Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Got my first shot today - Moderna.  Not sure if it's the one with the failed tracker chip that's actually a Boss distortion pedal, or if it's the one where I start growing an exoskeleton to serve our new reptilian overlords...I can't decide which is more important - thick guitar tone, or survival among the lizard people.  At least I didn't get the one that's been turning the frogs gay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Just got email yesterday from my provider, jumped on the site, and got scheduled for Friday. Wife was shopping, so called her ASAP, and in the five or so minutes it took her to sign up, she could only get appointment 45 minutes after mine, and I had purposely skipped Thursday appointments, and chose a time later in the day Friday, with plenty of open appointments earlier or later. Glad to know that everyone, with a fully functioning frontal cortex anyway, are jumping to get theirs. 

Got email this morning from provider saying they have filled all appointments already.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Got my first shot today - Moderna.  Not sure if it's the one with the failed tracker chip that's actually a Boss distortion pedal, or if it's the one where I start growing an exoskeleton to serve our new reptilian overlords...I can't decide which is more important - thick guitar tone, or survival among the lizard people.  At least I didn't get the one that's been turning the frogs gay.

Not just any distortion pedal, the mighty MT-2 Metal Zone!  Aka THE SOUND of 90s Death Metal.

F4A0A8CD-29DE-4BC5-9A9A-AD26A39D40F2.jpeg

• Like 2

Virginia’s rollout is weird... it seems to be based on (in order): 

-what phase your *local* health district is

-when you pre-registered

My local health district is still in 1B and my wife’s grandparents (70+) have not gotten a call to get vaccinated yet. Meanwhile down in Richmond they apparently opened it up to... everyone? My coworker, a 23 year old with no health conditions who pre-registered on day 1, got the call and got his first Pfizer shot the other day. 

Seems like if one particular health district is lagging based on demographics (we have a lot of older people here), they should allocate more shots until they’re caught up. 

• Like 1

So pumped. I refused to jump the line, this morning we were finally eligible. Remembering a post on this board just for grins I got on the CVS site around 6:45.  I was shocked that I was able to get my wife an appointment for Thursday in Germantown.  Then I was able to book one for me for Saturday in Montgomery Village.  

I was shocked there were appointments at that time of day on the first day of a new phase.  Still not sure how that happened but I'm very very happy.  

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Virginia’s rollout is weird... it seems to be based on (in order): 

-what phase your *local* health district is

-when you pre-registered

My local health district is still in 1B and my wife’s grandparents (70+) have not gotten a call to get vaccinated yet. Meanwhile down in Richmond they apparently opened it up to... everyone? My coworker, a 23 year old with no health conditions who pre-registered on day 1, got the call and got his first Pfizer shot the other day. 

Seems like if one particular health district is lagging based on demographics (we have a lot of older people here), they should allocate more shots until they’re caught up. 

Is VA still doing high risk groups because they don’t have enough vaccine?  It feels like at this point the focus should shift to just vaccinate as many people as possible as quickly as possible, but they would need a lot of vaccine supply for that.  

my parents, aunt, grandmother (all over 65) have all received two shots.  My wife and I aren’t in any of the priority groups so we’re still waiting.  

• Like 1

That is the approach England took (Canada too), vaccinate as many people as possible even if with only 1 of 2 doses.  The rest of Europe went the way we did with get as many people fully vaccinated as possible.  Englad has seen a large drop in the number of cases overall.  Their approach seems to be working better.  My guess is the one shot while not enough to offer full protection is enough to drop the transmission rate below 1.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

Is VA still doing high risk groups because they don’t have enough vaccine?  It feels like at this point the focus should shift to just vaccinate as many people as possible as quickly as possible, but they would need a lot of vaccine supply for that.  

my parents, aunt, grandmother (all over 65) have all received two shots.  My wife and I aren’t in any of the priority groups so we’re still waiting.  

Yeah it feels like it should be opened up soon but for whatever reason my health district is still in phase 1b. We’re lagging behind, and the reasoning I’ve heard is that a large % of our population is 65+. Seems like they could easily supply this specific district with more doses to account for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So pumped. I refused to jump the line, this morning we were finally eligible. Remembering a post on this board just for grins I got on the CVS site around 6:45.  I was shocked that I was able to get my wife an appointment for Thursday in Germantown.  Then I was able to book one for me for Saturday in Montgomery Village.  

I was shocked there were appointments at that time of day on the first day of a new phase.  Still not sure how that happened but I'm very very happy.  

Sweet! I was able to book an appointment for Friday at the Germantown location. I booked mine around 7 this morning :)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In Virginia, one of the underlying conditions that increases your risk is having a BMI over 25.  75% of American adults have a BMI over 25. 

If you are 6' 185, that qualifies you.  

Are you calling me fat? 😢

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In Virginia, one of the underlying conditions that increases your risk is having a BMI over 25.  75% of American adults have a BMI over 25. 

I think a lot of people feel guilty about getting in with this condition.

If you look at the science, it does INDEED put you at higher risk (yes, BMI might be a poor indication of overall health, but for COVID it's pretty important). If you're in this group, get the shot when it's available to you. You're not jumping the line, you're in 1b. :)❤️ 

Edited by TheMalcolmConnection
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

This is from the CVS website (Virginia) - Right now there are many locations with available appointments - including Richmond.

27 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Sweet! I was able to book an appointment for Friday at the Germantown location. I booked mine around 7 this morning :)

I got my vaccine at a Home Depot. 

I feel fine, but every time I sneeze my garage door opens.

• Haha 11

23 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I am 6’ 175lbs

****ing obese people taking all the vaccines around here. Still haven’t gotten dinged to sign up :(