Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

I think it’s cute so many people are still clinging to this thing. 

i mean don’t get me wrong - for those of us who live in reality there’s some value in having an official record of who did what. But even that will be incomplete. And while it’ll shed some light on some people/actions we either didn’t know about or had no specifics, it’s not going to tell us anything (generally) that we don’t already know. 

And sure. Some pawns will get in trouble. And maybe the oathkeepers will actually sustain damage that serious hurts or destroys the organization. 

but republicans have made it clear they don’t care, or worse encourage such a thing. That’s voters and politicians alike. It’s hard for me to find someone who identifies as a Republican that actually cares about this. They’ve all been brainwashed into thinking it’s not a big deal, or blaming someone else (Biden and the media seem to be the two favorite targets.) Many of them actually believe the election was stolen. Republicans, as in people not politicians, have made it crystal clear they are anti-democracy, pro-fascism, and have no respect for elections. They support and champion attacking the voting rights of minorities for the sole reason that they tend to vote Democrat. And they think that’s OK and Great 

the people likely to pull a pocket constitution out of their pockets, have no respect for the constitution. These are the same people that will lecture you about supporting our troops, put their stupid little yellow ribbon on their vehicle, but support a guy that makes fun of dead soldiers and only likes the ones that “don’t get caught” or wounded or die. 

they are awful people. Genuinely awful people. 

and the gop has made it clear that so long as they possess any ability to thwart investigating what happened that day - they will

and all signs point to the Dems losing 22. And it’s hard to have any faith that they’ll win in 24 

this is never going anywhere. The Dems don’t have the balls to play the game the republicans are playing, and the republicans outright don’t care about destroying our country. 

they are the worst projectionists I’ve ever seen in my life. Everything they complaint about others doing - they’re the ones actually doing it. 

And screaming about how liberals and democrats are destroying the country is no exception 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

this is never going anywhere. The Dems don’t have the balls to play the game the republicans are playing, and the republicans outright don’t care about destroying our country. 

they are the worst projectionists I’ve ever seen in my life. Everything they complaint about others doing - they’re the ones actually doing it. 

And screaming about how liberals and democrats are destroying the country is no exception 

Yep, yep, and yep.

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Thank you, Joe Biden, for that forceful, direct speech.  

I agree. He laid it all out in simple to understand language. Very Presidential. So unlike TFG. I'm still reeling from the riot last year. I don't think I'll ever recover from that horror.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Wot?

Just ignoring a lot of the incredible amounts of irony here.  

And admiring the notion that we had an armed mob storm the US Capitol, beating a police officer to death on their way in, for the specific purpose of attempting to overturn an election, because their side didn't win.  As part of a conspiracy which had been going on for months.  A conspiracy which Lindsey Graham was aware of, worked to promote, and is continuing to do so.  

And claim that someone else is "politicizing" it.  

And here I thought Lindsey didn't have any balls.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I don't think "seminal" is supposed to be a reference to the product of masturbation.  

Fun fact: One time Bobby Bowden wanted to compete with University of Florida and Gatorade so he created a sports drink called Bobby Bowden’s Seminole Fluid…

Wildly unpopular.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Dominos would have to start falling by Jan 2025, and I think they will.  The HJ6C is on a tighter timeline, but they have made a lot of progress to date.  They need to have their findings out by the end of the year, preferably by the fall.  They will be more public with their findings than DOJ.  We’ll see a lot of action this year about who did what when.

Look at Elizabeth Holmes.  She was charged with fraud in 2018 and was just convicted this week.  These things take time.

Exactly.  And we haven’t even seen any charges yet.  I’m not suggesting that every single thing ever should be nailed down by now.  But there should be some stuff they have that can start with.  Get some charges filed for stuff you know you can make and if you file more charges down the road, fine.  But you need to show some more significant progress.

5 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Based on what has happened in public, you are 100% right.  That said, working up the chain from the small fish to the big fish (1) takes time and (2) cannot be done out in public.  

I think 4+ years of Trump's circus has really affected people's perception of how important business should get done.  Trump did most things in order to get attention.  Whether it was good or bad, he knew he'd get the attention he so craves.  So most of the terrible **** he did was done right in public or was soon leaked by others.  That's not how professionals do their ****.  

But the fact that he did so much right out in the open should make it easy to start charging him with stuff.  Hell, you can use his own interviews and statements to convict him of some lower level issues.  Or at least get that ball rolling.

I think @tshilemade some good points above.  I will certainly be following the Dems progress when it comes time to vote in 22 and 24.  If significant progress isn’t made by then, it will be hard for them to get my vote.  The number #1 job of government is to protect its citizens and that includes holding those accountable who broke our laws.  The Left isn’t giving me a warm and fuzzy that they have what it takes.

