Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

I also notice the leader of the Oath Keepers never stepped foot in the capital, or if he did they don’t know about it and have no evidence if it at this point. Which is a cute way to announce that they are going after people involved in planning as well as people who commuted the violence themselves. 

Which is a huge step forward. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I also notice the leader of the Oath Keepers never stepped foot in the capital, or if he did they don’t know about it and have no evidence if it at this point. Which is a cute way to announce that they are going after people involved in planning as well as people who commuted the violence themselves. 

Which is a huge step forward. 

Wait but I was told there was no planning!?!?!

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Former acting Defense secretary meets with Jan. 6 committee

Christopher Miller, who was acting secretary of defense during the Jan. 6 riot, met Friday with members of the House committee investigating the origins of the attack on the Capitol, a source familiar with the panel's activities told NBC News.

The meeting came as the committee ramps up its probe, issuing more subpoenas and requesting several GOP lawmakers voluntarily testify.

It was not immediately clear what Miller discussed with the panel. The former Pentagon chief has provided conflicting testimony to Congress in the past, at one time saying that former President Donald Trump had "encouraged the protesters" with his remarks on Jan. 6 and then later saying he believed an "organized conspiracy" played a role in the Capitol attack.

In December, the panel met with Kash Patel, who was Miller's chief of staff at the Pentagon and a former top aide to Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio.

Click on the link for the full article

7 hours ago, Llevron said:

This **** is gonna be wild cause the dumb ****s will believe it. The same dumb ****s be basically begged to get it. 

Ah, they're trying the reverse psychology trick on these idiots now. "They don't want you to get the vaccine or the covid treatments because you're white"....now they'll want to demand the vaccine like a Karen. Brilliant strategy :ols: 

• Haha 5

The insurrection is only the tip of the iceberg

Behind the insurrection of 6 January was a coup plot that was months in the making, and which involved a dastardly cast of characters

fter thousands of posts appeared for weeks on a website called TheDonald.win detailing plans for the 6 January attack on the Capitol, including how to form a “wall of death” to force police to abandon defensive positions; after Gen Mark Milley, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, warned his senior aides of “a Reichstag moment” like the 1933 burning of the German parliament that Hitler used to seize dictatorial power; after insurrectionists smashed several ground floor windows of the Capitol, the only ones out of 658 they somehow knew were not reinforced, that allowed rioters to pour inside; after marching to the chamber of the House chanting “Hang Mike Pence!”; after pounding on the locked doors; and as the Capitol police led members in a run through the tunnels under the Capitol for safe passage to the Longworth Building, Congressman Jody Hice, a Republican of Georgia, raced by a Democratic colleague, who told me Hice was screaming into his phone: “You screwed it up, y’all screwed it all up!” (Hice has denied the incident occurred, but the Democratic congressman stands by his account.)

Hice, an evangelical minister, professor of preaching at a Southern Baptist seminary, and radio talkshow host before his election in 2014, has notably declared that freedom of religion should not apply to Muslims and that the Sandy Hook massacre of 26 people at an elementary school by a deranged shooter occurred because liberals were “kicking God out of the public square”.

He was tasked to present a challenge to Georgia’s electors before the joint congressional session convened on 6 January to certify the electoral college victory of Joe Biden. Hice performed his assignment as part of the far-rightwing Republican faction, the Freedom Caucus, directed by Congressman Jim Jordan, of Ohio, who was in constant touch that day with Mark Meadows, the Trump chief of staff and former Freedom Caucus member, and a watchful Trump himself. Just as the violent insurrection launched, and paramilitary groups spearheaded medieval style hand-to-hand combat against the police and burst into the Capitol, Hice posted on Instagram a photo of himself headed into the House chamber, with the caption, “This is our 1776 moment.”

To whom was Hice shouting that “y’all” had screwed it all up? It seems likely it was Meadows. And what had they screwed up? They had screwed up the coup that led to the insurrection.

The insurrection was not the coup itself. It was staged as the coup was failing. The insurrection and the coup were distinct, but the insurrection emerged from the coup. It has been a common conceptual error to consider the insurrection alone to be the coup. The coup, however, was an elaborate plot developed over months to claim that the votes in the key swing states were fraudulent, for Mike Pence as the presiding officer of the joint session of the Congress to declare on that basis that the certification of the presidential election on the constitutionally mandated date could not be done, to force that day to pass into a twilight zone of irresolution, for House Republicans to hold the floor brandishing the endless claims of fraud, to move the decision to the safe harbor of the House of Representatives, voting by states, with a majority of 26 controlled by the Republican party, to deny both the popular vote and the electoral college vote to retain Trump in office, for protests to breakout at federal buildings, and for the president to invoke the Insurrection Act to impose law and order.

Click on the link for more

• Sad 1

Yeah everyone sane knew they were planning it beginning in the summer. They did it all in the open and trusted (correctly) that their base wouldn't care and/or would be fodder for gaslighting. It was all over the press no later than August.

• Like 1

I assume it's a case that they all were working on multiple contingencies.  But yeah.  The whole party was working on it.  Well before the election.  

I keep remembering Trump's "You get rid of the ballots there won't be a transition."  

Or when Skippy was asked if he's abide with the results of the election, and said who would do so when all legal ballots were counted.  

