Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

18 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Sounds like Trumps Thursday news conference is no longer.

This is  bugging me. Please let's not dignify whatever he was planning by calling it a news conference.  A news conference generally includes the imparting of factual information and facing questions from a skeptical press.    

• Like 4

More than 1,000 US public figures aided Trump’s effort to overturn election

Insurrection Index identifies those who acted as accomplices by participating in 6 January attack or spreading Trump’s ‘big lie’

More than 1,000 Americans in positions of public trust acted as accomplices in Donald Trump’s attempt to overturn the 2020 election result, participating in the violent insurrection at the US Capitol on 6 January or spreading the “big lie” that the vote count had been rigged.

The startling figure underlines the extent to which Trump’s attempt to undermine the foundations of presidential legitimacy has metastasized across the US. Individuals who engaged in arguably the most serious attempt to subvert democracy since the civil war are now inveigling themselves into all levels of government, from Congress and state legislatures down to school boards and other local public bodies.

The finding that 1,011 individuals in the public realm played a role in election subversion around the 2020 presidential race comes from a new pro-democracy initiative that launched on Wednesday.

The Insurrection Index  seeks to identify all those who supported Trump in his bid to hold on to power despite losing the election, in the hope that they can be held accountable and prevented from inflicting further damage to the democratic infrastructure of the country.

All of the more than 1,000 people recorded on the index have been invested with the public’s trust, having been entrusted with official positions and funded with taxpayer dollars. Many are current or former government employees at federal, state or local levels.

Among them are 213 incumbents in elected office and 29 who are running as candidates for positions of power in upcoming elections. There are also 59 military veterans, 31 current or former law enforcement officials, and seven who sit on local school boards.

When the index goes live on Thursday, it will contain a total of 1,404 records of those who played a role in trying to overturn the 2020 election. In addition to the 1,011 individuals, it lists 393 organizations deemed to have played a part in subverting democracy.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, purbeast said:

This is painful to watch but also a must watch.

Thanks for posting. I have seen pretty much all of it in bits and pieces but it's value added to see it one piece. I can't say what I truly think at this point so I will just leave it at I hope they all get what they deserve. 

1 hour ago, GhostofSparta said:

Edit to jsut my response 

But how bad does it have to become for the Great Apathetic Middle to actually care? If there's a coup, but it's peaceful enough, will they stand up to it or will they just accept their new fate if it's less work? How many people, just 1 year on, actually still care about 1/6? They failed a coup, but there were minimal casualties and a few low level schmucks are being given some punishment. Nobody with any real power has faced and consequences, and they learned a few important lessons for next time.

And if it's "not that bad" for long enough, when The Middle does rise up, do they pick the side already in power (even if illegitimately) simply because staying the course will be less disruptive to their life than the alternative? I mean, look at Virginia. Am I supposed to believe that the parents that voted out the sitting governor simply because enough suburban moms wanted their kids to go back to school building during the day but also think teachers are brainwashing their white kids to hate themselves because their kids learn racism is a thing would give a **** about a coup attempt that barely affected THEIR lives?

Hence why I said I understand it's all probably more wishful thinking on my part. All the things that have happened already has not mobilized the silent majority they are either aligned or truly apathetic and nothing will change thier mind either way. But I can still hope. it's really all I've got. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 1/3/2022 at 11:30 AM, Dan T. said:

Lying sociopath Trump has characterized insurrectionist Ashli Babbit as some kind of martyr.  The reality is that she was an unhinged, violent QAnon follower, as this AP article shows.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The first time Celeste Norris laid eyes on Ashli Babbitt, the future insurrectionist had just rammed her vehicle three times with an SUV and was pounding on the window, challenging her to a fight.

Norris says the bad blood between them began in 2015, when Babbitt engaged in a monthslong extramarital affair with Norris’ longtime live-in boyfriend. When she learned of the relationship, Norris called Babbitt’s husband and told him she was cheating.

“She pulls up yelling and screaming,” Norris said in an exclusive interview with The Associated Press, recounting the July 29, 2016, road-rage incident in Prince Frederick, Maryland. “It took me a good 30 seconds to figure out who she was. … Just all sorts of expletives, telling me to get out of the car, that she was going to beat my ass.”

Terrified and confused, Norris dialed 911 and waited for law enforcement. Babbitt was later charged with numerous misdemeanors.

Article: Ashli Babbitt a martyr? Her past tells a more complex story | AP News

I don't say this lightly, I'm glad she is dead. Such a horrible person. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I thought this would generate a little bit of debate.  Does anyone else think the DOJ is under-performing and if so, how much blame do you put on Biden/the Dems?

I assume we're talking in the context of the Jan 6 investigations/prosecutions?  It would be very hard to judge before the investigation is largely over, or at least much further along, and more facts are made available to the public.  

• Like 3

It's hard to say the DOJ is under-performing because to me, in a more "normal" time we'd have already seen enough to get bi-partisan support for more action, but because of where things currently sit in this country the threshold for what needs to be brought to the public in order to sway people is so ridiculous it might never happen.  

