Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

(mod edit---see title---rule 18 violation---personal anecdotes about 'my world and covid' are digressions inviting more such and are not on topic...if you've missed all the warnings to keep the focus narrow, plus what's in the title, too bad)

According to the new NFL rules, they can test maximum 3 times per day. Day of game you can’t do PCR so it has to be rapid test. Plus you have to activate player day before the game expecting him to test out. If he doesn’t you can’t put him back on Covid list. So time of game doesn’t matter.

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

People seem to be focused on negative tests but I would be more focused on the viral load test, seems like an easier path to getting players out of the protocol.

The rapid tests are not that sensitive. You think they can test positive on rapid test and be below viral load threshold on a PCR test?

7 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

The rapid tests are not that sensitive. You think they can test positive on rapid test and be below viral load threshold on a PCR test?

I don't know enough about the tests to answer your question but it seems reasonable to think you could still test positive when your viral load is decreasing, if that weren't the case then why would the NFL waste time putting that new rule in place. 

Edited by JSSkinz

11 minutes ago, burgngold fan said:

Who is Gilbert and where did he come from. Just the fact I had to ask this. Means we are screwed

He was a QB on the Patriots Practice Squad and Washington Signed Him. He had previously played for The Panthers and Cowboys and some other teams. Coach Rivera said the Coaching staff was comfortable with Gilbert!

17 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't know enough about the tests to answer your question but it seems reasonable to think you could still still test positive when your viral load is decreasing, if that weren't the case then why would the NFL waste time putting that new rule in place. 

True. But I am hoping we get some false negative rapid tests and call it a day.

• Like 1

Just listened to Ron's press conference. Basically it's not the negative tests they're looking for, it's that contagious number being below 35 or whatever. And they're setting that number drop in a lot of the players without symptoms.

Side note, we've seen players come back from covid and not play as well as before. I'm not sure if this is symptomatic or not but I hope they can get back in playing shape. 

Getting the players back will be nice, but at the same time I don't expect them to be at 100% given the events of the preceding week.  Maybe they will surprise us and figure it out as a cohesive unit on the field, but I am tempering my expectations on what level of play to expect. 

12 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Getting the players back will be nice, but at the same time I don't expect them to be at 100% given the events of the preceding week.  Maybe they will surprise us and figure it out as a cohesive unit on the field, but I am tempering my expectations on what level of play to expect. 

Wasn't our performance impacted by the amount of injuries/Covid-listed players though? It's not like we were really healthy and just laying an egg. Hopefully we can come back stronger on Tuesday.