Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Roger Stone Levels Major Accusation Against Steve Bannon, Suggests He ‘Gave The Order’ To Breach US Capitol On Jan 6

Longtime Republican operative Roger Stone pleaded the Fifth earlier this week in front of the House select committee investigating the Capitol riot, but Sunday morning he tossed Steve Bannon under the bus.

Stone, who has long been at odds with Bannon over the latter “testify[ing] falsely” against him during his criminal trial, took to the far-right messaging platform Telegram to suggest Bannon was behind the call to “breach” the Capitol building on Jan 6. “It is highly likely that [Steve] Bannon really gave the order to breach the capital [sic] and maneuvered patriots into dangerous positions,” he wrote. “A neophyte Steve Bannon was willing to try crazy things like this to curry favor with Trump who had a [sic] no interest in Bannon’s bullsh*t.”

On Saturday evening, appearing on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ InfoWars program, Stone advised Jones, who is currently cooperating with the House committee, not to take the committee’s inquires seriously. Stone added the advice doled out by him was not an effort to “obstruct justice,” but rather “friend to friend” legal advice.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Why Trump appears deeply unnerved as Capitol attack investigation closes in

Donald Trump is increasingly agitated by the House select committee investigating the Capitol attack, according to sources familiar with the matter, and appears anxious he might be implicated in the sprawling inquiry into the insurrection even as he protests his innocence.

The former president in recent weeks has complained more about the investigation, demanding why his former White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, shared so much material about 6 January with the select committee, and why dozens of other aides have also cooperated.

Trump has also been perturbed by aides invoking the Fifth Amendment in depositions - it makes them look weak and complicit in a crime, he has told associates - and considers them foolish for not following the lead of his former strategist Steve Bannon in simply ignoring the subpoenas.

[video is my insert]

When Trump sees new developments in the Capitol attack investigation on television, he has started swearing about the negative coverage and bemoaned that the House minority leader, Kevin McCarthy, was too incompetent to put Republicans on the committee to defend him.

The former president’s anger largely mirrors the kind of expletives he once directed at the Russia inquiry and the special counsel investigation when he occupied the White House. But the rapidly accelerating investigation into whether Trump and top aides unlawfully conspired to stop the certification of Joe Biden’s victory at the 6 January joint session appears to be unnerving him deeply.

The portrait that emerges from interviews with multiple sources close to Trump, including current and former aides, suggest a former president unmoored and backed into a corner by the rapid escalation in intensity of the committee’s investigation.

I hope he has a good supply of diapers.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

We remain in Bizarre Land.  Most every one of us thought Trump's political future was over on January 7th.  But his supporters are, well I do not have a word.  My best friend is one. He claims he read the entire transcript and didn't see anywhere where Trump incited this riot. He also believe Nancy Pelosi is behind this to make Trump look bad.  They have collectively lost their minds and I just don't know what to think.

I saw 2 are headed for trial. Is there any doubt a jury will have one of these cult members on it and thus preventing convictions? This could be a very dangerous first trial, it could convince others who have been charged to not plead guilty and roll the dice with a jury.  

4 hours ago, China said:

Roger Stone Levels Major Accusation Against Steve Bannon, Suggests He ‘Gave The Order’ To Breach US Capitol On Jan 6

Longtime Republican operative Roger Stone pleaded the Fifth earlier this week in front of the House select committee investigating the Capitol riot, but Sunday morning he tossed Steve Bannon under the bus.

Stone, who has long been at odds with Bannon over the latter “testify[ing] falsely” against him during his criminal trial, took to the far-right messaging platform Telegram to suggest Bannon was behind the call to “breach” the Capitol building on Jan 6. “It is highly likely that [Steve] Bannon really gave the order to breach the capital [sic] and maneuvered patriots into dangerous positions,” he wrote. “A neophyte Steve Bannon was willing to try crazy things like this to curry favor with Trump who had a [sic] no interest in Bannon’s bullsh*t.”

On Saturday evening, appearing on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ InfoWars program, Stone advised Jones, who is currently cooperating with the House committee, not to take the committee’s inquires seriously. Stone added the advice doled out by him was not an effort to “obstruct justice,” but rather “friend to friend” legal advice.

Weird.  I was told it was antifa that stormed the Capitol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chachie said:

(McConnell)

Wait 3 days. He'll flop again.

Does make you wonder what exactly he knows that made it politically expedient to say something like that in the first place though. He only does stuff like this if it can possibly benefit him. The only way I see that being the case is if he is trying to get out ahead of something. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Does make you wonder what exactly he knows that made it politically expedient to say something like that in the first place though. He only does stuff like this if it can possibly benefit him. The only way I see that being the case is if he is trying to get out ahead of something. 

