Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

WR is honestly least of my concerns at the moment.  If they have to line up with DBrown, Carter, Milne and Hump, at least there are 4 available guys.

I literally have no idea how they will fill 4 DL spots at the moment.  They might have to play a 3-4 just because they don't have 4 DL they can activate.  They DON'T have more than one DT.  So, in any event, I think it would be Payne playing next to a converted DE if they did play 4 down.

It is bananas.  

Orchard, Wise, Payne, Toney. 

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Bada is the international pathway player who is on their PS. He actually looked decent in preseason. TY McGill is a veteran DT who has had 2 stints on this team - he was most recently on the practice squad in November and is currently on Minnesota's

Yes, I was joking.  

I feel SO much better.  

41 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

At this point just list the players that aren’t on the list. It’s way shorter.

I can’t even keep up with my original post!  I think I’m missing some players.  Will have to deal with it tonight when I’m not at work.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Offensive thoughts:  The concussions to McKissic and McLaurin hurt more than the COVID stuff on offense. Though, if TH can't go, then you're in deep doo doo at QB due to Kyle Allen being on the COVID list.

Good chance Heinicke can't finish this game. He's gotta be banged up from last week and divisional games are rough in the NFCE.

Could have a practice squad QB taking snaps from a 4th string center.

Yikes.

• Like 1

So, I'm not saying that I had covid, but I was very sick for a few days a couple of months ago. Once the initial illness subsided, I was still coughing up thick mucus, out of breath, tired, sleeping terribly and weak. I was like that for at least three weeks. Even if a third of our team were to come back after covid, are they going to be in any shape to play? I'm not saying our season is over, but I think its on life support. Not a whole lot you can do about it, no reason to get too upset. Our guys did their best.

P.S. Yes, I've got the shot.

26 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So, I'm not saying that I had covid, but I was very sick for a few days a couple of months ago. Once the initial illness subsided, I was still coughing up thick mucus, out of breath, tired, sleeping terribly and weak. I was like that for at least three weeks. Even if a third of our team were to come back after covid, are they going to be in any shape to play? I'm not saying our season is over, but I think its on life support. Not a whole lot you can do about it, no reason to get too upset. Our guys did their best.

P.S. Yes, I've got the shot.

It's being reported that most of the players testing positive across the league don't have symptoms. Guessing it applies here too

19 minutes ago, method man said:

It's being reported that most of the players testing positive across the league don't have symptoms. Guessing it applies here too

I can speak to one player who had flu like symptoms, kept testing negative so they practiced/played and then later tested positive. Not a Washington player.

13 minutes ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

They did test the entire team and staff.

They had 1 positive. Cedrick Wilson

They tested the vaccinated players Monday. Watch next Mondays test results to see if Dallas has issues.

To add to this....Washington is about to get royally screwed if the proposed changes happen between this weekend and next.

Edited by daveakl
  • Sad 1

Bottom line, attempting to play like this with 1/3 of the team basically out on Covid, or illness, is kinda ridiculous. If they players do come back, at least som eof them, by some miracle, is it really smart to have them play....even if they do how effective will they be. WFT gave it a good shot at the end before all of the covid stuff kicked in, but you have to wonder if it's not best for them, and a handful of the other teams hit hard, to just postpone the games for a week.