Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

35 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If you get covid because you refuse to take the vaccine; then you should suffer the consequences. 

You shouldn’t be allowed to be hospitalized; if you need to be. Ride it out at home and if it still kills you; so be it.

Because we all know that people who refuse the vaccine, and get infected, will self quarantine. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If you get covid because you refuse to take the vaccine; then you should suffer the consequences. 

You shouldn’t be allowed to be hospitalized; if you need to be. Ride it out at home and if it still kills you; so be it.

Ive had that mindset with a lot of things.  Car accident and drunk or not wearing a seatbelt?  You get a band-aid.  Anything more and you can die on the side of the road.

I’d like to apply it to lots of things.

• Like 1

I've gotta give California some credit. They've been killing it with vaccine distribution. I'm 35 and was told a couple weeks ago I'd be eligible on May 1st, then last week it was April 15th. Well this morning it just got opened to everyone where I am (a major city), and I just got home from getting my pfizer shot. 40 million people, so I didn't expect to have it till summer

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, China said:

Biden set to announce all adults eligible for shots April 19

President Joe Biden is set to announce that he’s shaving about two weeks off his May 1 deadline for states to make all adults eligible for coronavirus vaccines.

An administration official confirms with NewsNation that Biden plans to announce that every adult in the U.S. will be eligible to be vaccinated by April 19. Biden will make the announcement at the White House on Tuesday following a visit to a vaccination site in Virginia.

Click on the link for the full article

Too soon given how many people are having trouble getting a vaccine in current eligibility groups.

Not getting mine until my daughter can get hers.  We both have not gone anywhere for over a year now.  Wife is fully vacinated, got her 2nd Pfizer shot last Saturday.  Wife only goes to work, grocery pick up and a couple of curbside pick-ups for restuarants (that just started last week).  I work from home, daugher is home schooled. 

They are saying people will need to get vacinated every 6-8 months, no point in getting mine now and have to wait 3-4 months until my daughter can get hers since I'll be staying at home with her anyway.  Once she is eligible though and we get vacinated, first place I'm going is the bar down the road, then to the ABC store.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Just wondering....is there a workaround where we could send the excess vaccines places where we have US bases and then as an act of goodwill, have mass vaccination sites just outside the base to give it to people living in the surrounding area?

The article says the agreements limit use to US and US territories, so foreign US bases wouldn't be covered right?

I skeptical that the purpose is liability protection rather than supply control.

• Like 1

Just now, bearrock said:

The article says the agreements limit use to US and US territories, so foreign US bases wouldn't be covered right?

I skeptical that the purpose is liability protection rather than supply control.

A US base is technically US territory. Same with embassies....that's why I was thinking it could be used as a loophole

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 7:38 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Not getting mine until my daughter can get hers.  We both have not gone anywhere for over a year now.  Wife is fully vacinated, got her 2nd Pfizer shot last Saturday.  Wife only goes to work, grocery pick up and a couple of curbside pick-ups for restuarants (that just started last week).  I work from home, daugher is home schooled. 

They are saying people will need to get vacinated every 6-8 months, no point in getting mine now and have to wait 3-4 months until my daughter can get hers since I'll be staying at home with her anyway.  Once she is eligible though and we get vacinated, first place I'm going is the bar down the road, then to the ABC store.

Recent reports I saw is that vaccinated people are NOT spreading the virus either. Maybe just to be more safe you should get vaxxed to avoid giving it to her?

4 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

https://www.army.mil/article/242160/army_distributes_covid_19_vaccine_to_troops_in_korea

This is what I'm thinking of. If they're able to import the vaccine to US bases in Korea, maybe there is a loophole to get the vaccine to local Koreans

That Vanity Fair article mentions that DoD had some issues in some cases getting vaccine manufacturers to allow using the vaccine overseas (since it was the DoD, I assume they were trying to negotiate vaccinating oversea troops).  I assume the SK arrangement was one of those things DoD arranged.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be absolutely crazy to let vaccines go to waste in the current climate and would be all for finding ways to send used vaccines to needy countries.  Just not sure whether it can be pulled off.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Recent reports I saw is that vaccinated people are NOT spreading the virus either. Maybe just to be more safe you should get vaxxed to avoid giving it to her?

Yeah, I know that, but we both are staying at home.  She is homeschooled and I work from home.  Me getting vacinated now does me no good because my wife and I decided that until all three of us are vacinated, we aren't going out anywhere.  I'd get it to just sit at home and wait until my daughter can get hers.  it would be a waste of immunity if I get one now.

On 4/6/2021 at 7:38 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

getting the vaccine now will help protect both of you.

I hear that the vaccines have an efficacy rate of around 6 months.  I haven't seen a lot of discussion about people who are vaccinated eventually needing to get a second round of vaccines.  But if that's going to be the case, maybe we should keep our surplus supply levels high enough to accomplish this.  I'm assume that's figuring into the calculations of the Administration - weighing that use versus getting more first doses into arms internationally as to which will knock down the virus most effectively to protect U.S. citizens.

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I hear that the vaccines have an efficacy rate of around 6 months.  I haven't seen a lot of discussion about people who are vaccinated eventually needing to get a second round of vaccines.  But if that's going to be the case, maybe we should keep our surplus supply levels high enough to accomplish this.  I'm assume that's figuring into the calculations of the Administration - weighing that use versus getting more first doses into arms internationally as to which will knock down the virus most effectively to protect U.S. citizens.

It's at least 6 months so far. We don't know how long it will actually last because we're still checking up on the first folks who got the vaccines. We'll probably need this yearly like a flu shot if I had to guess. It would be hard to keep a surplus because the vaccines will expire before we need to vaccinate a couple hundred million people again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bearrock said:

Embassies are US territories, military bases are not.  

12 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

https://www.army.mil/article/242160/army_distributes_covid_19_vaccine_to_troops_in_korea

This is what I'm thinking of. If they're able to import the vaccine to US bases in Korea, maybe there is a loophole to get the vaccine to local Koreans

My understanding is US Navy ships are considered US territory even while in a foreign port.  So load up some ships with the vaccine and have them pull into ports around the world.  Allow locals to come aboard in a controlled area and receive the vaccine.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's at least 6 months so far. We don't know how long it will actually last because we're still checking up on the first folks who got the vaccines. We'll probably need this yearly like a flu shot if I had to guess. It would be hard to keep a surplus because the vaccines will expire before we need to vaccinate a couple hundred million people again.

Good point.  Shelf life has to be a factor.  Pfizer and Moderna both have shelf lives of only 6 months even if stored properly.  And with Pfizer, that means at ultra-cold temperatures.

https://coronavirus.nautil.us/shelf-life-of-covid-vaccine/

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1