Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Lying sociopath Trump has characterized insurrectionist Ashli Babbit as some kind of martyr.  The reality is that she was an unhinged, violent QAnon follower, as this AP article shows.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The first time Celeste Norris laid eyes on Ashli Babbitt, the future insurrectionist had just rammed her vehicle three times with an SUV and was pounding on the window, challenging her to a fight.

Norris says the bad blood between them began in 2015, when Babbitt engaged in a monthslong extramarital affair with Norris’ longtime live-in boyfriend. When she learned of the relationship, Norris called Babbitt’s husband and told him she was cheating.

“She pulls up yelling and screaming,” Norris said in an exclusive interview with The Associated Press, recounting the July 29, 2016, road-rage incident in Prince Frederick, Maryland. “It took me a good 30 seconds to figure out who she was. … Just all sorts of expletives, telling me to get out of the car, that she was going to beat my ass.”

Terrified and confused, Norris dialed 911 and waited for law enforcement. Babbitt was later charged with numerous misdemeanors.

Article: Ashli Babbitt a martyr? Her past tells a more complex story | AP News

• Like 2

Ex-National Archivist Thinks Trump Is Hiding His Records to Avoid ‘Prison Time’

With the National Archives now at the center of a historic fight over records between the current and former president, the two people who once ran that agency are both condemning Trump administration officials for trying to keep documents secret.

Don W. Wilson and John W. Carlin each had years-long stints as the official archivist of the United States, overseeing the massive effort of sorting through presidential records that tell the country’s story.

And they’re dismayed at former President Donald Trump’s aggressive attempts to keep his White House records locked away from the special congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection—and his potential role in it.

“Given how frantic they are... there are things in those records that are going to make real trouble. I’m talking about prison time,” Carlin mused to The Daily Beast. “It reinforces the fact that they know they’re in real trouble if these things are released—particularly if they’re released soon.”

An outgoing president’s White House records go straight to the National Archives and Records Administration, where they could be kept away from the public for up to 12 years. However, President Joe Biden waived that presidential privilege when he allowed the bipartisan House Jan. 6 Committee to request some documents about Trump’s final weeks in office. Trump sued to block that, and his odd claims of “residual” executive privilege got knocked down by a federal judge who noted “presidents are not kings” and an appellate panel that found his argument has “no basis.” This epic fight over records is now reaching the Supreme Court.

Those records could show whether the Trump White House plotted to use the Department of Justice to intimidate states to reject 2020 election results, schemed with rogue Republicans in Congress to halt certification of Electoral College votes that reflected Biden’s win at the polls, and interacted with rally organizers who brought the crowds that violently attacked the U.S. Capitol building.

That fight is also playing out in the case of former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, who has already turned over more than 9,000 pages of material to the congressional committee but keeps holding back some communications. Meadows drew rebuke when he asserted that some of his text messages and emails were protected from disclosure because of “presidential privilege,” even though they were on his personal cellphone and two personal Gmail accounts.

Wilson, the other former national archivist, told The Daily Beast that keeping official documents on personal devices is a clear violation of the Presidential Records Act.

“Maybe he thought he was somehow protected. It would be like writing a letter as a government official, then saying, ‘I wrote that on paper I bought and paid for, not federal paper.’ Baloney!” he said. “If that were allowed, you could have crooks in your administration and say, ‘Make sure you do all this on your own stuff. Don’t use any government typewriters.’”

It’s been two weeks since the House of Representatives voted Meadows “in contempt of Congress” and recommended he be prosecuted by the Justice Department, although criminal charges haven’t yet been filed. His cellphone activity appears to be the center of this storm, as he was quietly turning over evidence until he discovered that the committee had subpoenaed Verizon for his old phone’s records—at which point he cried foul and sued the committee.

Click on the link for the full article

WATCH: Legal Analyst Says Jim Jordan Could End Up in Jail if He Doesn’t Talk to 1/6 Committee

The House 1/6 commission has spent the last few months attempting to talk to people within Donald Trump’s inner circle. They are now expanding their probe to lawmakers who are tightly aligned with Trump. And few are more aligned with the former president than Jim Jordan.

The panel has let the Ohio congressman know they want to talk to him as a courtesy. They will likely have to take more advanced measures to interview him. And according to Barbara McQuade, Jordan could end up in jail if he refuses their requests.

The former US Attorney told MSNBC, “I think at some point if he continues to fight, then the committee will demand that he come by issuing a subpoena. At that point, his options are to be held in contempt, which can include jail time if he is prosecuted for that crime, so the same path that we have seen for Steve Bannon. So I think it is going to be difficult for him to manage because, unlike Steve Bannon, he’s an elected official.”

