Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

Nothing like having protocols in place then just changing and relaxing them because the original ones started to make life too difficult...:rofl89:

Player safety and game integrity concerns seem fairly obvious to me, should be an interesting weekend in that respect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, KDawg said:

We better hope these guys all test negative. But keep in mind… they aren’t going to have practiced all week. So… even if we do we’re at a disadvantage. In a division game. Against a tough team. 

21 guys. 

Plus injuries. 

We’re going to be signing guys off the practice squad’s practice squad if our guys don’t test negative.

Respectfully, I actually think not practicing might be just what was needed for some of our guys. They've been on an exhausting stretch of games and probably needed the rest. I don't think our defensive line needs practice reps to kick ass this Sunday. I expect Montez to come back and be very disruptive.

27 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

Reed Doughty (sp?), a step to slow but knew where he should be.

As apposed to Apke who knows where he should be, but gets there too quickly and over runs the play.

51 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

At this rate RR & JDL are going to have to suit up and play both ways.

And where the hell is Junior Gallette ? maybe call up James Thrash and that safety who was Troy Apke before Troy Apke (can't remember his name and he was actually not terrible like Apke)

Seriously though, there is no reason to think they win this game or even have an NFL caliber product on the field, but I am oddly confident that they do just that. Resilient, tough MF'ers  almost like a scab game without the animosity.

Is Portis out of jail currently?

• Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Nothing like having protocols in place then just changing and relaxing them because the original ones started to make life too difficult...:rofl89:

Player safety and game integrity concerns seem fairly obvious to me, should be an interesting weekend in that respect.

I'm guessing during the playoffs the league won't even test vaccinated players unless they have symptoms

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Now the QBs. Wow Garrett Gilbert or Taamu time. Horrible.

Any word on the coaching staff? Across the league some of the coaches are getting positive results as well but I haven’t seen anything like that reported here. 

Brandon Scherff played quarterback in high school.  At this point, that would be the most entertaining option to watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In a weird way, I don't want to see Kyle Allen test out of the covid protocol tomorrow, even though I don't think the NFL would let that happen.  At this point I'm wanting to see an entire 52 man roster of replacements and scrubs just to see the awkwardness of it all....and some guys who otherwise couldn't sniff an NFL roster get to have their day in the sun, even if it's in Philadelphia.

In other words, I'm pretty sure that the NFL, in order to make themselves not look like the incompetent boobs that they are, will make sure Kyle Allen clears the protocol tomorrow so people can't point and laugh at what a **** show this has become. While the WFT is a bottom-feeder in the league, the NFL doesn't want to see someone starting at QB who's pretty much a joke....the NFL will not be made a mockery of.

Meanwhile, I'm over here like:

and-here-we-go-joker.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Who is patient zero?  Did one person spread it to the entire team?  Or was it several players getting exposed.

Yeah, I'm not into covid-shaming whoever's responsible for this.  

It's one thing if it's an idiot like Haskins making it rain at a strip club or whatever but I'd prefer to think that these guys are all being responsible as they can.  

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Kyle Allen...will save the reputation of the NFL.

Kyle Allen.

giphy.gif

:ols:

It's not the stretch of the imagination that Kyle Allen can start an NFL game, especially in a pinch.  I don't think he's great, but he can be a decent backup.

The NFL doesn't want to see some practice squad guy start a game in December for a game that has playoff implications.  I don't think that's wrong.