Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What famous dead person would have the best Twitter account if they were still alive?

Califan007 The Constipated

21 minutes ago, gbear said:

1. Best twitter - I think Machiavelli would have some great insights into our current culture and politics.

2 Most followers - I'm going old school with Nero appealing to all our basest desires.

I think Machiavelli is too hardcore for this era - he'd be banned pretty quickly (I'd love to see it though).

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Jesus: “I’m trying not to judge here but Jesus Christ, some of y’all are ****ing crazy.”

Jesus would initially have a huge following, but he'd get boycotted by the right like Nike and Keurig.  Patriots would be out in the back 40 making videos of themselves smashing their Jesus paraphernalia and burning their bibles while claiming that Jesus Christ is "not a real Christian."

Machiavelli, "If you read my work, you know you must kill the former corrupt leaders.  I will not say that about anyone now.  You know who they are."  - along the lines of his discourses on Liv. Note he wrote more than the Prince.  Discourse on Livy are about turning a corrupt monarchy into a functioning republic.  The result as Spaceman noted would be that he is banned from twitter.  Though he may apply just enough Trump like "not gonna say do this." to avoid the ban long enough to give us some great thought/entertainment.

Caligula (wrote Nero in a brain fart), "You guys spent years looking for evidence  of Trump scandals.  LOL,  I was far better at bedding others' wives. I really did kill people in public.  Further, I did not just get away with it. I was worshipped.  Trump is a neophyte."

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think Machiavelli is too hardcore for this era - he'd be banned pretty quickly (I'd love to see it though).

It's genuinely unfortunate how Machiavelli has been maligned by The Prince and the designation "Machiavellian". This is the guy who insisted republic was a better form of government than monarchy, that it was better to have an open contentious society than one in which dissent was oppressed, that there needed to be separate branches of government with a system of checks and balances in place to prevent tyranny, and that to protect a republic the citizens needed the right to bear arms. Our constitution is based on Machiavelli's concepts from Discourses on Livy, though probably filtered through the writings of Montesquieu.

Archived