And I'll point out.  Every single Republican who encouraged his voters to vote in person on election day?  He did so for the specific reason that he was planning on waiting till after the election was over, and then carefully cherry picking which piles of ballots they were going to throw out.  And for the plan to work, they needed for different piles of ballots to have different vote ratios.  They needed a pile of ballots labeled "Mail in - (mostly Dem)" and "In person (mostly R)"  

Their plan, from before the election was even held, was to lose the election, and then start throwing out ballots.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Larry said:

I assume it's a case that they all were working on multiple contingencies.  But yeah.  The whole party was working on it.  Well before the election.  

I keep remembering Trump's "You get rid of the ballots there won't be a transition."  

Or when Skippy was asked if he's abide with the results of the election, and said who would do so when all legal ballots were counted.  

And I'll point out.  Every single Republican who encouraged his voters to vote in person on election day?  He did so for the specific reason that he was planning on waiting till after the election was over, and then carefully cherry picking which piles of ballots they were going to throw out.  And for the plan to work, they needed for different piles of ballots to have different vote ratios.  They needed a pile of ballots labeled "Mail in - (mostly Dem)" and "In person (mostly R)"  

Their plan, from before the election was even held, was to lose the election, and then start throwing out ballots.  

You should see what the Texas Republican legislature did to further restrict mail in voting. I had a mail in ballot but I turned it in when I early voted in person. You have to apply every year for mail in (that's unchanged), I'm not applying this year, I'll vote in person, and probably early voting, although it's not usually busy on election day at my polling place. The ****ers.

• Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, China said:

The insurrection is only the tip of the iceberg

Behind the insurrection of 6 January was a coup plot that was months in the making, and which involved a dastardly cast of characters

This is an incredibly chilling article that everybody needs to read. The end hasn't played out yet, but JFC this is some seriously bad ****. 

I lived through the Richard Nixon Watergate stuff in real time. What TFG attempted to do should rattle the bones of all Americans. ****....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

This is an incredibly chilling article that everybody needs to read. The end hasn't played out yet, but JFC this is some seriously bad ****. 

I lived through the Richard Nixon Watergate stuff in real time. What TFG attempted to do should rattle the bones of all Americans. ****....

Agreed.  This article lays it all out and ties together all the coup-ish snippets we've heard into a chilling narrative of the plot to overturn an election.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Not really. Those supporting the gop and Trump have no problem with it.

Just wait until 24. Why do you think Trump and the gop are working to have key Allies in positions thus year. Governor, Secretary of State, local election boards.

Even if the Dem won in a landslide; they will throw out all Dems votes.

20 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Agreed.  This article lays it all out and ties together all the coup-ish snippets we've heard into a chilling narrative of the plot to overturn an election.  

What really caught my eye was this:

...after insurrectionists smashed several ground floor windows of the Capitol, the only ones out of 658 they somehow knew were not reinforced, that allowed rioters to pour inside;

And in other news, wife of SCOTUS judge spouting bull**** after she helped fund bus rides to the insurrection:

Ginnie Thomas has been doing a lot of ethically questionable things behind the scenes at least as far as back as the phony Tea Party stuff.

I think the most frightening part of all in this coup attempt is when you go through the pages of planning and strategizing, the one thing missing from every single step is actually ever producing any actual fraud.  This is all based on a group of GOPers just making false claims and then setting everything into motion based off those fake claims, and furthermore it seems like the way their plan would have gone, any actual fraud would have been inconsequential anyway and all of this would just be predicated on saying "the election is being overturned because........we say so" and they came dangerously close to pulling it off.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Ginnie Thomas has been doing a lot of ethically questionable things behind the scenes at least as far as back as the phony Tea Party stuff.

I think the most frightening part of all in this coup attempt is when you go through the pages of planning and strategizing, the one thing missing from every single step is actually ever producing any actual fraud.  This is all based on a group of GOPers just making false claims and then setting everything into motion based off those fake claims, and furthermore it seems like the way their plan would have gone, any actual fraud would have been inconsequential anyway and all of this would just be predicated on saying "the election is being overturned because........we say so" and they came dangerously close to pulling it off.

Well the one major **** up they made was putting someone in charge of coordinating multiple states to send their own electors. The fact that they have the same document,signed, claiming to be something they are not (actual fraud) has them ****ed beyond repair. That’s the conspiracy and the step towards the goal or whatever the legal jargon is. They have it in writing and signed it lol. No way out of that. Now we just need the DOJ to pressure these pastey ass clowns and get them to flip, which shouldn’t be that hard. 

We will see. But I’m more hopeful in the legal case against them then ever because of this. 

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Well the one major **** up they made was putting someone in charge of coordinating multiple states to send their own electors. The fact that they have the same document,signed, claiming to be something they are not (actual fraud) has them ****ed beyond repair. That’s the conspiracy and the step towards the goal or whatever the legal jargon is. They have it in writing and signed it lol. No way out of that. Now we just need the DOJ to pressure these pastey ass clowns and get them to flip, which shouldn’t be that hard. 

We will see. But I’m more hopeful in the legal case against them then ever because of this. 

Yeah and there was that one AZ rep who admitted he was supplied it and given it but when the reporter attempted to ask who he talked to/who instructed him to sign that letter it was like all of the sudden the guy realized he had already said too much and started trying to escape and evade the reporters repeated attempts to find out who it was that he was on the phone with.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1