Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody Going to Watch Oprah Interview with Prince Harry and Dutchess Meghan March 7th?

Passepartout

7 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Trump was a big deal in foreign news for 4 years. Perhaps we feel like we can sit and judge other nations now that Trump isn't in office. Part of it is of course the fact that they moved to the US to get away from it. 

Funniest part is everyone (domestic and international) thinks it was so bad here compared to there...which is sooooo not the case.

It's just as bad there (sometimes worse) and now some of those countries leaders are having issues of their own. A couple weeks ago, I read an article about the president of France having an issue with the US cancel culture making its way to his shores...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/02/09/world/europe/france-threat-american-universities.amp.html

I love calling out the hypocrisy to my friends in Europe and Asia....

18 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Mind boggling to me how someone of power in a foreign country being racist is a bigger deal to Americans than our sitting president for 4 years being a racist.  I must be out of the loop because I just don't understand why this is such a huge deal over here.

I'm not that shocked by it at all.  There's tremendous cognitive dissonance involved in addressing one's own issues because it requires someone to acknowledge that their actions don't necessarily coincide with the values they believe they have.

As an Indian-American, I distinctly remember in early 2013 when the New Delhi Rape Case was in the news at the same time as the Gang Rape in Steubenville, OH. I won't get into the details of the cases, but it amazed me hearing people talk about the problems with women's right in India (there are plenty), without even showing the slightest concern that multiple high school administrators helped try to cover up the Ohio rape because football, or that countless media entities (even liberal outlets like CNN), spent even a moment talking about how the football players' futures were ruined.

That's what's easy about judging things in another country- there's literally nothing for us to fix about it. And its also the reason we can't even accept those same things in our own country- because it indirectly commits us to working to fix them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I feel targeted.

Well now you're being silly...your name says Chachie not Charlie... if this was a Scott Baio hating thread you could feel targeted...

Now if your name was Karen....thats a whole different thread...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The news didn't shock me at all. Monarchies for hundreds of years have all been about purity of the bloodline so much so that incest was the preferred match in many situations. That kind of inbred thinking almost has to be racist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well I guess Piers Morgan quitting his morning show is a silver lining here.

Piers Morgan: "How dare you talk about the Royal Family like that?!?!?!"
America: "****, this is America.  Do you know how many Brits we killed so we could tell the royal family to **** off?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Piers Morgan: "How dare you talk about the Royal Family like that?!?!?!"
America: "****, this is America.  Do you know how many Brits we killed so we could tell the royal family to **** off?"

Seriously, Meghan Markle just finished what George Washington started.

• Haha 1

‘How Much Cocaine Is Too Much?’: Don Jr Trolled After Ranting About Meghan Markle

Donald Trump Jr. appears to be having spotlight withdrawals after his father was beaten by President Joe Biden and was forced to leave the White House. The oldest Trump child has been publishing rant videos about “hot takes” for anyone willing to watch.

His most recent take was about the interview Oprah Winfrey conducted with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry.

Trump Jr. decided to attack Markle during his rant.

He stated, “Are we really pretending that she’s a victim of all of this. Has she ever met a camera that she probably didn’t love? Are we really pretending that? I actually feel bad for Harry. He’s like a guy in a hostage video,” during his overamped monologue.

After finishing his rant, Trump Jr. took to Twitter to beg his followers to watch his video. People fired back at the president’s son by trolling him.

Click on the link for more

• Haha 2

Ok, disclaimer, I don't give a rat's ass about The Royals! neverending reality show, not one furry cheek, and I have so far successfully ignored the latest pearl clutching episode w/ Harry and Meghan and Oprah, oh my! But I read this for some reason (actually, hoping for a solid dose of Irish snark) and was not disappointed

Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/harry-and-meghan-the-union-of-two-great-houses-the-windsors-and-the-celebrities-is-complete-1.4504502

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wife made me watch the whole thing.  They were worried about the baby's skin tone.  **** the rest of the interview, that's all I heard.  

Like my brother @Spaceman Spiff mentioned earlier in the thread, I think Meghan was dealing with a double whammy.  One, she was in over her head and underestimated how stressful and demanding the position of literally being a princess was going to be...and two, she black.  

Meghan was walking around the royal palace with a bonnet and house shoes and Big Charles wasn't having that **** :rofl89:

• Haha 1

I wouldnt be surprised if the royal family isnt awash with those same thoughts of depression, anguish and suicidal thoughts personally. It just seems to come with the territory. That being said being born into it probably helps you learn to deal with it better. I dunno. I really dont care. But i do wonder how 'put together' these weirdly powerful for no good reason people are.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

Trump was a big deal in foreign news for 4 years. Perhaps we feel like we can sit and judge other nations now that Trump isn't in office. Part of it is of course the fact that they moved to the US to get away from it. 

They wanted to get away from racism by moving to America? 🤔

I think British people have cherished their monarchy despite it's growing obsolescence because they love Elizabeth.  I'm wondering how much they'll still want it when she is gone and the King is a douche that they hate.

• Thanks 2

I love that every post must start with "I don't give a **** about any of this BUT....." or "my wife made me watch it and so I guess I have thoughts."

It's okay people.  It's arguably the biggest news story right now (sorry $1.9 billion stimulus bill) and the coverage is ubiquitous.  No shame in admitting that you are Royal-curious and it's okay to have opinions on a very public feud.  Who doesn't love a good feud?  Feuds are ****ing great.  

• Like 2

I didn't know anything more than there was an interview and I saw some clips and pics of it, and I didn't even know she was black until this thread lol.  She doesn't look black at first glance at all.  

I had never seen her or heard of her prior to this Oprah interview and even after googling and seeing multiple pics, I still wouldn't have known she was black without being told she was.

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I love that every post must start with "I don't give a **** about any of this BUT....." or "my wife made me watch it and so I guess I have thoughts."

It's okay people.  It's arguably the biggest news story right now (sorry $1.9 billion stimulus bill) and the coverage is ubiquitous.  No shame in admitting that you are Royal-curious and it's okay to have opinions on a very public feud.  Who doesn't love a good feud?  Feuds are ****ing great.  

😒  I snuck it in the middle of my post to prove how not Royal-curious I am. 

• Haha 2

I did not watch any of the interview, although I might have if I had the time and knew when it was coming on. I don't have regular TV so I never know when these things will be on - and I am totally Ok with that. Have no plans to change.

I will probably watch parts of it on Youtube as I have followed Meghan Markle some. I am a huge fan of Suits. Hated it when she left the show. If anyone has not seen that show, it's worth checking it out, unless you are an actual attorney. Then it will drive you crazy all the stuff they pull that would never fly in real life 🙂  But very clever writing and great actors. Highly entertaining. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1