Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

First dose last night, Moderna, and no problems at all. Place was a well oiled machine. Completed paperwork, went immediately into the room, got jab, waited 15 minutes, and grabbed a beer on the way home. They schedule second dose then and there, so we’ll be back in a month to finish the process. My provider is doing this between 5-7pm here in NC, and nurse who jabbed me said they’re doing one to two hundred per evening.

• Like 10

Ok, wife and I are scheduled to get vacc'd tomorrow, only gripe I have is that we have to drive to Dover for it. New Castle County with the vast majority of the population is like an hour away from the site. I mean, I know Delaware is the size of counties elsewhere but the one and only major drive thru vac setup is there? I know, stfu Dave, just go, and I will, but c'mon folks, we seriously ought to be able to do a better job with widespread vaccinations. 

Oh well, at least I'll be able to scratch this off the list and get back to fulltime pissin about politics

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Ok, wife and I are scheduled to get vacc'd tomorrow, only gripe I have is that we have to drive to Dover for it. New Castle County with the vast majority of the population is like an hour away from the site. I mean, I know Delaware is the size of counties elsewhere but the one and only major drive thru vac setup is there? I know, stfu Dave, just go, and I will, but c'mon folks, we seriously ought to be able to do a better job with widespread vaccinations. 

Oh well, at least I'll be able to scratch this off the list and get back to fulltime pissin about politics

STFU Dave, just go.......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PCS said:

Near 36 hours since the first dose and no side effects except a bit of a sore arm and picking up some local ATC traffic from the nearby airport. ;)

First dose doesn't do anything or give you any reactions for most people. Sore at the spot of the shot is normal for most. Just set aside two days of rest after your second shot though in case you get a reaction like a fever which is normal. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

Two days from my second Pfizer shot, I had very mild side effects and feel great today. My arm isn't sore at all and I don't have a bruise from the shot like with the first one. I definitely feel better knowing that I got the vaccine while still taking all precautions in 100% open Texas.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Two days from my second Pfizer shot, I had very mild side effects and feel great today. My arm isn't sore at all and I don't have a bruise from the shot like with the first one. I definitely feel better knowing that I got the vaccine while still taking all precautions in 100% open Texas.

Yes, I would highly advise anyone who is 100% eligible or even has a loose "in" to become eligible do it ASAP because the floodgates are about to open in a few weeks and I can only imagine what the demand is going to look like at that time.  The other big reason is that I pretty much foresee capacity limitations and mask mandates disappearing in a lot more places soon which is going to make things more crazy for the cities and states where businesses themselves are not ready to lift those mandates.  There is going to be a lot of super-spreading going on coming up and I feel bad for the folks who have been trying their best to follow the guidelines for the past year and are now up against a situation where they want to do the responsible thing and get a vaccine but can't get an opening and are still at risk due to all the people who don't care. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, spjunkies said:

The Safeway on Georgia Ave has available slots on the 31st if anyone is still looking. I have no idea why I'm still obsessed with looking at the availability on these sites lol.

You're being helpful. I looked a few times but things were bleak here. So I stopped. Lucky for me and others in my age group who are patients at our medical center that it received a bunch of doses. Texas is one screwed up state. I miss Virginia.

• Like 1

The wife and I got our first one yesterday. Gotta say, I was genuinely impressed with just how easy it was, they had the NG on site directing, an army of volunteers helping out, it was just so perfectly effective! Got in, got thru, got out and on the way easily, our appt was for 1:30 and by 2 we were getting back on the hwy heading home. The whole "try and find a slot at a pharmacy" thing around here is a cluster****, but the mass drive-thru site they had at Dover Speedway was a model of how to do it well and quickly. The women giving the shots were veteran/retired nurses/medical staff, had the technique down pat, barely felt it at all (as it should be). Little ache today, no other aftereffects.

Five Star Rating Shiny Golden Stars Stock Illustrations – 1,214 Five Star  Rating Shiny Golden Stars Stock Illustrations, Vectors & Clipart -  Dreamstime

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

When I listen to Congressional hearings, I often think that we have way too many idiots there.  But after I read things like this, I understand that they truly represent the population.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

Wife and I got our second Pfizer Saturday morning. Nothing for me but a sore arm and the "feeling" that something is happening inside my body (hard to explain). Wife had a fever of 104, chills, body aches. Two days later, it's like a switch flipped and she's all good now. Crazy.

Not crazy since it is not a real infection that can stay in your system for 7 days like a normal flu virus. Even with Moderna the fever/aches and stuff only lasts 2 days. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1