He never liked Trump, Trump was just useful to him when he was president. The moron was just a puppet who did what he was told and when he went off the beaten path, it was usually something minor or a stupid comment. Now Trump has no actual power, he doesn't bring in the votes, he never actually did. Also, you add the fact that Trump is trying to overthrow McConnell...one of them has to go...

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

He never liked Trump, Trump was just useful to him when he was president. The moron was just a puppet who did what he was told and when he went off the beaten path, it was usually something minor or a stupid comment. Now Trump has no actual power, he doesn't bring in the votes, he never actually did. Also, you add the fact that Trump is trying to overthrow McConnell...one of them has to go...

I mean I feel you but that’s been the case for atleast a few months. Why now is my thing. I don’t think with Mitch I’m reading too much into it but who knows with these snakes. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I mean I feel you but that’s been the case for atleast a few months. Why now is my thing. I don’t think with Mitch I’m reading too much into it but who knows with these snakes. 

Mitch did condemn Trump for Jan 6th, but he also did absolutely nothing about it. He's playing both sides of the fence, I guess he feels that one side is finally sinking.

• Like 2

Oh, I think a lot of the folks on Bull**** Mountain want to have things both ways. 

"Yeah, every time we find somebody who's willing to say that the Covid vaccine will turn your pancreas into plastic, I give him 20 minutes of camera time, during which I pretend that his crap is the utter truth. But look. Right here, I advised people to get vaccinated. Once."

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

43 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

So, Donnyboy plans to have a press conference on 1/6.

The real press should avoid it completely.

I'd rather see a bunch of tourists come over and peacefully burn the venue entirely to the ground.

~Bang

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Judge denies Michael Flynn's request for restraining order against Jan. 6 committee

A federal judge in Florida on Wednesday denied Michael Flynn’s request for a temporary restraining order to block subpoenas from the House Jan. 6 committee compelling him to testify and to produce scores of documents.

The judge took action the day after Flynn filed his motion in federal court in Florida, where he lives.

U.S. District Judge Mary Scriven of Tampa said Flynn’s motion, which was filed Tuesday, failed for two reasons, including a lack of urgency.

She noted that the committee postponed Flynn’s deposition to “a date to be determined.” And while the committee's subpoena said he should produce the documents it requested by Nov. 23, “there is no evidence in the record as to the date by which the select committee now expects Flynn to comply with its document requests,” she said.

For those and other reasons, Scriven said, “there is no basis to conclude that Flynn will face immediate and irreparable harm,” which is what he would have to demonstrate to get a restraining order.

Judge Will Admit Confession Of Trump Fanatic Who Electroshocked Cop At Capitol Attack

The tearful confession of a Donald Trump supporter who drove a stun gun into the neck of a D.C. police officer seized by the mob on Jan. 6 will be admissible at trial, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled that the confession of Danny Rodriguez, a Trump supporter from California who electroshocked D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Mike Fanone during the brutal attack on the U.S. Capitol, would be allowed to be introduced as evidence.

Judge Jackson said that Rodriguez did not unambiguously and unequivocally assert his right to cut off questioning during his interview when FBI special agents asked him about assaulting Fanone. No reasonable viewer of the video would believe that Rodriguez’s assertion of his rights was unambiguous and unequivocal, and officers weren’t required to cut off questioning, she ruled.

“He knew his rights,” Jackson said, noting that Rodriguez was both read his Miranda rights and signed a form acknowledging he knew his rights. “He understood when he waived his rights exactly what the subject of the questioning was going to be.”

“The government has met its burden to prove that the interview was a voluntary one,” she said.

Edited by China
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Trump suggests FBI staged Jan. 6 false flag attack: 'It seems like that'

Former President Donald Trump this week suggested that the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol could have been a false flag attack staged by the FBI and other groups.

In a podcast released on Wednesday, Trump spoke to host Candace Owens about his suspicions of federal involvement in the attack. The former president pointed to the fact that the person who allegedly planted a pipe bomb at the DNC headquarters on Jan. 5 had not been caught.

"We're seeing the Tucker Carlson, Joe Rogan start to show that the FBI had some involvement in Jan. 6," Owens told Trump.

"I've been watching it very closely," Trump remarked. "And a lot of people are being treated very unfairly. This should never happen in our country or any country, what happened to them."

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 5

1 hour ago, China said:

"I've been watching it very closely," Trump remarked. "And a lot of people are being treated very unfairly. This should never happen in our country or any country, what happened to them."

Says something that Trump can say "this should never happen in our country", and he's not talking about the attempt to stage a coup, which he personally was working actively on, for over a month.  

