Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Any more detail?  Why 8/15?

Homeland Security warns of 'increasing but modest' threat of violence from Trump conspiracy

The Department of Homeland Security said Friday they have observed "an increasing but modest level of activity online" by people who are calling for violence in response to baseless claims of 2020 election fraud and related to the conspiracy theory that former President Donald Trump will be reinstated.

"Some conspiracy theories associated with reinstating former President Trump have included calls for violence if desired outcomes are not realized," according to a DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis bulletin obtained by ABC News.

There is no evidence that shows there was widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election.

"Over the last few days what has occurred is there's been much more public visibility, meaning the discussions and these theories have migrated away from being contained within the conspiracy and extremist online communities, to where they're being the topic of discussion on web forums, or more public web forums, and even within the sort of media ecosystem," a senior DHS official explained.

DHS says in the bulletin they do not have specific evidence there is a plot imminent.

"As public visibility of the narratives increases, we are concerned about more calls to violence. Reporting indicates that the timing for these activities may occur during August 2021, although we lack information on specific plots or planned actions," the bulletin sent to state and local partners reads.

Click on the link for the full article

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Any more detail?  Why 8/15?

I'm not sure I want to give the tweets extra bandwidth, but basically it's because of the Mike (My Pillow) Lyndell conspiracy theory that Trump is going to be reinstalled as President on August 13th. The theory is that if that doesn't happen all these idiots will rise up and take their country back.

'They're going to sing like canaries': Flood of DOJ employees expected to expose Trump after Rosen revelations

Taking part in a CNN panel discussing former acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen's weekend testimony about Donald Trump's efforts to subvert the 2020 presidential election results, conservative commentator Amanda Carpenter predicts the floodgates will now open with other DOJ staffers coming forward.

On Saturday, Rosen testified before a bipartisan collection of lawmakers and their aides for seven hours, with Sen. Dick Durbin (R-IL) saying the former DOJ official handed lawmakers a wealth of information about the former president's maneuverings after losing the 2020 election to Joe Biden.

Discussing what will happen next, Carpenter -- a former top aide to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)-- said Rosen's testimony, and the fact that the DOJ has stated it will not block any employees from coming forward, means a lot more details about Trump's backroom dealings are in the offing.

• Like 2

Judge asks why Capitol rioters are paying just $1.5 million for attack, while taxpayers will pay more than $500 million

A federal judge on Monday questioned why U.S. prosecutors are asking Capitol riot defendants to pay only $1.5 million in restitution while American taxpayers are paying more than $500 million to cover the costs of the Jan. 6 attack by a pro-Trump mob.

Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell of Washington challenged the toughness of the Justice Department’s stance in a plea hearing for a Colorado Springs man who admitted to one of four nonviolent misdemeanor counts of picketing in the U.S. Capitol.

Howell has already asked in another defendant’s plea hearing whether no-prison misdemeanor plea deals offered by the government are too lenient for individuals involved in “terrorizing members of Congress,” asking pointedly if the government had “any concern about deterrence?”

On Monday, she pressed the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington why it was seeking to require only $2,000 in each felony case and $500 in each misdemeanor case.

“I’m accustomed to the government being fairly aggressive in terms of fraud when there have been damages that accrue from a criminal act for the restitution amount,” said Howell, a former Brooklyn federal prosecutor and Senate Judiciary Committee general counsel.

“Where we have Congress acting, appropriating all this money due directly to the events of January 6, I have found the damage amount of less than $1.5 million – when all of us American taxpayers are about to foot the bill for close to half a billion dollars – a little bit surprising,” she said.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, China said:

Judge asks why Capitol rioters are paying just $1.5 million for attack, while taxpayers will pay more than $500 million

A federal judge on Monday questioned why U.S. prosecutors are asking Capitol riot defendants to pay only $1.5 million in restitution while American taxpayers are paying more than $500 million to cover the costs of the Jan. 6 attack by a pro-Trump mob.

Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell of Washington challenged the toughness of the Justice Department’s stance in a plea hearing for a Colorado Springs man who admitted to one of four nonviolent misdemeanor counts of picketing in the U.S. Capitol.

Howell has already asked in another defendant’s plea hearing whether no-prison misdemeanor plea deals offered by the government are too lenient for individuals involved in “terrorizing members of Congress,” asking pointedly if the government had “any concern about deterrence?”

On Monday, she pressed the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington why it was seeking to require only $2,000 in each felony case and $500 in each misdemeanor case.

“I’m accustomed to the government being fairly aggressive in terms of fraud when there have been damages that accrue from a criminal act for the restitution amount,” said Howell, a former Brooklyn federal prosecutor and Senate Judiciary Committee general counsel.

“Where we have Congress acting, appropriating all this money due directly to the events of January 6, I have found the damage amount of less than $1.5 million – when all of us American taxpayers are about to foot the bill for close to half a billion dollars – a little bit surprising,” she said.

Make those ****ers pay! Make it hurt so they never even think of overthrowing the government again. Plus they should lose their voting rights for at least five years for the misdemeanors and ten years for the felonies. I'm so sick of handling these insurrectionists with kid gloves while the rest of us law abiding citizens obey the laws.

• Like 2

DC Tunnel History Site Flagged Suspicious Activity Before Capitol Insurrection

The founder and administrator of an obscure website about underground infrastructure in Washington, D.C., saw a sudden and suspicious spike in traffic in the days before the U.S. Capitol insurrection.

The sharp increase in web visitors alarmed the site’s operator so much that he contacted the FBI. Elliot Carter, who operates the site, worried people were covertly seeking escape routes or entry points to the Capitol ahead of the electoral college count in January.

That concern about web traffic to WashingtonTunnels.com eventually made its way to leadership of U.S. Capitol Police, the News4 I-Team has learned. 

“These people were suddenly obsessed with the Capitol building,” Carter said.   

Carter, a longtime D.C. professional who once interned on Capitol Hill, created and curates the website detailing the history of underground tunnels and pipe systems in the nation’s capitol.  The site, which has a narrow but devoted following among D.C.-area history and city planning buffs, includes maps and details of the underground transit rail system, along with water and  sewer systems.  

Carter has also included maps of the unique and heavily traveled underground tunnels on the Hill, which connect the Capitol building to House and Senate Office Buildings, the Library of Congress and the Capitol Visitor Center. 

Traffic on the website is usually limited to visitors and referrals from people in D.C. and in nearby communities in Virginia and Maryland, Carter said. But starting on New Year’s Day, a spike in traffic included visitors nationwide. He said a deeper review of analytics from his site revealed many of the clicks were coming from hyperlinks shared on anonymous message boards, sites and forums named after militias or firearms, or using Donald Trump’s name. 

• Sad 1

My hairdresser has been blowing up my phone tonight, don't I need something? A welfare checkup??😄

She was there on January 6, swears she saw nothing crazy, and didn't participate. 

I believe she wouldn't get involved, (honestly just so her hair wouldn't get messed up), but I know for a fact that she saw everything.  She absolutely loved Trump. 

I'm rocking a ponytail for the time being. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Was that the yokel who didn't know the difference between the White House and the Capitol? IIRC he was touching the Capitol and saying "I'm right here at the White House! I'm touching the White House!"

Yep.  And they released him as a result, because they figured  he was too stupid to be involved in any conspiracy.

• Haha 2