Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody Going to Watch Oprah Interview with Prince Harry and Dutchess Meghan March 7th?

Passepartout

Interesting and really they answer about everything. Will not give it a way for those who may had DVR it. But really Meghan said she suffered mental illness and really Harry had to decide either his wife or the Buckingham Palace. Yeah she knew what she was getting into marrying the Prince. But also he had to give up a lot in order to not have a repeat over what happened to his mother. But still mental illness is really nothing to take lightly. As know the feeling myself. 

I didn't watch it but I don't believe for a second that she knew what she was getting into.  She may have thought she did and it sounds good to say that, but I don't believe it.

I read an excerpt from the interview, she said something about how she had to give up her decision making abilities or something...yeah, that's what happens when you take a title/position like that...you're essentially at the will of Britain's people.  You put the crown before everything else.  Some can handle it, some can't and that's not a slam on mental health.  I don't think Diana really knew what she was getting into either, and that's okay, I don't believe it's for everyone.  Diana was young, wanted to party some and do things her way.  Kate Middleton certainly knew what she was getting into she pursued it heavily...and if anyone needs clarification on that, google about how she pursued Prince William.   

All of this from someone who doesn't take the royal family seriously (apologies in advance to the UK Tailgate folks).  

• Like 1

I wonder what the ratings for this interview will be.  I didn’t watch, because I couldn’t give two ****s about the royal family, or the drama surrounding them, but I do realize that it was a big topic online last night and this morning. With everything going on in this country at the moment, I wonder how much people will care about rich monarch problems.

I recorded it and watched when I went to bed. Here's the reality of Harry's position in the line to the throne, which I personally don't think he cares about. He'll never be king unless something catastrophic happens to William and his children. Behind the scenes, I'm guessing that there was a big push to discourage Harry from following his heart because Meghan is mixed race, as demonstrated by the questioning of Archie's skin color. I also think that the couple was taking media attention away from William and Kate, destined to be king and queen.  Charles is tightening the main royal circle around William and his family. Any other senior, working royal is getting state money and security protection. Harry and Meghan wanted away from this and are capable of making their own money. Plus, Harry was really hurt that their security protection was taken away, like a slap in the face. 

There's more that I think, mostly because Harry was really guarded in what he said whereas Meghan pretty much opened up to her feelings.

• Thanks 1

Read the Post's recap.  I think Harry and Meghan are doing the right thing.  They aren't in line for the throne or in any way "necessary" to the royal family.  Meghan has been treated like ****; whether that has to do with her race or just the fact that she isn't British, I have no idea.  Harry always seemed to be the type to chart his own path, so good for them for leaving their gilded cage.  

• Like 4

**** the monarchy. It's outdated and should be eliminated. It would be one thing if the monarchy ran the government,  they  don't.  Once  Queen Lizzy dies, abolish the monarchy. 

As for watching the interview, no. I watched the fake monarchy in Coming to America 2, instead.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

**** the monarchy. It's outdated and should be eliminated. It would be one thing if the monarchy ran the government,  they  don't.  Once  Queen Lizzy dies, abolish the monarchy. 

As for watching the interview, no. I watched the fake monarchy in Coming to America 2, instead.

I don't really give a **** about them either, but I'm wondering why you seem pretty hostile towards them.

This was all predictable.  They were never gonna put up with this dude who won't be king bringing home a black girl.  An American one, at that.  

But I'm fuzzy how this all works.  Who exactly was making things difficult for them?  I know they talk about "the firm" but who or what is that that they can get away with treating a prince like that?

Although I didn't watch it, I think I know every word due to the constant news coverage that it's getting. It's become like the latest mini-series or soap opera.

The day that the monarchy is abolished and we change to some form of constitutional republic can't come soon enough. The system of unelected heads of state passing on the title to their children doesn't belong in the 21st century.

27 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't really give a **** about them either, but I'm wondering why you seem pretty hostile towards them.

Don't  care for the symbol of oppression. So, much of what's wrong in the world; can be traced to things the monarchy did, when they ran things. Also, monarchy think they are better than the average Brit.

• Like 1

We DVR'd it... wife has been watching The Crown.  If the treatment of Diana is portrayed as accurate than I can't imagine why any of her children would really want to trust the Monarchy. Have no idea of this is covered in the interview.

I don’t care much for the royal family but I’m happy that it is getting attention as it highlights mental health awareness and some elements of racism within the royal family. 

it’s hard not to walk away with a better impression of Harry who immediately tried to get help for his wife and then bounced on the royal family when that help wasn’t adequate. 

• Like 4

I don’t watch these sorts of interviews because celebrities don’t interest me and I don’t trust rich people giving carefully planned remarks.  I also find it hard to sympathize with people wealthy enough to simply do whatever they want without a care for what anyone thinks about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I don’t watch these sorts of interviews because celebrities don’t interest me and I don’t trust rich people giving carefully planned remarks.  I also find it hard to sympathize with people wealthy enough to simply do whatever they want without a care for what anyone thinks about it.

Yeah as really point well taken Destino. But in all seriousness mental illness is not a joke.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Yeah as really point well taken Destino. But in all seriousness mental illness is not a joke.

You’re right, it’s not.  Is she still depressed or did her mental health situation clear up when she remembered she was rich and could simply walk away from the old inbred royals and live however she wants to in California?  If so, I hope she gets help.  If not, we should all try this miracle cure or telling our in-laws to **** off and buying a mansion on a different continent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Destino said:

You’re right, it’s not.  Is she still depressed or did her mental health situation clear up when she remembered she was rich and could simply walk away from the old inbred royals and live however she wants to in California?  If so, I hope she gets health.  If not, we should all try this miracle cure or telling our in-laws to **** off and buying a mansion on a different continent.

I agree.  I don't discount the pressure of her situation but it's not like she's out on the streets and roughing it since they decided to step away.  Harry and Meghan are still going to be fine for life...their kids probably will be, too.  Knowing that's the case is like half the battle of life.