• Like 2

Trump kept having to retape his video telling fans to leave the Capitol riot, which may explain his 187-minute silence during the attack, January 6 committee chair says

President Donald Trump had to reshoot a video during the Capitol riot because "he wouldn't say the right thing" to tell his supporters to go home, the chair of the January 6 committee said.

"It appears that he tried to do a taping several times, but he wouldn't say the right thing," Rep. Bennie Thompson told The Washington Post, citing witness interviews and media reports.

Publicly, Trump remained silent for 187 minutes after his supporters breached the Capitol on January 6. The committee investigating the riot is trying to understand why the former president took so long to speak as it weighs recommending criminal charges against him.

Thompson's comments follow increasing speculation that Trump's behavior during the riot could mean he illegally obstructed Congress.

Rep. Liz Cheney, the vice chair of the January 6 committee, previously suggested that the committee could find Trump guilty of criminal obstruction.

In the video he eventually put out on January 6, Trump told his supporters at the Capitol to go home and called the mob "very special people."

Thompson told The Post that the fact that Trump had to keep retaping the video was of interest to the committee because it could help explain why he took so long to speak.

The reasons for Trump's delayed response were significant because they could help the committee decide whether to make a criminal referral against Trump, Thompson said.

Follow the money...

January 6 committee ramps up efforts to uncover funding behind Capitol riot

A new court challenge is revealing how the January 6 House select committee is demanding bank records, providing a new window into its effort to understand what propelled the violence that day.

The previously undisclosed records request, revealed in a new lawsuit, is the first confirmed subpoena issued by the committee for information directly from a bank. The committee, which has moved aggressively in recent weeks, is using its subpoena power to follow the money surrounding the pro-Donald Trump rallies leading up to the insurrection.

Trump spokesperson Taylor Budowich disclosed in a lawsuit Friday night that the committee had demanded financial records, prompting him to sue in an effort to prevent the committee from obtaining them. The bank, JP Morgan, was planning to oblige, giving him a deadline of 5 p.m. ET on Christmas Eve to show he legally blocked the subpoena, according to a letter the bank sent to him that he included in the lawsuit.

The lawsuit also discloses that Budowich has already supplied the committee with more than 1,700 pages of documents and provided about four hours of testimony.

It's not presently known if the bank has already turned over the financial records, since Budowich's lawsuit against the committee and the bank attempting to block the subpoena is already later than the deadline. The federal court in DC has not responded to his filings as of Saturday morning and his lawsuit may be a Hail Mary pass unlikely to succeed because of both the timing and federal appeals court rulings in the past.

"December 24th is federal holiday. The federal courts are closed. The Capitol is closed. National banks are closed," Budowich's lawyers wrote to the court on Friday, asking for emergency help. "Mr. Budowich's counsel immediately reached out to JPMorgan to seek an extension. JPMorgan refused. Mr. Budowich reached out to counsel for the Select Committee for an extension. The Select Committee refused."

• Like 4

Trump Having ‘Meltdown’ Over Direction of Capitol Riot Committee: Journalist

Appearing on MSNBC on Christmas Day, Guardian journalist Hugo Lowell explained that the tension is thick at Mar-a-Lago as former president Donald Trump is starting to realize he has been backed into a corner by revelations coming out of the House committee investigating the Jan 6th insurrection.

Speaking with host Lindsey Reiser, the political analyst stated that his sources claim Trump is having a “meltdown” and is furious with former aides who have been providing the bipartisan committee with information about White House doings related to the “Stop the Steal” rally that preceded the riot.

“You have some new reporting about what’s unfolding in Trumpworld as this investigation ramps up,” host Reiser prompted. “You write the former president appears deeply unnerved. You wrote, quote: ‘Donald Trump is increasingly agitated by the House select committee investigating the capitol attack according to sources familiar with the matter and appears anxious he might be implicated in the sprawling inquiry into the insurrection even as he protests his innocence. What more do you know about what’s going through his head right now?”

“So the portrait that emerges talking to current and former aides to Donald Trump is that he feels backed into a corner,” Lowell began. “He’s furious with Mark Meadows, his former White House chief of staff for cooperating with the committee and turning over documents that were pretty damning and pretty incriminating. He was especially upset when the committee started reading out these text messages that Meadows received and sent to lawmakers and received from Fox News hosts about the Capitol attack and he exclaimed at the TV and swore at the coverage.”

“You know, this is one of the things that upsets him most: negative coverage,” he continued. “He’s also upset with aides for invoking Fifth Amendment protections before they go before the committee because he thinks it makes them look weak, and he’s worried this could all bounce back at him and make it look as though he is involved in a crime. He’s really furious and having a bit of a meltdown at the direction of the investigation.”

Click on the link for the video

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1