Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

The tweet above led me to this thread. Good (lengthy) read that provides more detail on how & where the DOJ & Select Committee investigations are heading. 

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/01/05/im-just-there-to-open-the-envelopes-the-select-committee-and-doj-investigations-have-converged-at-mike-pen/

“I’M JUST THERE TO OPEN THE ENVELOPES:” THE SELECT COMMITTEE AND DOJ INVESTIGATIONS CONVERGE AT MIKE PENCE

You might not understand this from following just traditional news outlets, but over the course of a year, the news-friendly January 6 Select Committee and even the public parts of the locked-down DOJ investigation have met at a common pivot point in their investigation of January 6: on Trump’s efforts to pressure Mike Pence to violate the Constitution.

Trump did so, first, with personal pressure. Then he sent his mob.

The pressure on Pence is how Trump’s plotting in advance of January 6 affirmatively led  directly to — not just through inaction, but through action — specific steps taken by confessed mobsters to assault the Capitol.

Already in February of last year, both the House Impeachment Managers and I recognized the centrality of Trump’s treatment of his Vice President to his liability for the January 6 insurrection.

Trump had nothing to say in defense of his actions with regards to Mike Pence.

The House brief mentions Pence, by title and sometimes by name, 36 times. Those mentions include a description of how Pence was presiding over the counting of the electoral vote, how he fled when Trump’s mobsters flooded into the Capitol, how the attackers targeted him by name, how Secret Service barely kept him safe, how Trump’s own actions made Pence’s danger worse.

The House brief dedicates a section to how Pence refused to do what Trump explicitly asked him to do, to unilaterally discount certain electoral votes.

C. Vice President Pence Refuses to Overturn the Election Results

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Some of you know I've compiled over time a list of alternate names for Donald Trump.  I've posted this list before; it is quite lengthy.  

Stephen Colbert has made it a policy never to use TFG's name on his show, and asked his users for alternates names to use instead.  Here are some of those:

- Traitor Tot

- Mar-a-Lardo

- The Quarter Flounder

- Marginally Sentient Spray Tan

- Walker: Taxes Evader

- Scooby Coup

- Dolt 45

- Traffic Cone of Treason

- The Slob Father

- Voldormoron

- Girth Vader

- Butternut Berlusconi

- Vanity Manatee

- Y-M-C-A-Hole

- Dingus Con

- Sir Eats-a-Lot

- Fatty Kruger

- Clownigula

- Hair Farce One

- The Big Lie-bowski

- Oaf of Office

- Old Wack Donald

- Jabba the Gut

- Old Mount Flushmore

- Sulk Hogan

- Mayor McTreason

- SCROTUS

- Scrooge McSchmuck

- Jackass-o-Lantern

Use them as you see fit.

Edit: 

- Ronald Dump (thanks 86 Snyder)

- The moron who destroyed the free world.  (thanks skinsmarydu)

Edited by Dan T.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Some of you know I've compiled over time a list of alternate names for Donald Trump.  I've posted this list before; it is quite lengthy.  

Stephen Colbert has made it a policy never to use TFG's name on his show, and asked his users for alternates names to use instead.  Here are some of those:

Dolt 45 is too good not to use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

- Traitor Tot

- Mar-a-Lardo

- The Quarter Flounder

- Scooby Coup

- Dolt 45

- The Slob Father

- Voldormoron

- Girth Vader

- Butternut Berlusconi

- Vanity Manatee

- Y-M-C-A-Hole

- Dingus Con

- Sir Eats-a-Lot

- Fatty Kruger

- Clownigula

- Hair Farce One

- The Big Lie-bowski

- Oaf of Office

- Old Wack Donald

- Jabba the Gut

- Old Mount Flushmore

- Sulk Hogan

- Mayor McTreason

- SCROTUS

- Scrooge McSchmuck

- Jackass-o-Lantern

Use them as you see fit.

you forgot Ronald Dump.

