.

Seals-Jones isn’t going to make the team. 

I want to see if Young has developed more of a counter to the way NFL OTs play him.

The offensive line is going to be fun to watch. 

St-Juste is a wild card to see a lot of time. Glad he’s getting some burn.

I don’t mind Apke at corner.

Fitz is the starter but man, watch out for Heinicke. IF Fitz misses time I think we’re going to be happy we have him as QB2.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Not sure why the mods bothered to move the thread over to the tailgate and actually thought it wouldn't just spill over into this one.

Because politics. Fact is COVID is already playing a factor during training camp, and this be a training camp tread.

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

Because politics. Fact is COVID is already playing a factor during training camp, and this be a training camp tread.

That's what that thread was for too.

Fact is we know it's going to play a factor and it's been covered to death.

Everything from here on out is just a mix of eyore woe is me and political crap that doesn't belong in the stadium. 

This thread is for discussing what is going on in training camp directly related to football if you want to discuss covid bring it to the thread that moved, the rest of us are sick of hearing about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

That's what that thread was for too.

Fact is we know it's going to play a factor and it's been covered to death.

Everything from here on out is just a mix of eyore woe is me and political crap that doesn't belong in the stadium. 

This thread is for discussing what is going on in training camp directly related to football if you want to discuss covid bring it to the thread that moved, the rest of us are sick of hearing about it.

I hear you but there's also a fine line, since guys who aren't vaccinated getting COVID has a direct impact on the team, who's playing, and how it functions. We now have 2 guys so far already on the COVID list and that doesn't bode well for the rest of the season IMO, and we now know that teams with outbreaks may have to forfeit games. It's not a political issue at that point, it's a football issue as well.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Going to be a fun ride with either one! Thanks again!

Fitz taking most of the first reps.  Between that and most beat guys saying its Fitz's job to lose I am assuming Fitz wins the job.  Tough for me to have a hard impression on either one in day 1 aside from both seem to have good accuracy but not great accuracy.  Both get rid of the ball quickly and look decisive.  Tough for me to say one looked better than the other.  Kyle Allen looked decent too.  

I didn't see any red flags alas what I saw years back with Haskins shaky accuracy or Colt's lack of arm strength.   Heinicke looks to have below average velocity on his throws but I think he makes up for it by throwing with anticipation.  

I don't think though one practice is enough for me to have a strong take on either and when I form a strong take its of course pure opinion versus anything definitive.  Maybe by tomorrow night, assuming I watch both practices I will though have a hard opinion on them.  

50 minutes ago, KDawg said:

McKissick as a receiving threat is more of a weapon than people give him credit for.

He caught a wheel route fairly deep down the field.  And had another catch that was impressive. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Pattersons balance is phenomenal. I hope he makes it in the NFL

Not to throw water on Patterson but Barber did everything asked of him last season, especially with a team that had a one legged QB. I like Barber and hope we keep 4 backs, including Patterson. I guess all I'm saying is don't discount how much RR seems to like Barber regardless of how good Patterson looks thus far. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Kiss the season goodbye..

So, most seasons by midseason; we kiss the season goodbye.   Look at the bright side, if the worst case scenario happens and we have to kiss the season goodbye; we will have that high draft pick where we can get the franchise QB and Taylor and maybe Fitz can groom the new kid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Not to throw water on Patterson but Barber did everything asked of him last season, especially with a team that had a one legged QB. I like Barber and hope we keep 4 backs, including Patterson. I guess all I'm saying is don't discount how much RR seems to like Barber regardless of how good Patterson looks thus far. 

I agree, but with that said, props for Barber doing his job, but our offense sucked last year. And that's because we needed more players with big play ability. Patterson has the ability to take it to the house on any given play. Patterson has the potential to be an upgrade over Barber, THIS YEAR. Not to jinx, but Patterson has that IT factor. But we will see when the preseason starts. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Barber is total ass and shouldnt even be in the league.  Hes a solid blocker, I'll give him that. Pure trash at everything else.

I've never fully understood Ron's seeming man crush on Barber. Sure, he does everything that's asked of him but that doesn't change that he's at best a completely mediocre and unremarkable RB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1