Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Capitol rioter screams and says she has right to ‘self determination’ as judge sends her to jail

A Pensylvania woman who allegedly threatened to “hang” Nancy Pelosi during the 6 January Capitol riots has been ordered back to prison ahead of her trial.

Federal prosecutors had reported that Pauline Bauer was refusing to follow court orders, which led a judge to revoke her pre-trial release at a court hearing on Friday.

Ms Bauer has allegedly refused to surrender her passport, confirm her address, let pretrial services inspect her home or call to check in once a week, all conditions of her release, reports Courthouse News.

NBC 4 Washington’s Scott McFarlane posted on Twitter that Bauer claims she is a “sovereign citizen” ie one of the growing movement of people who believe that laws do not apply to them. During the hearing, she told the judge that she is not subject to the court’s supervision and denied its authority to hold her in custody. “I have a right to my self-determination,” she told the judge, adding: “I do not agree to any tacit agreement that puts me back in the water. I am on the land.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

10 hours ago, China said:

Capitol rioter screams and says she has right to ‘self determination’ as judge sends her to jail

A Pensylvania woman who allegedly threatened to “hang” Nancy Pelosi during the 6 January Capitol riots has been ordered back to prison ahead of her trial.

Federal prosecutors had reported that Pauline Bauer was refusing to follow court orders, which led a judge to revoke her pre-trial release at a court hearing on Friday.

Ms Bauer has allegedly refused to surrender her passport, confirm her address, let pretrial services inspect her home or call to check in once a week, all conditions of her release, reports Courthouse News.

NBC 4 Washington’s Scott McFarlane posted on Twitter that Bauer claims she is a “sovereign citizen” ie one of the growing movement of people who believe that laws do not apply to them. During the hearing, she told the judge that she is not subject to the court’s supervision and denied its authority to hold her in custody. “I have a right to my self-determination,” she told the judge, adding: “I do not agree to any tacit agreement that puts me back in the water. I am on the land.”

I’m a little confused as to why a sovereign citizen would take part in a political uprising against a government that has no jurisdiction over them.  🤔

May your jail cell be cold.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I’m a little confused as to why a sovereign citizen would take part in a political uprising against a government that has no jurisdiction over them.  🤔

Did she vote?  

Pretty sure she had to claim to be a citizen, to vote.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ball Security said:

May your jail cell be cold.

Literally zero things SovCits do or believe make any sense in the real world. Their entire worldview is riddled with contradiction after contradiction.

They scream that the court system doesn't apply to them, but then they abuse that exact same court system to file one frivolous lawsuit after another. They say they refuse to pay taxes because they are completely separate from and have nothing to do with the US or state governments, yet also say that they have a right to travel on taxpayer funded roads. They claim that only sheriffs have any power (because of something about "common law"), yet when they get pulled over or arrested by a sheriff they scream that they have no jurisdiction.

There's no internal consistency whatsoever. They're basically like conspiracy theorists, but somehow even more annoying. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Trump's coercion and role in Jan. 6 warrant a special prosecutor

By Richard W. Painter, MSNBC Opinion Columnist

In August 2020, then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo turned a diplomatic mission to the Middle East into a political event when he addressed the Republican National Convention in a video from Jerusalem with the Western Wall in the background. Pompeo made repeated references to President Donald Trump’s pro-Israel policies, the subject of his official diplomatic mission.

The State Department had already been in the middle of Trump’s scheme to hold up U.S. aid for Ukraine unless Ukraine began a criminal investigation of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden. That, of course, was the subject of Trump’s first impeachment, during which the Senate, then controlled by Republicans, refused even to hear witnesses.

It is a federal crime for “any person to intimidate, threaten, command, or coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, command, or coerce, any employee of the Federal Government ... to engage in, or not to engage in, any political activity.”

The “any person” mentioned in 18 USC 610 of the federal code does not exclude a former president like Trump, who did “intimidate, threaten, command, or coerce” federal employees, mostly his own appointees, into political activity in support of his re-election campaign. Trump’s coercion intensified after he lost the election, and he leaned on the Justice Department and the military to redo the 2020 election.

Memo shows Trump lawyer's six-step plan for Pence to overturn the election

A conservative lawyer working with then-President Donald Trump's legal team tried to convince then-Vice President Mike Pence that he could overturn the election results on January 6 when Congress counted the Electoral College votes by throwing out electors from seven states, according to the new book "Peril" from Washington Post journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

The scheme put forward by controversial lawyer John Eastman was outlined in a two-page memo obtained by the authors for "Peril," and which was subsequently obtained by CNN. The memo, which has not previously been made public, provides new detail showing how Trump and his team tried to persuade Pence to subvert the Constitution and throw out the election results on January 6.

The Eastman memo laid out a six-step plan for Pence to overturn the election for Trump, which included throwing out the results in seven states because they allegedly had competing electors. In fact, no state had actually put forward an alternate slate of electors -- there were merely Trump allies claiming without any authority to be electors.

Under Eastman's scheme, Pence would have declared Trump the winner with more Electoral College votes after the seven states were thrown out, at 232 votes to 222. Anticipating "howls" from Democrats protesting the overturning of the election, the memo proposes, Pence would instead say that no candidate had reached 270 votes in the Electoral College. That would throw the election to the House of Representatives, where each state would get one vote. Since Republicans controlled 26 state delegations, a majority could vote for Trump to win the election.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

What were the embarrassing details?

It seems they are framing it as "embarrassing" for the people who are truly behind all these websites to be found out. That, plus whatever stuff might be in the emails. There is a lot to go through apparently.

But that veil abruptly vanished last week when a huge breach by the hacker group Anonymous dumped into public view more than 150 gigabytes of previously private data — including user names, passwords and other identifying information of Epik’s customers.

Extremism researchers and political opponents have treated the leak as a Rosetta Stone to the far-right, helping them to decode who has been doing what with whom over several years. Initial revelations have spilled out steadily across Twitter since news of the hack broke last week, often under the hashtag #epikfail, but those studying the material say they will need months and perhaps years to dig through all of it.

“It’s massive. It may be the biggest domain-style leak I’ve seen and, as an extremism researcher, it’s certainly the most interesting,” said Megan Squire, a computer science professor at Elon University who studies right-wing extremism. “It’s an embarrassment of riches — stress on the embarrassment.”

• Like 1