Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody Going to Watch Oprah Interview with Prince Harry and Dutchess Meghan March 7th?

Passepartout

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They wanted to get away from racism by moving to America? 🤔

I think British people have cherished their monarchy despite it's growing obsolescence because they love Elizabeth.  I'm wondering how much they'll still want it when she is gone and the King is a douche that they hate.

Not get away from racism, get away from the family. I'm unaware of anywhere on earth where one can get away from racism that is at the same time inhabited by humans. 

44 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I love that every post must start with "I don't give a **** about any of this BUT....." or "my wife made me watch it and so I guess I have thoughts."

It's okay people.  It's arguably the biggest news story right now (sorry $1.9 billion stimulus bill) and the coverage is ubiquitous.  No shame in admitting that you are Royal-curious and it's okay to have opinions on a very public feud.  Who doesn't love a good feud?  Feuds are ****ing great.  

Americans love news about the British royal family even though many of us pretend not to.  To us it's just a celebrity drama with fanciful settings and titles.  It's not consequential to our nation so it doesn't have to go beyond curiosity for us.

If I were Joe Biden I'd be trying make some deals with the UK right now.  We took Harry and Megan, I think they need to take at least half a dozen Trumps in return.  Trump Jr preferably, but at least Ivanka and Eric.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

:ph34r:

I'm sure there are idiots on twitter that are saying those things.  No one is too "privileged" to have those experiences.  She's absolutely right.

That said, I find it hard to feel as much sympathy for Meghan who, despite her and Harry's Megxit (see what I did there?) move, have unlimited resources to deal with those issues.  If I had to deal with depression, mental anguish, etc, and deal with it in the house I'm living in with access to whatever doctors are included on my insurance plan vs. the palatial estate they're living in SoCal with access to any doctor they want...give me the second option every time.

Meghan and Harry are most likely going to be fine no matter what.  The average person that has to deal with these issues might not be.  

15 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I did not watch any of the interview, although I might have if I had the time and knew when it was coming on. I don't have regular TV so I never know when these things will be on - and I am totally Ok with that. Have no plans to change.

I will probably watch parts of it on Youtube as I have followed Meghan Markle some. I am a huge fan of Suits. Hated it when she left the show. If anyone has not seen that show, it's worth checking it out, unless you are an actual attorney. Then it will drive you crazy all the stuff they pull that would never fly in real life 🙂  But very clever writing and great actors. Highly entertaining. 

Lawyers love telling people that they're lawyerin'!  Ain't that right @PleaseBlitz?

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I did not watch any of the interview, although I might have if I had the time and knew when it was coming on. I don't have regular TV so I never know when these things will be on - and I am totally Ok with that. Have no plans to change.

I will probably watch parts of it on Youtube as I have followed Meghan Markle some. I am a huge fan of Suits. Hated it when she left the show. If anyone has not seen that show, it's worth checking it out, unless you are an actual attorney. Then it will drive you crazy all the stuff they pull that would never fly in real life 🙂  But very clever writing and great actors. Highly entertaining. 

Here's a synopsis for you.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I love that every post must start with "I don't give a **** about any of this BUT....." or "my wife made me watch it and so I guess I have thoughts."

It's okay people. 

I have no idea what’s going on with any of this and have no opinion but saw this and just wanted to let you know that I obviously do not care. 

And no. It’s not ok. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

I have no idea what’s going on with any of this and have no opinion but saw this and just wanted to let you know that I obviously do not care. 

And no. It’s not ok. 

You have a framed picture of Princess Diana on your mantle.  I know you do.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Xameil said:

Well now you're being silly...your name says Chachie not Charlie... if this was a Scott Baio hating thread you could feel targeted...

Now if your name was Karen....thats a whole different thread...

My real name is Charlie.  🙂

Also- Am I a jerk for not really ever being crazy about Meghan Markle? She always seemed to me like an attention grabber. 

Edited by Chachie

7 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's okay people.  It's arguably the biggest news story right now (sorry $1.9 billion stimulus bill) and the coverage is ubiquitous.  No shame in admitting that you are Royal-curious and it's okay to have opinions on a very public feud.  Who doesn't love a good feud?  Feuds are ****ing great.  

