Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

I saw some talk about moving the game to accommodate, but Didn’t the NFL already state that no games will be changed due to covid. 

I only went back a page in this thread, but do we know how many of the now 18 tested positive and who’s just in close contact? Also, who have been vaccinated? The policy is different for all, so there’s a chance that we’re not actually down 18 players on Sunday.

if that is indeed the case, you’ll see the first covid forfeit.

And if so, boy would I like to be a fly on the wall when Rivera rips into them… he did all he could to prevent this.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I saw some talk about moving the game to accommodate, but Didn’t the NFL already state that no games will be changed due to covid. 

I only went back a page in this thread, but do we know how many of the now 18 tested positive and who’s just in close contact? Also, who have been vaccinated? The policy is different for all, so there’s a chance that we’re not actually down 18 players on Sunday.

And if so, boy would I like to be a fly on the wall when Rivera rips into them… he did all he could to prevent this.

they did.  But with it hitting multiple teams they might cave

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-covid-19-outbreak-roger-goodell-says-there-has-been-no-discussion-on-moving-week-15-game-vs-raiders/

The NFL rescheduled several games last season due to the ongoing pandemic. For this season, the league implemented several rules to help teams navigate the pandemic, including expanding the practice squad roster. The NFL made it clear before the start of the season that games would not be rescheduled due to COVID-19 outbreaks. Furthermore, the league stated that teams could be forced to forfeit games if there was a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Fuller and Sweat are the only two non-vaxed that I know of.  Sweat could rejoin the team as soon as Saturday.  Fuller has been reported to be definitely out for 10 days.  Apke was sick today and missed practice, then was added to the list, so I’m assuming he has it.  Don’t know about the rest as have it/close contact.  

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-covid-19-outbreak-roger-goodell-says-there-has-been-no-discussion-on-moving-week-15-game-vs-raiders/

The NFL rescheduled several games last season due to the ongoing pandemic. For this season, the league implemented several rules to help teams navigate the pandemic, including expanding the practice squad roster. The NFL made it clear before the start of the season that games would not be rescheduled due to COVID-19 outbreaks. Furthermore, the league stated that teams could be forced to forfeit games if there was a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players. 

This appears to be primarily an outbreak among vaccinated players.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

This appears to be primarily an outbreak among vaccinated players.

Don’t you do it…

that’s why I was wondering how many are in covid protocol because they were just close contact.

18 confirmed cases on one team at one time breaks the record by a lot. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Don’t you do it…

that’s why I was wondering how many are in covid protocol because they were just close contact.

18 confirmed cases on one team at one time breaks the record by a lot. 

My comment was in response to an article about the NFL as a whole. As of November 17, 94.3% of players in the league had been vaccinated. It's difficult to see how there can be a "COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players" that would cause the NFL to follow through on its threat to forfeit any team's games.

Edited by Kelvin Bryant
Add percentages
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, petey hodge said:

I'd get blowtorched if I posted this in the Hive Thread... but TH's critics say not to credit Taylor for winning a game all by himself... but since he's the only one not on Covid protocols thus far, we may get to see only Heinicke vs 11 defensive players.

If his new center Jeron Mayne can give him time to throw to his new TE Swole Blocomb he should be okay.

7 hours ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

My comment was in response to an article about the NFL as a whole. As of November 17, 94.3% of players in the league had been vaccinated. It's difficult to see how there can be a "COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players" that would cause the NFL to follow through on its threat to forfeit any team's games.

Do we have the numbers on how many of our 18 players actually tested positive. With how strict the rules are, I’d expect literally the whole team to be under covid protocol if we had that many positives.

also, I’m sure Antonio brown wasn’t the only player with a fake card. Given this teams lack of cooperation leading up to the season, I wouldn’t put it past some to also go this route. (This may belong in the conspiracy thread)