55 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

- Traitor Tot

- Mar-a-Lardo

- The Quarter Flounder

- Scooby Coup

- Dolt 45

- The Slob Father

- Voldormoron

- Girth Vader

- Butternut Berlusconi

- Vanity Manatee

- Y-M-C-A-Hole

- Dingus Con

- Sir Eats-a-Lot

- Fatty Kruger

- Clownigula

- Hair Farce One

- The Big Lie-bowski

- Oaf of Office

- Old Wack Donald

- Jabba the Gut

- Old Mount Flushmore

- Sulk Hogan

- Mayor McTreason

- SCROTUS

- Scrooge McSchmuck

- Jackass-o-Lantern

Use them as you see fit.

Great list. My fav while he was in office was toddler in chief. Now it's simply dumbass. 

Edited by goskins10

19 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

you forgot Ronald Dump.

I'll add it. Thanks.

18 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

He's re-done the list so many times, and I love it. 

I also can only call trump what he is: the moron who destroyed the free world.  

I'll add that one too.  Thanks.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Thumb up 1

Pence's former press secretary.

Associated article...

While Short was hunkered down with Pence amid the melee that day, he was receiving emails from Donald Trump ally and right-wing attorney John Eastman, who authored so-called coup memos on how the then-president could overturn his 2020 election loss.

Eastman blamed Pence for the violence and told Short there was still time for Pence to hold up the pro forma electoral vote certification, according to Short’s intended op-ed piece.

“The ‘siege’ is because YOU and your boss did not do what was necessary,” Eastman reportedly messaged Short.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alyssa-farah-griffin-mike-pence-marc-short-capitol-riot_n_61d8e368e4b0c7d8b8b001d6

43 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Pence's former press secretary.

Associated article...

While Short was hunkered down with Pence amid the melee that day, he was receiving emails from Donald Trump ally and right-wing attorney John Eastman, who authored so-called coup memos on how the then-president could overturn his 2020 election loss.

Eastman blamed Pence for the violence and told Short there was still time for Pence to hold up the pro forma electoral vote certification, according to Short’s intended op-ed piece.

“The ‘siege’ is because YOU and your boss did not do what was necessary,” Eastman reportedly messaged Short.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alyssa-farah-griffin-mike-pence-marc-short-capitol-riot_n_61d8e368e4b0c7d8b8b001d6

"Just go along with the conspiracy that I'm a part of, and I'll call off the mob that I have no control over!"  

• Like 1

Ummm...he have any family members to intervene? Dude is over the edge. Oh, but I like it...

'This has been a spiritual battle': Mike Lindell tears into 'evil' Fox News at Christian revival event

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell suggested over the weekend that Fox News has been infected by "evil" because the network will not back up his false claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump.

While appearing at a Christian revival event in Florida on Saturday, Lindell lashed out at churches and media outlets that he accused of not speaking the "truth" about the 2020 election.

Lindell told the crowd that people had encouraged him to "just get over" the election because Republicans would take back Congress in 2022.

"This is not about politics," he said. "This is about our country, our freedoms and God. This has been a spiritual battle."

https://www.rawstory.com/mike-lindel-fox-news-evil/

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Ummm...he have any family members to intervene? Dude is over the edge. Oh, but I like it...

'This has been a spiritual battle': Mike Lindell tears into 'evil' Fox News at Christian revival event

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell suggested over the weekend that Fox News has been infected by "evil" because the network will not back up his false claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump.

While appearing at a Christian revival event in Florida on Saturday, Lindell lashed out at churches and media outlets that he accused of not speaking the "truth" about the 2020 election.

Lindell told the crowd that people had encouraged him to "just get over" the election because Republicans would take back Congress in 2022.

"This is not about politics," he said. "This is about our country, our freedoms and God. This has been a spiritual battle."

https://www.rawstory.com/mike-lindel-fox-news-evil/

Keep talkin' asshole.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2