Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

3 hours ago, Xameil said:

Didn't I just read somewhere that you shouldn't laminate it? 

I heard you just have to be careful if they used stickers on it.  Some f them are thermal and if you use a laminater on them they turn all black.  

48 minutes ago, tshile said:

Vaccine done. Hell of an operation they got set up for this. 

Well...every zombie movie and TV show everywhere gave them the blueprint...

....seriously..the vaccination sites I've seen look just like vaccination sites in zombie movies...lol

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Xameil said:

....seriously..the vaccination sites I've seen look just like vaccination sites in zombie movies...lol

Mine was in an out of business Pier 1 Imports. :ols:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Mine was in an out of business Pier 1 Imports. :ols:

Mine was a closed Sears in a mall....lol. orange cones, traffic signs directing you to the site, National Guard trucks,  big Vaccination Site sign...the whole 9 yards

3 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Mine was a closed Sears in a mall....lol. orange cones, traffic signs directing you to the site, National Guard trucks,  big Vaccination Site sign...the whole 9 yards

We had a guy in a truck drive through our neighborhood.  For $20 you got both shots at once and a snow cone.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, daveakl said:

We had a guy in a truck drive through our neighborhood.  For $20 you got both shots at once and a snow cone.

Was it a white van with no windows? And the guy said the vaccines just "fell off the truck"

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

Hadn’t thought about it it but you’re right. Although to be fair I’m not sure how else you’re supposed to administer something so quickly to do many people other than a big building with tons of table and chairs and people being shepherded through it. 

the chick cleaning the chairs in the post-shot waiting area was a dime though 

without a long write up of details no one cares about - I’ve had a lot of conversations with a lot of people, that are active in my personal life, over the past few weeks and the vaccination rate is 100%. In fact I’m pretty much the last person I am personally associated with to get the vaccine I think...

for all the anti vaccine stuff and the news stories about certain areas of the country, and that I live in a stereotypically similar county, and most of my family hangs out on that side of the aisle.... I’m not seeing any of it. 

I have one friend that lives far away (I see him once every 2-3 years so he doesn’t really count) that randomly posts anti vaccine stuff (of the “I’m not anti vaxxer in general but I’m not getting this” variety) and the first time or two we’d all kinda chime in. I posted that PDF someone posted in here of the covid vaccine in comics, the third time, and everyone has a laugh but him and every time since then no ones bothered to even respond to him. 

I definitely saved that pdf to my phone for the express purpose of having it for those situations. 

it was informative and accurate (so far as I know, when I know nothing about it) in a simple way but also screamed “here let me explain it to you like you’re a 5 year old, it works for them” 

Edited by tshile
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Hadn’t thought about it it but you’re right. Although to be fair I’m not sure how else you’re supposed to administer something so quickly to do many people other than a big building with tons of table and chairs and people being shepherded through it. 

the chick cleaning the chairs in the post-shot waiting area was a dime though 

without a long write up of details no one cares about - I’ve had a lot of conversations with a lot of people, that are active in my personal life, over the past few weeks and the vaccination rate is 100%. In fact I’m pretty much the last person I am personally associated with to get the vaccine I think...

for all the anti vaccine stuff and the news stories about certain areas of the country, and that I live in a stereotypically similar county, and most of my family hangs out on that side of the aisle.... I’m not seeing any of it. 

I have one friend that lives far away (I see him once every 2-3 years so he doesn’t really count) that randomly posts anti vaccine stuff (of the “I’m not anti vaxxer in general but I’m not getting this” variety) and the first time or two we’d all kinda chime in. I posted that PDF someone posted in here if the covid vaccine in comics, the third time, and everyone has a laugh but him and every time since then no ones buttered to even respond to him. 

I definitely saved that pdf to my phone for the express purpose of having it for those situations. 

it was informative and accurate (so far as I know, when I know nothing about it) in a simple way but also screamed “here let me talk to you like a 5 year old, it works for them” 

I completely agree with you. We did have 2 family members that decided to wait before they got the vaccine because they wanted more information and data on it first....but they are the only 2 I have heard about who are waiting.

1 was a BIG Democrat, and the other a BIG Republican...

Edited by Xameil

On 3/29/2021 at 2:40 PM, balki1867 said:

Just got my appointments scheduled for my 1st/2nd doses 4 weeks apart (Friday and April 30, so I'm assuming Moderna? although Walgreens wasn't specific on the signup).  It's a 2.5-hour drive each way but its in my college town, so there might be a celebratory beer or seven after dose 2.

Shot 1 is in the books. Just got Pfizered.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

I completely agree with you. We did have 2 family members that decided to wait before they got the vaccine because they wanted more information and data on it first....but they are the only 2 I have heard about who are waiting.

1 was a BIG Democrat, and the other a BIG Republican...

That's what I said, "I'll wait until Summer to see the side effects and deaths from the vaccine info." Then Gov. Abbott said he was opening Texas 100%. A couple of days later I received the email to schedule my shot and I signed up for the next day. If states are opening up early before we have Covid under control not to mention the variations starting to appear, then I am getting and using all the protection I can get!

After a day of discomfort, the second dose side effects seem to have subsided. I couldn't lift my arm last night, but that was the worst of it. 

I'm just really happy and grateful to be alive and in the position I'm in today. And if you remember how I was talking a year ago, that's an amazing turnaround.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

At risk of appearing silly, I’m going to walk you through what I just found out. My wife has been huge on the care/logistics side and we’ve been neck deep in that for over a year now, but honestly we never really discussed vaccines or looked into it besides “oh good they are out and people are getting them”

So Pfizer and moderna are mRNA vaccines and J&J is a viral vector vaccine

https://www.vaccines.gov/basics/types

ive already had covid. Back in October. And this J&J shot wiped me out. I haven’t been able to do anything other than sleep all day. Buddy got one today too around noon and is starting to feel the same way. 

I’m not sick at all. Just feel somewhat like I just got out of the afternoon exam I pulled an all nighter for and could sleep through the whole weekend if allowed....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

At risk of appearing silly, I’m going to walk you through what I just found out. My wife has been huge on the care/logistics side and we’ve been neck deep in that for over a year now, but honestly we never really discussed vaccines or looked into it besides “oh good they are out and people are getting them”

ive already had covid. Back in October. And this J&J shot wiped me out. I haven’t been able to do anything other than sleep all day. Buddy got one today too around noon and is starting to feel the same way. 

I’m not sick at all. Just feel somewhat like I just got out of the afternoon exam I pulled an all nighter for and could sleep through the whole weekend if allowed....

Hit my sister the same way and she got COVID, too. It could be a reaction to the antibodies you already have. :shrug:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, tshile said:

I am scheduled to get my first shot tomorrow (not sure which one yet). I also had the covid in October and was curious to how I may feel after receiving what might be the J&J shot. Thanks for this info.

My wife is still on the NO GO list per doctors orders as she suffered through anaphylaxis after the birth of our 2 kids.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Getting mine on monday but it's the DoD supply. Even though I'm critical personnel and have health conditions, everyone else in town including their pet hamsters have gotten it already before us lol.

You civilian or contractor?