Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

One other thing, and I'm channeling my inner Chris Cooley here: I can absolutely see Chris saying that he would wait to get the vaccine as late as possible to maximize the possibility of missing training camp time.  I'm not sure who else/if anybody else, really would think that way, but I could definitely see a veteran say, "yeah, I really don't need training camp anyway, so if I get placed on the COVID list, hang out at home, play XBox, not practice, then get vaccinated and ready for the season, I could see some folks saying, "yeah, I can live with that."

I absolutely think Cooley would have done something like that, with all the schemes he said he did to actually get out of doing real work while appearing to do work.  Not sure who else would.  

I just thought of that this morning.

I don't think guys like Montez Sweat are that clever.

• 4 months later...

Do we know that he’s still unvaccinated? I assume he isn’t vaccinated given the whole offseason scuffle over it and how dumb he was about it, but Schefter reported out 10 days. Isn’t that for vaccinated guys, and it’s 14 days for unvaccinated? Or if you’re vaccinated do you just need to test negative twice before coming back or something?

Either way, of course this happens to him now. 1. Because it’s us and 2. Because he probably hasn’t grown into a leader the way we’d hoped, if he’s still unvaccinated.

• Thumb down 2

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Do we know that he’s still unvaccinated? I assume he isn’t vaccinated given the whole offseason scuffle over it and how dumb he was about it, but Schefter reported out 10 days. Isn’t that for vaccinated guys, and it’s 14 days for unvaccinated? Or if you’re vaccinated do you just need to test negative twice before coming back or something?

Either way, of course this happens to him now. 1. Because it’s us and 2. Because he probably hasn’t grown into a leader the way we’d hoped, if he’s still unvaccinated.

Vaccinated players need only two negative tests. Unvaccinated out at least 10 days. That brings us to...the day before our game @ Philly. Doubt he plays that game with no practice time. Likely back for SNF in Dallas 

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Unvaccinated according to Rapoport.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Hoping he wasn't around the rest of the team and others will now test positive.

This is what happened to Trea Turner and the Nationals.  He gets tested more frequently because he’s unvaccinated.  So he tests positive and then everyone around him gets tested.  I think it was 7 other guys tested positive, some players, some staff.  Those guys were asymptomatic and vaccinated and wouldn’t have been tested if it wasn’t for the unvaccinated guy.  

He has covid.  He is out whether he is vaxxed or not.  Now he can be treated and play against the eagles. Plus, he now will have natural immunity.  Well played by him, but wish he caught it 2 weeks ago.  

Also, don't blame him if teammates catch covid.  If they do, it is because the vax doesn't work as well as promised.  

Edited by ILikeBilly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb down 2

5 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Im fully vaxxed and am currently getting over Covid right now.  Its been about 10 days.  So im not sure it really matters but Montez or any other player could get covid as well regardless of Vax status. This thread is making me hate this place. 

Not gonna go into it here--there's a lengthy thread in the Tailgate that goes into stuff like what you mentioned that would be more appropritate.

But the issue here that people are most upset by is Sweat's unavailability due to not being vaccinated. If he had been vaccinated there was a better possibility that he could at least return sooner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4