Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

LOL. This isn't the Ravens last year who the NFL moved a game to like Tuesday to help them out.

Yeah if anything they'll move the game a day earlier to eff us more and then fine us and penalize us draft picks to boot.

I'm only half kidding.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

No postponements or rescheduled games for 2021 according to what the NFL put out in the off-season. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-forfeit-cancelled-game

In light of the substantial roster flexibility in place for the 2021 season, absent medical considerations or government directives, games will not be postponed or rescheduled simply to avoid roster issues caused by injury or illness affecting multiple players, even within a position group.

20 minutes ago, daveakl said:

On a positive note, teams will want to run on us because our DL depth is gone OR they will want to pass on us because our DB depth is gone BUT they can't do both at the same time!!!

Another positive note is that instead of facing a team that would have a had more rest than us, we'll face a team with players that are months more rested than those small two weeks rest for the Eagles!!!

Btw, it's always good to see you lurking around Dave ;)

1 hour ago, clietas said:

No postponements or rescheduled games for 2021 according to what the NFL put out in the off-season. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-forfeit-cancelled-game

I bet that would change if their wonder child Brady's or Mahomes' offense suffered this.

Goodell isn't THAT dumb; the chance that either team not make the SB?  Yes I bet they would amend that very fast, and quietly...

That would be a strange scenario to see unfold;

Both WFT and Eagles 2nd and 3rd string squads going at it; sort of reminds me of the big " Replacements" game. I bet it would be sloppier than a old off-brand form of Manwich...

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Btw, it's always good to see you lurking around Dave ;)

Hey, at least with Covid we have had new stories to talk about the past two years. Otherwise its just rehashing the same scenario with different actors over the past 25 years.

48 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Tis the season. 

The Snyder story + Covid + 1 more coming....

I'm wagering that someone very prominent will be leaving the organization soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Given how we got absolutely manhandled on Sunday I wonder if players having COVID before they knew they knew they were infected had an impact on our performance during the game. Seems plausible. 

Only for the offense.

10 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Given how we got absolutely manhandled on Sunday I wonder if players having COVID before they knew they knew they were infected had an impact on our performance during the game. Seems plausible. 

I was thinking that but only if COVID had shown up on the OL. Allen and the DL and the CBS (namely Fuller) had good games so I can't see them having undiagnosed COVID. 

But that said, take a look at players pre-COVID and post-COVID there is a big difference. Depending on how bad it is (and we are probably not going to get info on this) it can have some lingering e/affects.

I have to remind myself that we are in the middle of a global pandemic (?endemic?) and so sports are a luxury. I don't expect the NFL to cancel the season but things are getting bad right now, so bad that winning the game is starting to be way down the list of the outcomes I want from this. I really hope these guys and their families are all safe. We can play the blame game and try to find patient zero but for what? Whats the reward? This is a confusing and stressful time for everybody and while I wish that we could all just snap our fingers and end it all, that's not going to happen. Whether you agree with Sweat / Fuller / whoever else is unvaccinated, they are people and didn't stop being people because they disagreed with you. I think about my son who - to spite me - will tell me he hates food and will never eat again. All the attempts I make to get him to eat his meals (or go to sleep) are met with friction and arguments because to win this argument with me, he'd rather starve than give in. But that's my son so I have to ask how I'm going to handle this because as much as I disagree with him and want to call him names and say he is frustrating me to the nth degree, he is still my son. 

Sweat, Fuller, Settle, Allen, Hudson, Smth-Williams, Toohill, Hemmingway, Bradley-King, and Mayo are all in a serious fight right now. Hopefully the fact that they are among the top athletes in the world will help them, but I have read stories of runners having some bad bouts with COVID, and there were stories of other athletes having bad bouts. So I just hope they're OK. 

• Thumb up 1