Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

“With the 19th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft Washington selects: Quarterback from the University of Detroit Lions, Matthew Stafford. Super, Super, Super Senior. And he got a late schooling start. Don’t age shame him.”

Then we trade up in the 2nd round and snag Najee Harris, RB Alabama...Sign free agent Allen Robinson and focus the rest of  free agency and the draft on defense, defense, defense...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

come on, get with it. We are getting Stafford so Golladay will be the WR target.:ols:

I'd rather have Godwin imo. Seems that Golladay is always hurt.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

One of those things in football. Psyche is so important. And once you hit a schnide some guys never get off of it. 

I don’t know that Godwin won’t get off of it. But his confidence has been down for three weeks in a row now.

Change of scenery 😉

8 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Lack of confidence recently for whatever reason?

He was atrocious in the game against us in the playoffs, then almost as bad against NO.  He started this game with another drop.  Then made two great catches.  

It hasn't been a hot post season for Godwin.  Before that I was almost as into getting Godwin as i was Robinson.    Robinson's hands are glue.  But I still like Godwin. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I wonder how that Stanford is available it lowers the price of Watson????

can only hurt.

Your either putting another QB on the market, effecting supply/demand

or your taking a QB needy team off the market as someone fills a hole and DET would be unlikely to chase Watson in their place.

Still gonna get a haul for him tho.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Go get him Denver.  For Darnold, who I don't want, seems like the package I keep hearing is 2nd and change like a 2nd and 4th.   Albright is usually fairly connected. 

If anyone gives up that package for Darnold they’re out of a job in a year or two. 

6 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Then we trade up in the 2nd round and snag Najee Harris, RB Alabama...Sign free agent Allen Robinson and focus the rest of  free agency and the draft on defense, defense, defense...

I doubt Najee is there but man... if he were.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He was atrocious in the game against us in the playoffs, then almost as bad against NO.  He started this game with another drop.  Then made two great catches.  

It hasn't been a hot post season for Godwin.  Before that I was almost as into getting Godwin as i was Robinson.    Robinson's hands are glue.  But I still like Godwin. 

Of course he'll go for over 400 yards combined between today and the SB and significantly increase his salary demands, lol.

1 minute ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I wonder how that Stanford is available it lowers the price of Watson????

The way the CBA is set now makes it too costly for watson to force his way out. I don't see him following through with what it would take to force his way out of a contract he just signed.  If their new GM has anything to say about it, he's not going to a team that will be any good after a huge 1st round mega bundle of draft capital.  Maybe only the Jets...

44 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If anyone gives up that package for Darnold they’re out of a job in a year or two. 

lol, I am superstitious that its going to happen since its the opposite of what I want.

Last time we were all having a big QB discussion was the 2018 off season around the same time as now.  We were debating Qb options.  I wanted to trade up in the draft.  The one thing I said I didn't want to happen is trading for Alex Smith, and boom that's exactly what happened.

Then on draft day in 2019, my top 2 things I didn't want is Daniel Jones or Haskins at 15.  We take Haskins.

Now racing to now the top player I don't want to trade picks for is Darnold.  So we should be afraid. :ols:  I should start pumping up this thread with pro Darnold propaganda.  I need to stop the momentum I am likely building for Darnold to be our next QB...I'll start posting the opposite of what I really think perhaps

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 8

52 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Wow ya sign me up for that.

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, I am superstitious that its going to happen since its the opposite of what I want.

Last time we were all having a big QB discussion was the 2018 off season around the same time as now.  We were debating Qb options.  I wanted to trade up in the draft.  The one thing I said I didn't want to happen is trading for Alex Smith, and boom that's exactly what happened.

The in draft day in 2019, my top 2 things I didn't want is Daniel Jones or Haskins at 15.  We take Haskins.

Now racing to now the top player I don't want to trade picks for is Darnold.  So we should be afraid. :ols:  I should start pumping up this thread with pro Darnold propaganda.  I need to stop the momentum I am likely building for Darnold to be our next QB...I'll start posting the opposite of what I really think perhaps

I agree. I dont want Darnold or Tyrod Taylor. 

25 minutes ago, dyst said:

How is Darnold even being discussed in a trade for high picks. I have him in Haskins type of territory. Jets are not in the driver seat, they will eventually release him + he hasn’t looked good. 

Some people have the Josh Rosen kind of spin about him, he was a high pick, it wasn't the right scheme/coaching, etc.  Rosen ended up going for a 2nd.  National media types think Darnold will go for 2nd and more.  Yeah count me out.   

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, method man said:

If we strike out on Stafford, I wonder what Jordan Love would cost. Rodgers looks like he has at least a few more years left. 

I think it would take at least the 1st and more

good idea though...who knows, Favre was plucked from the Falcons before he ever hit the field. 

Man, Stafford would be a dream (not a Watson type of pipe dream). He is a really good QB, that I think has had some really bad coaches. We were winning games with Alex Smith at the helm, with Stafford on this roster we are probably an 11/12 win team if we get another weapon for him. 

The defense is ripe, it's time to swing for the fences. I hope we don't have to give up a 1st, but the cost of not doing it is greater than the cost of doing it. With an 11/12 win season, you are giving your team a chance to compete for the Super Bowl. You can't pass that opportunity up. 

Stafford might be older and certainly more battered, but few quarterbacks in the league have an arm like his. He can still do some pretty awesome stuff — you probably haven’t noticed, though, because he played in Detroit.

So send the No. 12 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft to Detroit to land him. If that can’t get it done, throw in Garoppolo — the Niners would cut him as part of the transaction, anyway. If that isn’t enough, toss in a couple of Day Two picks and some Day Threes as sweeteners.

Get it done. The Lions seem reasonable — they agreed to Stafford’s trade request — and a whole mess of picks, with the No. 12 pick as the centerpiece, is fair-market value.

On top of that, Stafford is a quality guy. I’ve gotten to know him fairly well over the years. What you see is what you get. He a stand-up person. The ultimate teammate. A leader. A grinder. A spotlight-avoider. A non-complainer. His stand over the summer during the George Floyd protests revealed a man who’s fully morphed from taking things seriously to doing things seriously.

I know him well enough to say if he indeed approached the Lions about this, then he’s been bottling it inside for a long time. The last time he spoke with the media, following another dismal season, he reiterated that he loves it here in Detroit. I believe that’s true. His kids have been raised here. His marriage blossomed here. He’s intricately involved with the community and charities here.

He’s a Lion through and through. But anyone who’s that much a Lion must know the following feelings: Heartbreak. Frustration. Aggravation. Depression.

Can you blame him for seeking greener pastures?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/mitch-albom/2021/01/23/detroit-lions-matthew-stafford-trade-inevitable-depressing/6690553002/