Hahahahahaha......no

I genuinely have zero ****s to give about The Firm, the only thing that catches my eye is when snark is in migration

You could stick 'em all on a cake for the Queen and set their hair on fire and someone would have to bring it to my attention

@Spaceman Spiff

I guess I care enough to respond, but the issue they had was Meaghan went to the "Royal HR Department" (didn't even know there was such a thing), said she needed help and their response was, "we get it, there's nothing we can do."  Harry basically said, "I see history repeating itself" (Princess Di) and they stepped into different roles.  I don't know if Oprah asked how she was doing now... 

Perception that came off to me is they did not want to remain captive to an institution that didn't support them.  It came off to me as either Charles or William allowing this to happen. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chachie said:

My real name is Charlie.  🙂

Also- Am I a jerk for not really ever being crazy about Meghan Markle? She always seemed to me like an attention grabber. 

Why would you be a jerk for that? 

She's an actress,.so there's a 99.5% chance she's an attention grabber...and by my account she was a B actress at best...so even more so in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Buckingham Palace banned ethnic minorities from office roles, papers reveal

The Queen’s courtiers banned “coloured immigrants or foreigners” from serving in clerical roles in the royal household until at least the late 1960s, according to newly discovered documents that will reignite the debate over the British royal family and race.

The documents also shed light on how Buckingham Palace negotiated controversial clauses – that remain in place to this day – exempting the Queen and her household from laws that prevent race and sex discrimination.

The papers were discovered at the National Archives as part of the Guardian’s ongoing investigation into the royal family’s use of an arcane parliamentary procedure, known as Queen’s consent, to secretly influence the content of British laws.

They reveal how in 1968, the Queen’s chief financial manager informed civil servants that “it was not, in fact, the practice to appoint coloured immigrants or foreigners” to clerical roles in the royal household, although they were permitted to work as domestic servants.

It is unclear when the practice ended. Buckingham Palace refused to answer questions about the ban and when it was revoked. It said its records showed people from ethnic minority backgrounds being employed in the 1990s. It added that before that decade, it did not keep records on the racial backgrounds of employees.

Click on the link for the full article

16 minutes ago, China said:

Buckingham Palace banned ethnic minorities from office roles, papers reveal

The Queen’s courtiers banned “coloured immigrants or foreigners” from serving in clerical roles in the royal household until at least the late 1960s, according to newly discovered documents that will reignite the debate over the British royal family and race.

The documents also shed light on how Buckingham Palace negotiated controversial clauses – that remain in place to this day – exempting the Queen and her household from laws that prevent race and sex discrimination.

The papers were discovered at the National Archives as part of the Guardian’s ongoing investigation into the royal family’s use of an arcane parliamentary procedure, known as Queen’s consent, to secretly influence the content of British laws.

They reveal how in 1968, the Queen’s chief financial manager informed civil servants that “it was not, in fact, the practice to appoint coloured immigrants or foreigners” to clerical roles in the royal household, although they were permitted to work as domestic servants.

It is unclear when the practice ended. Buckingham Palace refused to answer questions about the ban and when it was revoked. It said its records showed people from ethnic minority backgrounds being employed in the 1990s. It added that before that decade, it did not keep records on the racial backgrounds of employees.

I know a state that banned interracial marriage until the late 60's.  

• 3 weeks later...

Charles won't let Archie be a prince, even when he's King: Prince of Wales's plan not to include grandson among slimmed-down, lower cost frontline royals is revealed as row that ignited Oprah outburst

Prince Charles is to ensure that his two-year-old grandson Archie will never be a Prince, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

The heir to the throne has made it clear that Harry and Meghan's son will have no place among frontline Royals as he plans a slimmed-down Monarchy after he becomes King. 

The move has incensed the Sussexes and is thought to have prompted the series of bitter accusations the couple have levelled at Charles and the Royal Family from across the Atlantic.

A grandchild of the sovereign has long had the right to be a Prince, but Charles is determined to limit the number of key Royals, believing the public does not wish to pay for an ever-expanding Monarchy.

Charles has told the Sussexes that he will change key legal documents to ensure that Archie cannot get the title he would once have inherited by right, according to a source close to the couple.

The decision, which follows months of fraught discussion behind the scenes, has plunged relations between Harry and his relatives to a dangerous new low.

'Harry and Meghan were told Archie would never be a Prince, even when Charles became King,' confirmed the source.

• Sad 1