Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well I quantified my outrage above and also explained my “outrage” so I’m not sure what else to say to explain it further.

Yeah you have already made your argument so no need to repeat yourself. It made no sense then and it makes no sense now but whatever. 

As has been explained to you this was his condition for release, he promised the judge he had changed his ways. If you can't see how viewing the exact same content that radicalized him to attack our Capitol, and why the judge ordered him to stop this behavior, is a violation of his probation there's not more that needs to be said.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thumb down 1

26 minutes ago, Larry said:

I think that 

1)  They absolutely have the right to hold their protest.  

2)  And the capital police absolutely have the right to have riot gear nearby.  Maybe even up to and including claymores.  

And there will be a more seamless process to have the NG ready.

Please, please, please! I beg you maga morons to please try this again!. I hope the NG has to sleep on hard concrete for a week before, I want these guys pissed off that they have to deal with these idiots. I want the Capital Police to get a rematch against these guys, don't hold back this time. Hell, maybe I'll go this time. I wouldn't mind whomping on an insurrectionist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

On 8/20/2021 at 4:18 PM, China said:

Exclusive: FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated - sources

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.

"Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases," said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. "Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages."

Click on the link for the full article

Lee Corso:  Not so fast, my friend.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/09/04/politics/mccarthy-trump-select-committee-justice-department/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

‘Keep your head on a swivel’: FBI analyst circulated a prescient warning of Jan. 6 violence

An FBI intelligence analyst warned days after the 2020 election that Stop the Steal rallies — one of which metastasized into the ransacking of the Capitol — could turn violent.

The emailed warning from an analyst at the FBI’s school for bomb technicians circulated through the Bureau and to some of its state and local partners on Nov. 9, 2020, just days after the major TV networks called the election for now-President Joe Biden. Its subject line was simple: “Far-Right Chatter re Election Results.”

“As Joe Biden is declared the victor in the 2020 Presidential Campaign, chatter from the far-right indicates the belief the election was stolen from President Trump,” the FBI analyst wrote, then urging recipients to “keep your head on a swivel.”

The FBI analyst's message, which has not been previously published and was obtained by the watchdog group Property of the People, indicates that federal law enforcement officials saw ample signs before Jan. 6 that right-wing efforts to overturn the election results could result in violence. FBI Director Christopher Wray has testified before Congress that the Bureau tracked the threat from domestic extremists in the months before the attack on the Capitol, and the email gives new detail on what the FBI was watching. 

Citing the findings of SITE Intelligence Group, which describes itself as “the world’s leading non-governmental counterterrorism organization” focused on online extremist activity, the analyst wrote: “Militia groups are espousing increasingly violent rhetoric, expressing a new level of escalation by declaring, ‘The fight is now’.”

“On a popular militia forum, users called to execute Biden, Democrats, tech company employees, journalists, and other ‘rats’,” the FBI analyst went on. “QAnon and Neo-Nazi groups are using the election results to issue additional calls for action aligned with their specific ideologies.”

Then came a line that proved prescient.

“Nationwide rallies: Waves of ‘#StopTheSteal’ and similar hash-tag events are being organized across the country as various voter fraud theories gain momentum among Trump supporters,” the analyst’s email continued. “As these materialize, counter-protests and violence will likely ensue.”

Click on the link for the full story

The right-wing is once again purposely misreading and mis-reporting the "no coordination" report from the FBI.  The FBI is not saying that there was no coordination period, just that there was not a massive plan between everyone there, but that still leaves open that individual groups were coordinating with their "posse" to go and "stop the steal." And plenty of people who wouldn't have otherwise broke into the capital, got caught up in the frenzy and participated. 

• Like 1

Another Jan. 6 Defendant Wants to Represent Himself, Despite Acknowledging ‘Fool for a Client’ Adage

A man who wore a fake orange beard to the U.S. Capitol and told a news outlet that he had “no regrets” told a federal judge on Tuesday that he wants to represent himself at a future trial over his participation in the Jan. 6 siege.

Brandon Fellows, who is charged in a five-count indictment, made the request during a planned 9-minute monologue where he inveighed against the “fake news” media and called himself a “maverick.”

“I first would like to apologize for my hair and appearance,” the Schenectady, N.Y. resident began his monologue by saying. “The jail does not allow us to get haircuts.”

At multiple times during his speech, Fellows acknowledged the popular adage: “A man who represents himself has a fool for a client.”

But Fellows, who claimed he wants to tell the “still-unspoken truth” of Jan. 6, pressed forward with his request.

“I am nowhere near as big as a fool as Joe Biden,” he told the judge.

A little less than a week after the siege, Fellows appeared defiant in an interview with Bloomberg titled “‘No Regrets’: A Capitol Rioter Tells His Story From Inside.”

“I have no regrets…I didn’t hurt anyone, I didn’t break anything,” he said in an article published Jan. 12. “I did trespass though, I guess.”

Prosecutors charged Fellows three days later, and an FBI agent extensively quoted from that interview in an affidavit supporting his criminal complaint, including a portion of the article recounting Fellows entering Sen. Jeffrey Merkley’s (D-Ore.) office.

“This one is going to get me incriminated,” Fellows said about footage of his feet on the senator’s table.

• Haha 1

Capitol riot defense attorney returns to court after disappearing for long hospital stay

John Pierce, the defense attorney who represents nearly 20 Capitol riot defendants but disappeared from court last month when he fell ill, resurfaced on Wednesday.

