Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody Going to Watch Oprah Interview with Prince Harry and Dutchess Meghan March 7th?

Passepartout

1 hour ago, Destino said:

You’re right, it’s not.  Is she still depressed or did her mental health situation clear up when she remembered she was rich and could simply walk away from the old inbred royals and live however she wants to in California?  If so, I hope she gets help.  If not, we should all try this miracle cure or telling our in-laws to **** off and buying a mansion on a different continent.

I get that you didn’t watch it, so wouldn’t know this, but a big problem for them was the constant harassment and death threats they were getting. Which became even more of a threat when the firm or whatever took away their security protections. She had her passport and other things taken away from her and was isolated while all this was going on. Feeling like the people who supposedly welcomed her and promised to protect her weren’t doing **** other than turning their back on her. I completely get why Harry would not want to see the same thing that happened to his mother, happen to his wife. 

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I get that you didn’t watch it, so wouldn’t know this, but a big problem for them was the constant harassment and death threats they were getting. Which became even more of a threat when the firm or whatever took away their security protections. She had her passport and other things taken away from her and was isolated while all this was going on. Feeling like the people who supposedly welcomed her and promised to protect her weren’t doing **** other than turning their back on her. I completely get why Harry would not want to see the same thing that happened to his mother, happen to his wife. 

yeah that does sound horrible.  Im glad they were able to find another place (pictured below) and start over.  

urz76Sm.jpg
hhble9J.jpg

Welcome to the struggle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Yup, I’m sincerely glad for them that they were able to rely on Tyler Perry giving them a house and a security detail and Princess Diana squirreled away money for Harry to use. I don’t get why you’re being so salty about this? I’d get not empathizing with them if they were assholes, but that’s not the case here. And money doesn’t make a person invulnerable from suffering. To think otherwise is myopic. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

The right wing suddenly taking up for the royal family is an odd twist.  I would have expected them to mock them more.  

Really?  They wanted to install Trump as a king, with his children as his royal family.  Not surprising, they are for authoritarianism (such as a monarchy), not democracy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, China said:

Really?  They wanted to install Trump as a king, with his children as his royal family.  Not surprising, they are for authoritarianism (such as a monarchy), not democracy.

good point, I hadn’t thought of it like that.  I was still thinking they fancied themselves old timey revolutionary war Patriots that enjoyed hating the British monarchy.  We have turned a page though haven’t we?  

7 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Beta Male indeed....

What’s beta about moving away from your dad and grandma when they’re causing problems with your marriage anyway?  Would it be alpha to listen to your grandma like a good boy even if it destroys your marriage?  Doesn’t sound like an alpha move.

(the entire alpha and beta thing is moronic)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

good point, I hadn’t thought of it like that.  I was still thinking they fancied themselves old timey revolutionary war Patriots that enjoyed hating the British monarchy.  We have turned a page though haven’t we? 

These people support ****ing Communist Russia because Putin has Trump wrapped around his fingers.  At this point, just assume that for any just cause, these people will fight for the other side.

It probably isn't breaking news, but Charles is most likely a POS and probably one of the folks he didn't want to name outloud.  

On the surface I have much respect for Harry... he come off as loving, caring, supportive of his wife. 

• Like 3

We watched it last night. I thought Meghan came off as fake and full of ****, especially in the beginning when she claimed to have no idea what she was getting into. If you're getting serious with a prince, you're either an idiot or lying if you claim to not have done any research about it. I'm thinking she was lying because she claimed all that and then a few minutes later was citing historical precedent about titles. 

None of this means the royal family was justified in anything they did, but I just think all sides are full of ****. We're essentially watching a family squabble between millionaires about what they want one another to be called. My family went through this when my first child was born...my in-laws at the time wanted to be called "grandma and grandpa" and he insisted on "pappy and meemaw" instead. Talk about DRAMA!!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

We watched it last night. I thought Meghan came off as fake and full of ****, especially in the beginning when she claimed to have no idea what she was getting into. If you're getting serious with a prince, you're either an idiot or lying if you claim to not have done any research about it. I'm thinking she was lying because she claimed all that and then a few minutes later was citing historical precedent about titles. 

None of this means the royal family was justified in anything they did, but I just think all sides are full of ****. We're essentially watching a family squabble between millionaires about what they want one another to be called. My family went through this when my first child was born...my in-laws at the time wanted to be called "grandma and grandpa" and he insisted on "pappy and meemaw" instead. Talk about DRAMA!!

I agree, when I heard her say that (or that she didn't Google her husband), I thought immediate bull****. However, I think she meant more that she didn't know what she was getting into as to how she would be treated by the royal family. I don't think she meant she didn't know what would be asked of her to be a royal. If that was in fact what she meant, she needs to read more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think that it was Charles who commented on future Archie's skin color. William was very unhappy that Harry was dating Meghan when they first began to get serious. He wanted Harry to slow down and the two of them had obvious disagreement about Harry marrying Meghan. So I think it was William that made those comments. He's the future king and he acts like it already. This is my opinion.

• Like 1

No, not watching, Lord knows enough highlights get played on other news shows.

Easy answer, mental health is a real problem and I'm glad they got away.

Other answer, we fought a war some time ago so that our country didn't have to give a crap about the royal family.  Though this applies less to the current situation, and more as to why the hell our news shows devoted an entire day to the royal weddings when they occurred.  We shouldn't care about these people nearly as much as some of this country does.

Other comment...given that Harry went to a prestigious war college and actually served in the military, and insisted on being on the front lines with his class, even though he was eventually overruled, I'm pretty sure he could hand Charlie Kirk his ass on a plate.

• Like 2

I don't get some of the responses here.  I have a close friend whose dad committed suicide when my friend was 16.  His parents had divorced and his mom had remarried when this happened, so he literally became a millionaire overnight (and then his mom started suing him at 18). I don't recall anyone ever once being jealous of his "rich people problems."

People are talking about Harry losing his mom like its no big deal because she left him lots of money. From the sounds of it, she was the only person in his life who had any concept of grounded-ness.

13 hours ago, Destino said:

The right wing suddenly taking up for the royal family is an odd twist.  I would have expected them to mock them more.  

I thought this twitter thread from an author from Liverpool was really interesting. What I found really interesting was that since he's Scouse, he feels he has some perspective on what its like to be looked down upon by the rest of English society.

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 3

Mind boggling to me how someone of power in a foreign country being racist is a bigger deal to Americans than our sitting president for 4 years being a racist.  I must be out of the loop because I just don't understand why this is such a huge deal over here.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Mind boggling to me how someone of power in a foreign country being racist is a bigger deal to Americans than our sitting president for 4 years being a racist.  I must be out of the loop because I just don't understand why this is such a huge deal over here.

Trump was a big deal in foreign news for 4 years. Perhaps we feel like we can sit and judge other nations now that Trump isn't in office. Part of it is of course the fact that they moved to the US to get away from it.