Just issue the subpoena already, quit ****footing around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

She seems normal.

Like so many border-line psycho types, she was a deadly encounter just waiting to happen. 

34 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. I have a family member who can’t comprehend why she was shot. It’s unfathomable to me. 

I'm sure her family knows darn well and good why she got shot, but it's potentially profitable to claim ignorance and grift off her death. 

• Like 3

This Babbitt bimbo is a national treasure. There is so much human trash info in that article if you read between the lines. I wonder if the ex spouses of the Babbitts feel as if they dodged a bullet? I'm sure Celeste does, I wonder about Ashli's ex hubby, would love to get his take on it.

Also, how did she go from living in a house and working at a nuclear power plant to living in an apartment and cleaning pools for a living?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, China said:

WATCH: Legal Analyst Says Jim Jordan Could End Up in Jail if He Doesn’t Talk to 1/6 Committee

The House 1/6 commission has spent the last few months attempting to talk to people within Donald Trump’s inner circle. They are now expanding their probe to lawmakers who are tightly aligned with Trump. And few are more aligned with the former president than Jim Jordan.

The panel has let the Ohio congressman know they want to talk to him as a courtesy. They will likely have to take more advanced measures to interview him. And according to Barbara McQuade, Jordan could end up in jail if he refuses their requests.

The former US Attorney told MSNBC, “I think at some point if he continues to fight, then the committee will demand that he come by issuing a subpoena. At that point, his options are to be held in contempt, which can include jail time if he is prosecuted for that crime, so the same path that we have seen for Steve Bannon. So I think it is going to be difficult for him to manage because, unlike Steve Bannon, he’s an elected official.”

Just issue the subpoena already, quit ****footing around.

It moved a little.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. I have a family member who can’t comprehend why she was shot. It’s unfathomable to me. 

Yeah pretty much.

The right when a black man is killed by the police: "Well he should have followed police instructions! He'd stll be alive if he had done what he was told to do!"

The right when a white woman is killed by the police for literally ignoring instructions from police officers while trying to breach the US Capitol: "THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! SHE DID NOTHING WRONG! SHE'S A MARTYR!"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah pretty much.

The right when a black man is killed by the police: "Well he should have followed police instructions! He'd stll be alive if he had done what he was told to do!"

The right when a white woman is killed by the police for literally ignoring instructions from police officers while trying to breach the US Capitol: "THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! SHE DID NOTHING WRONG! SHE'S A MARTYR!"

It is kind of strange how the right has embraced her when they tell me that it was antifa disguised as trump supporters who invaded the Capitol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Traitors

From the interview at Rollingstone.com (my highlight):

Who were the leaders of this plan on the Hill? Cruz and Gosar? 
Navarro: I wasn’t really involved in that. Again, that was Steve’s job. My whole thing — all the way through Jan. 6 — I continued to work on my research, and that was that was a time-consuming process. … My role in the whole thing was basically to provide Congress, via my reports, the analytical material they needed to actually make the challenges. And the president himself had distributed Volume One of the report to every member of the House and Senate a week or so earlier.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/peter-navarro-interview-jan-6-electoral-college-1277938/

• Thumb down 1

Merrick Garland sent an email to all DOJ personnel yesterday inviting them to a Webcast tomorrow where he will

"...provide an update on the Department’s largest undertaking: to hold accountable those responsible for the attack on the Capitol one year ago this week. This effort has touched nearly every United States Attorney’s Office and FBI field office, and has been supported by thousands of professionals across the Department.

Attorney General Garland will also discuss the Department’s duty to uphold the Constitution and follow the facts and the law in all cases, and reaffirm our unwavering commitment to defend Americans and American democracy from violence and threats of violence."

5 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Whatever. So far Garland has pretty much shown himself to be completely feckless when it comes to anything like this. His update will probably include him telling us how he frowns pensively about the whole ordeal every day and sometimes even considers writing a letter about it with some mildly disapproving language.

I'm pretty convinced the guy spends lots of time hanging out with Susan Collins.

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Whatever. So far Garland has pretty much shown himself to be completely feckless when it comes to anything like this. His update will probably include him telling us how he frowns pensively about the whole ordeal every day and sometimes even considers writing a letter about it with some mildly disapproving language.

I'm pretty convinced the guy spends lots of time hanging out with Susan Collins.

Yup.  And while I get that the DOJ is supposedly “independent” of the executive branch, he was Biden’s pick so Biden has some responsibility for those failings.