Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Pfizer says vaccine 100 percent effective in kids 12 to 15

Pfizer and BioNTech announced Wednesday morning that their COVID-19 vaccine is 100 percent effective in children ages 12 to 15.

The vaccines were effective and generated robust antibody responses in a clinical trial of 2,260 adolescents, the companies said in a statement. Eighteen coronavirus cases were identified in the placebo group, compared to no cases among those vaccinated. 

The companies said they planned to submit their data to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as soon as possible and request expansion of their emergency use authorization.

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said he hopes to start vaccinating the younger age group before the start of the next school year.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HOF44 said:

I received my 2nd dose of Pfizer at 1pm. No side effects at all until about 8 hours after.  Very mild arm soreness is all I feel. The first shot hurt my arm a lot. So far so good. 

I can attest to the arm soreness already.  Im about 10 hours from shot #1 and my arm feels like it should have a very large and ugly bruise on it.  I even went to check in the mirror, but there’s nothing.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HOF44 said:

I received my 2nd dose of Pfizer at 1pm. No side effects at all until about 8 hours after.  Very mild arm soreness is all I feel. The first shot hurt my arm a lot. So far so good. 

If you drink enough Mellow Corn, you don't need no stinkin' vaccination!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

If you drink enough Mellow Corn, you don't need no stinkin' vaccination!

I’d rather die of Covid. 

Also after minor arm pain last night woke up this morning and felt like a mule kicked me in the arm.  But no fever chills etc.  

Edited by HOF44
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Die Hard said:

We have to wait 4 months now between shots here. Got my first shot 2 weeks ago, next one in July.

Is Canada time different somehow?  Do they have data on whether getting the shots 4 months apart instead of 4 weeks apart makes a difference in terms of efficacy?

White House knew more than a week ago of J&J contractor vaccine-supply problems

Senior Biden administration health officials, including some within the White House, knew two weeks ago that a Johnson & Johnson contractor's production problems could delay delivery of a significant number of future vaccine doses, according to three senior administration officials.

The news that the contractor, Emergent BioSolutions, had ruined 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson's vaccine by mistakenly mixing it with ingredients from another coronavirus shot became public on Wednesday.

But two senior officials working on the federal government's Covid-19 response told POLITICO that it became clear earlier this month that there were significant problems at Emergent's West Baltimore plant, where the company was producing the active ingredient — or drug substance — for J&J's vaccine. The officials said they had not known the exact details of the situation.

A third senior official said the Department of Health and Human Services found out last week that Emergent had botched the 15 million doses, and how. "It was no secret that Emergent did not have a deep bench of pharmaceutical manufacturing experts," that official said.

Click on the link for the full article

On 3/31/2021 at 2:11 PM, Califan007 said:

Over 100 fully vaccinated people contract COVID-19 in Washington state, officials say

Over 100 people in Washington state have tested positive for COVID-19 more than two weeks after becoming fully vaccinated against the disease, officials said.

The Washington State Department of Health is investigating reports of the so-called breakthrough cases, which it said are expected with any vaccine.

Out of the 1.2 million people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in Washington, epidemiologists have reported evidence of 102 breakthrough cases in 18 counties since Feb. 1, representing less than 0.01% of all fully vaccinated individuals in the northwestern U.S. state. Most cases were patients who experienced only mild symptoms, if any, according to a press release from the Washington State Department of Health.

However, at least eight people with breakthrough cases have been hospitalized. The Washington State Department of Health is also investigating two potential breakthrough cases where the individuals died. Both patients were over 80 years old and suffered from underlying health issues.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/over-100-fully-vaccinated-people-115339262.html

Only 1 in 10k are getting it again and 1 in 100k getting are seriously sick again or dieing.  I am just happy to see these stats coming out, and I am surprised not to see more of them getting widely published.  MD just crested the million fully vaccinated mark.

Now it is probably worth noting those who got vaccinated were already at least a little invested in doging covid.  So, they were not the complete "stick your head in the sand people."   However, they were also more likely to be in the higher risk populations too whether through medical condition or occupation.  So the percent getting more seriously sick being at 10%  could be de to more than just worse strains of COVID now spreading or increased susceptability to it with each exposure (thinking of my dad and his peanut alergy that got worse with each exposure).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gbear said:
Only 1 in 10k are getting it again and 1 in 100k getting are seriously sick again or dieing.  I am just happy to see these stats coming out, and I am surprised not to see more of them getting widely published.  MD just crested the million fully vaccinated mark.

Now it is probably worth noting those who got vaccinated were already at least a little invested in doging covid.  So, they were not the complete "stick your head in the sand people."   However, they were also more likely to be in the higher risk populations too whether through medical condition or occupation.  So the percent getting more seriously sick being at 10%  could be de to more than just worse strains of COVID now spreading or increased susceptability to it with each exposure (thinking of my dad and his peanut alergy that got worse with each exposure).

One thing not mentioned in the article--if for no other reason than nobody knows at this point--is whether or not the ones who did get COVID after full vaccination took part in any riskier behaviors under the belief that they are now safe no worries, and whether or not all of the people who were fully vaccinated in Washington changed their daily routines and behaviors in similar fashions. If, say, 1,000 of the fully vaccinated people regularly took part in riskier behaviors (no masks, no social distancing, etc, etc, yadda yadda), and 102 of them caught COVID, that says something different than just saying 102 people out of 1.2 million. Also, I don't think it says they caught COVID again...just that they caught COVID.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, China said:

Is Canada time different somehow?  Do they have data on whether getting the shots 4 months apart instead of 4 weeks apart makes a difference in terms of efficacy?

Apparently our Public Health agency determined from the scientific data provided by the pharmaceutical companies that delaying the 2nd inoculation doesn't affect its efficacy. This despite the fact that the pharmaceutical companies have continued to recommend 3-4 week intervals. My wife got both of hers within 3 weeks... she was one of the last before the government reversed course. I *believe* the thinking was to make sure that more/everyone got their 1st dosage - especially considering the threat(s) of delay and administration/delivery hiccups. Of which there has been many. It's been a pretty slow roll out for Canadians.... only recently ramping up.

Edited by Die Hard