6 hours ago, Larry said:

1)  I don't see where you get this notoin of "whoever loses, regardless of party".  

2)  And this isn't a "Trump thing", either.  

Republican voter suppression has been going on for decades.  They have entire systems set up, to try to make their cover story sound believable.  

And this coup wasn't just Trump, either.  

Remember Mitch McConnell, a month before the election, being asked whether he will support a peaceful transition of power, and him responding that he will support the election "once every legal vote is counted"?  

The Republican Party, the entire Party, knew in advance that they were going to lose, and that their plan was to simply throw out votes until the votes that were left, gave them the results.  And Mitch McConnel was actively working on that conspiracy, a month before the election.  

As was every single Republican advising his voters to vote in person on election day.  Show me a Republican giving that advice, and I'll show you a Republican who knew in advance that they were planning on trying to throw out votes, and they wanted the pile with the "in person on election day" label to be as tilted Republican as possible.  Someone who was aware of a plan to overthrow an election, approved of the plan, and was willing to do his part to help with it.  

Ok I agree with everything you said.  The only reason I said "regardless of party" is because I am attempting to leave the door open just a smidge for an uncertain future where Democrats could employ the same tactics.  I don't believe the current Democratic party would do it, but who knows say, 20, 30, etc etc years down the road.  The bigger point was once the precedent is set for it and the first person gets away with it, all bets are off going forward. 

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

I assume we're talking in the context of the Jan 6 investigations/prosecutions?  It would be very hard to judge before the investigation is largely over, or at least much further along, and more facts are made available to the public.  

Yes.  They have had a year and the biggest fish they have gotten so far is that stupid shamen guy.  Is there really no bigger fish that you have enough on yet?  Whether that be a government person or some militia nutter?  I expected to see a little more tangible progress by now.  And also any other corrupt stuff Trump and his minions were doing outside of that.  Don’t we have a clear cut case already of trump violating the emoluments clause?  All the corrupt **** him and his band of merry grifters were doing and we don’t have a single charge yet?

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

It's hard to say the DOJ is under-performing because to me, in a more "normal" time we'd have already seen enough to get bi-partisan support for more action, but because of where things currently sit in this country the threshold for what needs to be brought to the public in order to sway people is so ridiculous it might never happen.  

But this isn’t a “normal” time and so it shouldn’t be treated as such.  How about we remember that “justice is blind” and no person is above the law and act like it.  If this were any other person/ group of people, they would be treated this way?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yes.  They have had a year and the biggest fish they have gotten so far is that stupid shamen guy.  Is there really no bigger fish that you have enough on yet?  Whether that be a government person or some militia nutter?  I expected to see a little more tangible progress by now.  

Hard to know which way it is without knowing what facts the investigation is revealing (and the existence of other facts if the investigation is missing them).  I would hope we eventually find out enough to make the call on whether this investigation is doing a good job or not.  I just don't know that we're there yet.

And also any other corrupt stuff Trump and his minions were doing outside of that. Don’t we have a clear cut case already of trump violating the emoluments clause? All the corrupt **** him and his band of merry grifters were doing and we don’t have a single charge yet?

I don't think emolument clause violation is a criminal issue right?  With respect to criminally charging the former president and his administration, that's an exceptionally high burden.  You really need a no questions asked slam dunk case imo.

8 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yes.  They have had a year and the biggest fish they have gotten so far is that stupid shamen guy.  Is there really no bigger fish that you have enough on yet? 

The bigger the fish, the longer it will take. Plus, if Boebert were wearing a horned hat, body paint and no shirt while gleefully galloping around the Capitol and attacking the police with the rest of the insurrectionists, I imagine she would have been locked up by now, too lol...

To summarize the long-ass thread I posted a page or two ago:

"First off lets talk about the FBI. An awful lot of folks seem to want to tank on the FBI right now, why haven't they arrested this "Jan 6th insurectionists" "why aren't they investing this thing" "why haven't they indicted this idiot" etc etc ..... the FBI has a finite amount of resources there are only so many agents and so many analysts. The FBI has to thoroughly investigate crimes and suspects before making arrests. That means it takes time and man hours...[and] who says they are not ....seriously you don't know and you won't know unless the FBI screws up or they bring charges. When it comes to politicians and domestic organizations everything has to be perfect--every single i has to be dotted and t crossed.

Investigating political organizations has a whole list of additional rules and requirements and authorizations at high levels. This is a good thing because it keeps us from weaponizing the law against unpopular political viewpoints. What it also does is make any investigation with a political [aspect] astronomically harder and more time consuming to investigate. So expecting those investigations to be completed in less than a year after the event in question is absolutely moronic. Also, it's not the governments job to say who and who isn't under Investigation because:

A. If it's found out you didn't commit a crime its not OK for the government to destroy your reputation

B. Letting the subject of your Investigation know they are under investigation is normally a bad idea until you have all your evidence

Now its even more important to get it right when investigating politicians and in this case for what one side believes is a political position and the other views as treason ....these investigations if they are occurring have to be perfect and rock solid not just a preponderance of evidence but overwhelming indisputable evidence...and the investigation at multiple points has to be cleared by very high level DOJ officials..."

tl:dr - We need to be more realistic in our expectations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

The bigger the fish, the longer it will take. Plus, if Boebert were wearing a horned hat, body paint and no shirt while gleefully galloping around the Capitol and attacking the police with the rest of the insurrectionists, I imagine she would have been locked up by now, too lol...

