Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

40 minutes ago, zskins said:

Not crazy since it is not a real infection that can stay in your system for 7 days like a normal flu virus. Even with Moderna the fever/aches and stuff only lasts 2 days. 

For sure. What I'm saying is crazy is the difference in the two of us. 🤔

And that definitely seems right from last time. For about a solid week, I was fine physically, but just felt "off". Still feel like that today, but even better, so I imagine we just improve each day. :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

For sure. What I'm saying is crazy is the difference in the two of us. 🤔

And that definitely seems right from last time. For about a solid week, I was fine physically, but just felt "off". Still feel like that today, but even better, so I imagine we just improve each day. :D

Ah. Gotcha. My niece didn't get any reaction whereas I got the fever. Call me crazy but as a bio major I wanted to see something. I wanted to feel my body was doing something to protecting me. I was glad to get the fever...lol :)

• Like 2

Just got my appointments scheduled for my 1st/2nd doses 4 weeks apart (Friday and April 30, so I'm assuming Moderna? although Walgreens wasn't specific on the signup).  It's a 2.5-hour drive each way but its in my college town, so there might be a celebratory beer or seven after dose 2.

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 9

I did end up with a slight headache yesterday, a little over 24 hours from the first shot of Moderna.  It was a headache unlike any I can recall.  It wasn't terrible or anything, just the location of the headache was different, more behind the ears.  Maybe not related to the shot at all, but I took 2 tylenol, and all was well.  Entirely back to normal today.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

Just got my appointments scheduled for my 1st/2nd doses 4 weeks apart (Friday and April 30, so I'm assuming Moderna? although Walgreens wasn't specific on the signup).  It's a 2.5-hour drive each way but its in my college town, so there might be a celebratory beer or seven after dose 2.

Could be either. Walgreens is 4 weeks regardless of the vaccine.

• Like 2

First Moderna is in the ol' veins!

They even said they'd let me back for the second dose in spite of the fact that  I moaned "deeper" when the nurse put it in me.

On a completely unrelated note, it might take a while to get re-acclimated to polite society.

...not sure why I use "re" before acclimated there...

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

First Moderna is in the ol' veins!

They even said they'd let me back for the second dose in spite of the fact that  I moaned "deeper" when the nurse put it in me.

On a completely unrelated note, it might take a while to get re-acclimated to polite society.

...not sure why I use "re" before acclimated there...

In the veins? 

image.jpeg.f6ce6ea40a98fd5178a6b789173f2e13.jpeg

It’s an intramuscular injection.

😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Yeah that’s what it seems, it’s not a biggie, just not great timing for me work wise..Hoping to bypass that😉 all good though. 

You can take Advil 6 hours after the shot but not before. Some people don't get the fever. Maybe you will get lucky. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, zskins said:

Ah. Gotcha. My niece didn't get any reaction whereas I got the fever. Call me crazy but as a bio major I wanted to see something. I wanted to feel my body was doing something to protecting me. I was glad to get the fever...lol :)

Haha! I get it! I almost feel like, "Did this work?!" because I didn't get anything, but from what I'm reading, it doesn't measure immune response based on side effects, so just going to believe the science and know my wife and I will be good-to-go in two weeks! :D

• Like 2

Meanwhile she prob got the vaccine already but won't say so publicly in order to keep the money rolling in from the grift.  Good on Chris Hahn for calling out the obvious.

"I won't stand for you calling Tucker Carlson a liar" Hahahahaha, he acknowledged he was a liar in court, soooo?

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Haha 2