Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

just a side note from the hearing: i recognize the basic decency and beyond average competency of adam schiff but i've always had a strong distaste for his political communications and 'persona' in front of cameras and think he's one of those democratic leaders that's an anchor for his party's ship

if he was a lot more 'media hesitant' and restrained in his shtick it would be much better for the dems, imo 

the trump years really exacerbated  what i see as his shortcomings

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

The select committee will document this shameful chapter in the history of the United States.   The traitors, deniers, liars, enablers, and insurrectionists will be remembered for their actions. Many will be held accountable criminally.  All their names will be forever stained. Including Donald J. Trump. Regardless of whether the right wing ****ers try to turn away from the shame of it all.

Would you be interested in purchasing some oceanfront property in Kansas?

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

just a side note from the hearing: i recognize the basic decency and beyond average competency of adam schiff but i've always had a strong distaste for his political communications and 'persona' in front of cameras and think he's one of those democratic leaders that's an anchor for his party's ship

if he was a lot more 'media hesitant' and restrained in his shtick it would be much better for the dems, imo 

the trump years really exacerbated  what i see as his shortcomings

Adam Schiff has been precisely on point about the nature of Donald J. Trump and the danger he poses as the object of worship of a delusional, ignorant cult. He's been raising the alarm in an articulate, reasoned manner, and I greatly appreciate his efforts in doing so .  So needless to say I view your opinion on this as a big swing and miss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Borgold said:

Hearing this testimony and knowing what they did afterwards, more than a hundred GOP Congressmen should resign today. 

They won’t. They will continue being traitors and work to see division, but they ought to leave. 

Including mine. John Carter, TX-31. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Adam Schiff has been precisely on point about the nature of Donald J. Trump and the danger he poses as the object of worship of a delusional, ignorant cult. He's been raising the alarm in an articulate, reasoned manner, and I greatly appreciate his efforts in doing so .  So needless to say I view your opinion on this as a big swing and miss.

you should have seen me at the plate---no danger of ever being drafted :806:

i did word my post in a certain way that you may not have fully internalized before reacting, but i'm just saying 'may not have'

i don't disagree with that much of your take on him, i just was focusing on his effectiveness as on-camera party spokesman outside of appealing to diehard partisans, and  i have no criticism of someone thinking highly favorable about him as a legislator or usually (not always) when leading a committee, as i think my post indicates, or even disagreeing with every aspect of what i said :) 

i also think 'needless to say' covers a lot of  posting here before we even get to the meme-life, but people usually go ahead and 'say' right after noting that, and i also think 'borgold' liking your reaction supports my take :silly:

(kidding borgy)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

This is what I don’t understand.  Why can’t Capitol Police do their own investigation?  Why do they have to be dependent on Congress — some of whom were the perpetrators?

How far are they going to get if they want to investigate Mo Brooks? or Gossar? Or McCarthy?

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

How far are they going to get if they want to investigate Mo Brooks? or Gossar? Or McCarthy?

I don’t know.  That’s why I ask.  If a sitting member of Congress murders a staffer on Capitol grounds, how much can the Capitol Police investigate?  Does the investigation go to House members?

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t know.  That’s why I ask.  If a sitting member of Congress murders a staffer on Capitol grounds, how much can the Capitol Police investigate?  Does the investigation go to House members?

I don't think they have the authority to do that. 

30 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If they can't, what about the FBI conducting the investigation into Congressmembers and staff? We knew that TFG's FBI wouldn't, but there's a different administration in charge now. It's not political to investigate, it's political not to investigate.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:i also think 'borgold' liking your reaction supports my take :silly:

(kidding borgy)

I like Schiff. I can see your point from a “marketing” POV, but he seems smart, knowledgeable, and his predictions and assessments have been unerringly accurate. 

Others might be savvier in their presentation or know how to work the crowd better, but polish is not what I most care about. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Borgold said:

I like Schiff. I can see your point from a “marketing” POV, but he seems smart, knowledgeable, and his predictions and assessments have been unerringly accurate. 

Others might be savvier in their presentation or know how to work the crowd better, but polish is not what I most care about. 

i pretty much agree in general, and again, as i indicated originally, i'm glad to have him as a decent competent intelligent legislator in congress any day of the week---that was noted in the post right before i made my specific critique :) 

and to me it isn't about 'marketing' but assessing and critiquing the level of tactical effectiveness of any given 'front man' on either side of what i see as a 'soft war' (for now) in the nation politically and "culturally" 

to that, my deal was his on camera stuff sometimes came off poorly and turned off a fair number of (active) dems i know, and my intake of other media commentary on him suggest it's hardly a rare complaint even as he's much (deservedly) respected overall....while i too give him good reviews (again, as i said in my first post) in actual committee leadership , inc. when televised

one major gripe i'd hear about and agreed with was how it seemed during every break from committee during the mueller hearings he had to run right to the camera and do partisan info-dumps (twinning with eric swalwell) , many of which were regarded as lame and often counter-productive to the cause even by many dems...and so on

that area was my focus...staying with that example, it's  the idea that they both may have helped undercut the impact with both their frequency and presentation (communications style) of those many many appearances.....it's a take that many dems i know share even as they love the guy

i didn't regard it as a 'hot take' as worded, and i didn't think i'd be typing this much about it afterwards :806:

i

• Like 4