Pierce filed a letter to several judges explaining that he was in a Los Angeles-area hospital for 12 days. At his doctor's recommendation, he won't be returning to court until September 13, he said.

Pierce didn't disclose whether his hospitalization was because of Covid-19. But an associate of his previously said he was sick with the virus, and the Justice Department had alerted judges last week he appeared to be out with Covid-19.

The DOJ had raised the issue because it said his cases were at a standstill with an unqualified associate of his stepping in.

Some of his Capitol riot defendants have added other attorneys since Pierce's hospitalization.

One defendant who had hired Pierce, Deborah Lynn Lee, "expressed concerns regarding her legal representation" on September 2, according to court records, and was given a new court-appointed attorney.

GOP Candidate-Turned-MAGA Rioter Complains Ankle Monitor ‘Beeps Too Loudly’ Around Potential Clients

Former Florida GOP legislative candidate Gabriel Augustin Garcia, a member of the Proud Boys militia group who was arrested over his role in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, is asking a judge to modify the conditions of his release because his ankle monitor has been going off loudly in front of potential clients of his roofing company.

In a motion filed last week, Garcia’s attorneys argued that his ankle monitor is “unsafe” and a “work hazard.”

“Also, the monitor has randomly started beeping loudly around potential clients, immediately followed by an embarrassing phone call from pretrial services asking for his exact location,” the motion states, adding that Garcia “almost fell off a ladder” after the device hit a step.

Federal prosecutors plan to oppose Garcia’s motion, according to court records, but have not yet filed their response.

Garcia was ordered to wear the ankle monitor after he tried to bring a pocket knife to a visit with his pretrial services officer, court records show. His attorneys said Garcia placed the “legal” pocket knife, which he used for work, in a bin to clear a metal detector at the pretrial services office.

Garcia is facing several misdemeanor and felony charges after he filmed inside the Capitol and posted the videos to social media, according to the Department of Justice.

“We just went ahead and stormed the Capitol. It’s about to get ugly,” Garcia said in one video posted to Facebook.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, China said:

GOP Candidate-Turned-MAGA Rioter Complains Ankle Monitor ‘Beeps Too Loudly’ Around Potential Clients

Former Florida GOP legislative candidate Gabriel Augustin Garcia, a member of the Proud Boys militia group who was arrested over his role in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, is asking a judge to modify the conditions of his release because his ankle monitor has been going off loudly in front of potential clients of his roofing company.

In a motion filed last week, Garcia’s attorneys argued that his ankle monitor is “unsafe” and a “work hazard.”

“Also, the monitor has randomly started beeping loudly around potential clients, immediately followed by an embarrassing phone call from pretrial services asking for his exact location,” the motion states, adding that Garcia “almost fell off a ladder” after the device hit a step.

Federal prosecutors plan to oppose Garcia’s motion, according to court records, but have not yet filed their response.

Garcia was ordered to wear the ankle monitor after he tried to bring a pocket knife to a visit with his pretrial services officer, court records show. His attorneys said Garcia placed the “legal” pocket knife, which he used for work, in a bin to clear a metal detector at the pretrial services office.

Garcia is facing several misdemeanor and felony charges after he filmed inside the Capitol and posted the videos to social media, according to the Department of Justice.

“We just went ahead and stormed the Capitol. It’s about to get ugly,” Garcia said in one video posted to Facebook.

Good lord sometimes I wish we could send some of these whiny ****sticks to prison in an actual authoritarian dictatorship like NK for a month or so. Then when they come back we'll see how much they **** about the USA being authoritarian and meanie-pants to its prisoners. Go over there and **** about your ankle monitor being too loud, I'm sure that will go well for you.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 More People Connected To The Capitol Riot Plead Guilty

Six more people pleaded guilty on Friday to charges connected to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, including a man who threatened to shoot House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in the head.

Cleveland Meredith Jr. missed the pro-Trump rally in Washington, D.C., earlier this year, but stuck around long enough to tell family members that he planned to shoot Pelosi. He pleaded guilty to one count of interstate communication of threats.

According to court papers, Meredith sent a relative a text message saying he wanted to attend an event with Pelosi and put "a bullet in her noggin on Live TV." The relative contacted Meredith's mother, who got in touch with the FBI. Soon after, agents located Meredith in a downtown D.C. hotel, and found a handgun, rifle and 2,500 rounds of ammunition in his possession.

Meredith's sentencing is scheduled for December.

19 minutes ago, China said:

6 More People Connected To The Capitol Riot Plead Guilty

Six more people pleaded guilty on Friday to charges connected to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, including a man who threatened to shoot House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in the head.

Cleveland Meredith Jr. missed the pro-Trump rally in Washington, D.C., earlier this year, but stuck around long enough to tell family members that he planned to shoot Pelosi. He pleaded guilty to one count of interstate communication of threats.

According to court papers, Meredith sent a relative a text message saying he wanted to attend an event with Pelosi and put "a bullet in her noggin on Live TV." The relative contacted Meredith's mother, who got in touch with the FBI. Soon after, agents located Meredith in a downtown D.C. hotel, and found a handgun, rifle and 2,500 rounds of ammunition in his possession.

Meredith's sentencing is scheduled for December.

I hope that creep goes away for a long time.

• Like 2