Mike Pence’s team helping Jan. 6 committee

People in and around former Vice President Mike Pence's office have been particularly cooperative as the Jan. 6 select committee focuses on what former President Trump was doing during the more than three hours the Capitol was under attack, sources familiar with the testimony tell Axios.

Why it matters: At the one-year mark of the insurrection, the committee is piecing together a definitive timeline of how Trump resisted pleas from his own advisers, allies, family members and lawmakers to halt the violence down Pennsylvania Avenue.

The committee is ramping up its closed-door work with the goal of holding public hearings as early as this spring.

Some Pence-world witnesses have testified without a subpoena, according to one source with direct knowledge of the closed-door hearings.

Both Pence's former chief of staff Marc Short, and former press secretary Alyssa Farah, who later served as White House communications director, are among those cooperating with the committee.

Keith Kellogg also has given a deposition.

One source familiar with their involvement said Short, who was subpoenaed by the committee, would not have cooperated without the approval of Pence.

What we're hearing: Some of the most helpful information has come from second- and third-tier administration staff who were not directly involved but were at the White House on Jan. 6 and had access to top administration officials, sources tell Axios.

They’ve been integral to helping piece together exactly what happened that day, one committee aide said.

Many of those officials met solely with the committee's Republican members, Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), two sources with direct knowledge said.
Some also have testified together with their former colleagues.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Accused Capitol Rioter Edward Jacob Lang Blasts Trump and Begs For His Help in Jailhouse Call

On the eve of the first anniversary of the Jan. 6 riot, an accused rioter pleaded for Donald Trump’s aid in a call from a jailhouse phone in Washington, D.C.

Edward Jacob Lang, a 25-year-old from upstate New York charged with assaulting a police officer with a bat, made his last-ditch, Trump-focused cry for help during a Wednesday evening interview with far-right personality Stew Peters.

“I am so disappointed in Trump for canceling his January 6th press conference,” Lang said during the call-in interview, where he noted that he was on the brink of crying as he urged Trump to step up and fight for the defendants, like himself, who have been charged for their roles in the riot nearly one year ago.

“It just shows how far we have fallen,” he continued, “where is our rally tomorrow?” He added that “there should be a hundred thousand people in D.C. tomorrow at the very minimum…I am so disappointed with Trump and the American people at large that just do not get behind the January 6 political prisoners.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

Here's what I think. I think we'll see some criminal arrests prior to the open committee hearings, that will explain the facts of why these people are arrested. I look for the hearings to start after the NCAA tournament because so many people will watch that and they don't want any interference.

This gives DOJ time to finish up the cases of the rioters. The big guys are going to drag out their cases but it's going to remain in front of us until the elections and beyond. Administration officials, representatives/senators, and anyone else will be in this group will be hoist on their own petard.. Also, the supremes (not going to capitalize unless they stop their partisan bull****) by time of the hearings will have ruled against trump and his minions regarding "executive privilege" and the Archives will have turned over everything DOJ wants. The committee already has the "John Dean" information that we are waiting to hear about.

All of this reminds me of the Watergate hearings. I was working in the Washington National Airport North Terminal parking lot and had permission to bring my portable BW TV into my booth. I watched the hearings every day, stayed glued to the TV. Fascinating. I can't wait to watch these hearings. The North Terminal was where the big terminal is now, and the parking lot was located above and across the street from the terminal.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Here's what I think. I think we'll see some criminal arrests prior to the open committee hearings, that will explain the facts of why these people are arrested. I look for the hearings to start after the NCAA tournament because so many people will watch that and they don't want any interference.

It really bugs me that something as important to our national security as this, should be stage managed for the purpose of generating TV ratings.  

Not saying that it won't be.  Just that it bugs me.  

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

This gives DOJ time to finish up the cases of the rioters. The big guys are going to drag out their cases but it's going to remain in front of us until the elections and beyond. Administration officials, representatives/senators, and anyone else will be in this group will be hoist on their own petard.. Also, the supremes (not going to capitalize unless they stop their partisan bull****) by time of the hearings will have ruled against trump and his minions regarding "executive privilege" and the Archives will have turned over everything DOJ wants. The committee already has the "John Dean" information that we are waiting to hear about.

You're also assuming that the Trump White House actually kept records, and that they haven't been falsified. 

Me, I'm expecting a stack of paper, with Sharpie all over it.  

I don't understand what charges you all want the big organizers charged with.  Typically political speech is protected.  Elected officials have huge leeway in what they can say. 

I can't recall whether the protest was ever declared an unlawful gathering or assembly.  

Everything that happened up to breaching the Capitol barricades and assaulting police (in general, meaning there may have been unlawful action taken by individuals prior to the breach) was a legal, political protest.  Including burning effegies and raising gallows.  "Fight like hell, they are stealing our country right before our eyes" is political speech.  "March to the Capitol..." is political speech.  It wasn't a "Stop the Certification" rally.

This will get lots of disagreement... 

• Confused 1