Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Shot at 3 1st rounders next year with solid Wentz play.  Not a fan of that.

It sounds great in theory but they passed up on a potential game changing stud in Kyle Pitts. And the picks they're getting are from teams that should contend so they'll be pretty late.

Would you trade Chase Young for three future 1s? Stars win in this league.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Darryl Roberts could be a nice surprise signing. His Pro Day numbers were elite. 

He's entering Year 7 in the NFL, I doubt his Pro Day numbers mean much at this point. I'd focus on his actual NFL play

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

It sounds great in theory but they passed up on a potential game changing stud in Kyle Pitts. And the picks they're getting are from teams that should contend so they'll be pretty late.

Would you trade Chase Young for three future 1s? Stars win in this league.

Chase Young is gonna take this team to new heights next season....it's gonna be incredible. Sometimes we get so caught up in all of the fluff when we forget to realize that Chase Young is gonna explode next year and beyond.

• Like 5

I like the Daryl Roberts signing as a depth piece. This guy epitomizes versatility as he played inside and outside corner, free safety, and every phase of special teams. He’s got speed as well. I’m loving this focus on versatility and speed with most of our players. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

I like the Daryl Roberts signing as a depth piece. This guy epitomizes versatility as he played inside and outside corner, free safety, and every phase of special teams. He’s got speed as well. I’m loving this focus on versatility and speed with most of our players. 

thanks for pointing that out.  It is good to get a big picture view.  It seems to give us more versatility in the draft.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

He's entering Year 7 in the NFL, I doubt his Pro Day numbers mean much at this point. I'd focus on his actual NFL play

He hasn't had any speed deteriorating injuries and is in his prime.  I doubt he's lost any speed and has added maturing lean muscle as a Pro athlete.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, zskins said:

I would think CB > TE right now. 

Right now we have 2 or 3 starters at CB and some depth. At TE we have Thomas, who at this point last year was a complete unknown. 

TE>>>CB imo

Edited by Wyndorf25
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wyndorf25 said:

Right now we have 2 or 3 starters at CB and some depth. At TE we have Thomas, who at this point last year was a complete unknown. 

TE>>>CB imo

Completely agree with this...let's get a te to compliment Thomas please

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jsharrin55 said:

Shot at 3 1st rounders next year with solid Wentz play.  Not a fan of that.

Yeah that's my take as well.  I think he only needs to play 70% of the snaps. Eagles weren't going anywhere, and weren't going to get a QB at 6. So they now have potentially 3 #1's and the 12th pick in this draft.  Not happy about this. 

I'd be vey happy if Brate becomes available before the draft, or even Ertz. Picking up one of those guys would give us much more flexibility going into the draft. From my perspective, Zaven Collins, as an MLB with coverage skills, makes the best sense in round 1. He's a versatile, high-energy playmaker. He's a game changer.  In the second round, the value should be at OT.  Either Radunz or Eichenberg should be there, and there's an outside chance that someone like Leatherwood falls. In the third, I'm thinking the value will be at free safety, tight end, and cornerback. I'd love to nab Javon Holland. If we don't get a proven TE in free agency, I worry that we'll reach in the second round for Jordan or Long, as Freiermuth will probably be gone before we pick.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I'd be vey happy if Brate becomes available before the draft, or even Ertz. Picking up one of those guys would give us much more flexibility going into the draft. From my perspective, Zaven Collins, as an MLB with coverage skills, makes the best sense in round 1. He's a versatile, high-energy playmaker. He's a game changer.  In the second round, the value should be at OT.  Either Radunz or Eichenberg should be there, and there's an outside chance that someone like Leatherwood falls. In the third, I'm thinking the value will be at free safety, tight end, and cornerback. I'd love to nab Javon Holland. If we don't get a proven TE in free agency, I worry that we'll reach in the second round for Jordan or Long, as Freiermuth will probably be gone before we pick.

I am firmly in the Zaven Collins at 19 camp, this is their biggest need IMO.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah that's my take as well.  I think he only needs to play 70% of the snaps. Eagles weren't going anywhere, and weren't going to get a QB at 6. So they now have potentially 3 #1's and the 12th pick in this draft.  Not happy about this. 

Kyle Pitts and Ja'Mar Chase are special (especially Pitts).  I would have hated to see Pitts in the division twice a year.  With their crappy first round drafting record under Roseman, I don't fear them getting extra picks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Kyle Pitts and Ja'Mar Chase are special (especially Pitts).  I would have hated to see Pitts in the division twice a year.  With their crappy first round drafting record under Roseman, I don't fear them getting extra picks.

same here, however on balance Philly have done alright. They’ll get a premium talent at #12, they save a ton on the rookie contract they need to fund, and next year they should have 3 first..

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

same here, however on balance Philly have done alright. They’ll get a premium talent at #12, they save a ton on the rookie contract they need to fund, and next year they should have 3 first..

Disagree. I don’t think they are guaranteed a premium talent at 12. They may miss out on all of the offensive weapons by that pick. I’m excited they won’t get Pitts or Chase- still could get Waddle. Also, we avoided them getting their QB of the future. Roseman sucks, their offseason was a disaster and the draft looks like it won’t be much better. Rejoice in their failures and let it bring you much happiness.

• Haha 4

Hope Philly continues to fail.  Their fan base is dealing with an incompetent owner and a delusional General Manager.  Sound familiar?  Also during their Super Bowl

year they had Joe Douglas helping Howie Roseman.  Douglas is with the Jets now so suddenly Howie looks identical to Bruce Allen also known as the Prince of

Darkness by a local columnist.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I am firmly in the Zaven Collins at 19 camp, this is their biggest need IMO.  

Is zaven fast enough to handle mlb in 4-3 defense?  If so, absolute no brainer at 19.  Maybe he is an slb?  Only 40 time I can find is from high school at 4.8.  that might cut it in the aac, but nfl is a whole different world.  That's my only concern with ZC.