Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

10 hours ago, Bang said:

So pardon me for a moment's insensitivity,,  but are we SURE these suicides are actual suicides and not Putin-esque "accidentally swallowed some polonium" suicides?

~Bang

Before you go any further, I need you to lay out exactly what you're accusing........ANTIFA of doing!  ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

I'm annoyed these guys are only getting six months (essentially time served) in the judgments so far.  I was really hoping to see the hammer come down.

I am too but hopefully six months is enough for them to lose their jobs, get their home foreclosed on, cars repo'd and all of the other stuff that comes along with being put away for a few months.  

On 8/5/2021 at 10:31 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

Hopefully the judge picks the right hole for him to rot in for awhile. 

I have a feeling he’s about to learn a whole lot about hole pickin’

On 8/5/2021 at 10:42 AM, Forehead said:

I'm annoyed these guys are only getting six months (essentially time served) in the judgments so far.  I was really hoping to see the hammer come down.

are they being convicted of felonies at least?

On 8/5/2021 at 10:42 AM, Forehead said:

Has anyone involved in violence against police officers been sentenced yet? I think we’ll be seeing a bit more harsh use of the penal code for those special asshats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Has anyone involved in violence against police officers been sentenced yet? I think we’ll be seeing a bit more harsh use of the penal code for those special asshats.

I haven't seen any sentences but a couple have admitted assault under plea deals.

Under their deals the recommended sentencing is 3 1/2 to 4 3/4 years

https://nypost.com/2021/08/06/two-capitol-rioters-admit-to-attacking-officers-in-plea-deals/

• Like 3

House committee turns key Trump DOJ official questioning over to Jan. 6 panel, sidelining GOP

The House Oversight Committee canceled scheduled questioning of two key Justice Department officials about former President Donald Trump’s final days in office, sending them to the Democratic-controlled select committee to investigate the Jan. 6 Capitol attack.

Former acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen and former acting Deputy Attorney Richard Donoghue, two key figures in investigations into Trump’s handling of election challenges and encouraging Justice Department investigations, had been scheduled for interviews with the House Oversight Committee, a Republican aide confirmed to the Washington Examiner. But those were postponed on Thursday and will be taken over by the Jan. 6 panel.

Republicans on the Oversight Committee are reeling. Had Rosen and Donoghue been questioned by the committee, Republican staff or members could have questioned them or provided a sort of check on Democratic questioning. The Jan. 6 committee has two Republicans, both of whom were selected by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, on staff.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump should be charged with treason but Joe Biden doesn’t have the balls to do it. It’s clear as more comes out that Trump needs to be charged but the Biden administration doesn’t want to because they feel it would be a distraction.

Pretty sure that’s on Congress…

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted. In criminal law, the person accused of a crime must first be indicted by a grand jury be- fore being tried by a petit jury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump should be charged with treason but Joe Biden doesn’t have the balls to do it. It’s clear as more comes out that Trump needs to be charged but the Biden administration doesn’t want to because they feel it would be a distraction.

While I agree Trump is a treasonous ****, I think his actions leading up to and including January 6th are more accurately described by the term sedition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1