To summarize the long-ass thread I posted a page or two ago:

"First off lets talk about the FBI. An awful lot of folks seem to want to tank on the FBI right now, why haven't they arrested this "Jan 6th insurectionists" "why aren't they investing this thing" "why haven't they indicted this idiot" etc etc ..... the FBI has a finite amount of resources there are only so many agents and so many analysts. The FBI has to thoroughly investigate crimes and suspects before making arrests. That means it takes time and man hours...[and] who says they are not ....seriously you don't know and you won't know unless the FBI screws up or they bring charges. When it comes to politicians and domestic organizations everything has to be perfect--every single i has to be dotted and t crossed.

Investigating political organizations has a whole list of additional rules and requirements and authorizations at high levels. This is a good thing because it keeps us from weaponizing the law against unpopular political viewpoints. What it also does is make any investigation with a political [aspect] astronomically harder and more time consuming to investigate. So expecting those investigations to be completed in less than a year after the event in question is absolutely moronic. Also, it's not the governments job to say who and who isn't under Investigation because:

A. If it's found out you didn't commit a crime its not OK for the government to destroy your reputation

B. Letting the subject of your Investigation know they are under investigation is normally a bad idea until you have all your evidence

Now its even more important to get it right when investigating politicians and in this case for what one side believes is a political position and the other views as treason ....these investigations if they are occurring have to be perfect and rock solid not just a preponderance of evidence but overwhelming indisputable evidence...and the investigation at multiple points has to be cleared by very high level DOJ officials..."

tl:dr - We need to be more realistic in our expectations.

100% this! I know we want immediate gratification/retribution but the reality is these things take time to do it right. They need to make sure they have all thier information fully understood and done all thier research. Like it or not this could literally take years, like 3 to 5. My worry is that if a republican wins in 2024, they will stop the investigation. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

100% this! I know we want immediate gratification/retribution but the reality is these things take time to do it right. They need to make sure they have all thier information fully understood and done all thier research. Like it or not this could literally take years, like 3 to 5. My worry is that if a republican wins in 2024, they will stop the investigation. 

May?  

We're already seeing public announcements of ending the thing, and launching revenge stunts.  Delivered in front of cheering mobs.  

15 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Dominos would have to start falling by Jan 2025, and I think they will.  The HJ6C is on a tighter timeline, but they have made a lot of progress to date.  They need to have their findings out by the end of the year, preferably by the fall.  They will be more public with their findings than DOJ.  We’ll see a lot of action this year about who did what when.

Look at Elizabeth Holmes.  She was charged with fraud in 2018 and was just convicted this week.  These things take time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

May?  

We're already seeing public announcements of ending the thing, and launching revenge stunts.  Delivered in front of cheering mobs.  

I do not have the word "may" anywhere in my comment. I said "if" the win but then that they "will" stop the investigation. Not sure what point you are making. 

12 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yes.  They have had a year and the biggest fish they have gotten so far is that stupid shamen guy.  Is there really no bigger fish that you have enough on yet?  Whether that be a government person or some militia nutter?  I expected to see a little more tangible progress by now.  And also any other corrupt stuff Trump and his minions were doing outside of that.  Don’t we have a clear cut case already of trump violating the emoluments clause?  All the corrupt **** him and his band of merry grifters were doing and we don’t have a single charge yet?

Based on what has happened in public, you are 100% right.  That said, working up the chain from the small fish to the big fish (1) takes time and (2) cannot be done out in public.  

I think 4+ years of Trump's circus has really affected people's perception of how important business should get done.  Trump did most things in order to get attention.  Whether it was good or bad, he knew he'd get the attention he so craves.  So most of the terrible **** he did was done right in public or was soon leaked by others.  That's not how professionals do their ****.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Dominos would have to start falling by Jan 2025, and I think they will.  The HJ6C is on a tighter timeline, but they have made a lot of progress to date.  They need to have their findings out by the end of the year, preferably by the fall.  They will be more public with their findings than DOJ.  We’ll see a lot of action this year about who did what when.

This is what I would expect also. But there is a lot unravel. They will want to make sure they are as airtight as possible. Just want them to be too far into it so it can't be stopped by a republican president coming in - especially since so far the dems have not given anyone a good reason to vote for them again outside we all hate trump. Not all Bidens fault, in fact most of it is not his fault. But he will get blamed by the voting public. 

15 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Look at Elizabeth Holmes.  She was charged with fraud in 2018 and was just convicted this week.  These things take time.

Isn't that exactly what I said? 🙂