Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

LOL someone responded saying “wow, really?” And i said “it’s a fake account, so no”. And the fake JP Finlay responded to me saying “coward”. Yeah, I’m a coward, for telling people when a fake tweet is a fake tweet. Suuureeee. 

You're letting it get to your head man

14 minutes ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Even if he gets you to an NFC Championship Game? I think i’d give up 2 high picks for that and a chance at being in a Super Bowl.

I just think we can use those assets for a more sustainable way of competing for titles.   But you're right, if we add a rod, we have as good a shot as anyone in making a run next couple years.  

GB is 30 Mil over the cap next yr. trading Rodgers would be a 31M dead cap hit.

Unless Aaron is so pissed he demands a trade, he is going nowhere. And being honest, he prob has so much clout that he can get his FO fired before he has to demand a trade.

chances Rodgers get traded are 0.000000000000nevergonnahappen%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tedskins 21 said:

I agree with your sentiment and I am no defender of the ‘inmates running the asylum.’ This is what made the NBA unwatchable for me. Having said that, these players who signed a contract can be traded any moment without their consent (barring a no trade clause.) I think a player like Arod or Stafford, who has served their company/organization for so long can and should have a say in their futures. 

A contract used to be a contract it's meaning:  Definition. "An agreement between private parties creating mutual obligations enforceable by law. The basic elements required for the agreement to be a legally enforceable contract are: mutual assent, expressed by a valid offer and acceptance; adequate consideration; capacity; and legality.A contract is not a contract anymore.  

"both parties must sign employment contracts

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

GB is 30 Mil over the cap next yr. trading Rodgers would be a 31M dead cap hit.

Unless Aaron is so pissed he demands a trade, he is going nowhere. And being honest, he prob has so much clout that he can get his FO fired before he has to demand a trade.

chances Rodgers get traded are 0.000000000000nevergonnahappen%

I don't think the FO would choose to part with him, safe to assume the only way he leaves is if he demands a trade.  I'm too lazy to look at the contract, but if the player is willing to work with them they could probably get the dead cap number down, and a rod can just earn that money again from his new team.

1 minute ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Because the Lions will be replacing Staff with him?

That's Reid's guess.  We are still a long way from knowing where Stafford is going to end up.  It's like playing the lottery right now but the odds aren't as great.  

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

agree that multiple firsts is a tough one to take. Detroit only has 5 picks this year, it needs to be #19 and something else this year maximum.

I have seen Allen and Payne mentioned as add-ons to the multiple 1st rounders it would take to land Watson. I would hate to see either of them traded, but understand their value in such a transaction. What is the possibility we could use Allen and 2nd, or Payne and a 3rd, etc., to trade for Stafford? If it were Allen, wouldn't we be saving on cap room, seeing that we must get him under contract by the end of next season, or exercise his fifth year option? That would free up the money we would use to pay for Stafford, or sign Scherff or Darby both. I am a D guy, and hate to give up any of our cool toys, but we could hold onto our 1 this year to land a true FS.

33 minutes ago, dyst said:

Good, let Rodgers go to 49er. Garapolo to Patriots. Means someone good will fall to us at 19

Good point, I think you're on to something. If SF, NE, get their QB's through trades, chances are one of the top 4 or 5 QB's in the draft will make it to #19. This is something the brass will have to consider but if the sit on their hands too long they'll be left holding nothing. Lots of tough calls to be made. 

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Rodgers will go to San Fran and Stafford will go to Detroit and we'll end up signing some scrub like Tyrod Taylor and struggle to go 7-9 again. Such is life for Washington Football.

Stafford already in Detroit 

• Haha 2

Hard to blame him

Someone will get themselves a whale of a quarterback, just turning 33 in a league where guys are playing beyond 40. And if you like Stafford, part of you might be happy if he gets to play, say, for Bill Belichick in New England, or with all those weapons in New Orleans, or with that young aggressive group in Washington.

Mark my words. If Stafford gets with a real coach and a reliable offensive line, his biggest achievements are ahead of him.

But it’s shame he never had that here. He was coached by Jim Schwartz, Jim Caldwell, Matt Patricia and Darrell Bevell. Not exactly a Hall of Fame group. And his coordinators were even less remarkable. Turn him loose with that arm and some innovative minds and who knows what will happen?

And maybe that’s what he’s after. Maybe he realizes there are only so many autumns left. He’s got tools. He’s got talent. But he can’t coach the team, can’t build the roster, can’t make the trades. At some point, maybe, like every Lions fan, a player throws his hands up. Heck, it took Bobby Ross less than two seasons before he was screaming “I don’t coach this ----!”

It’s not the city. It’s not the fans. It’s the franchise. Would YOU want to spend your entire career here if you had enough talent to possibly make a Super Bowl?

So begins the long goodbye to the best quarterback the Lions have ever had. And the long hello to a rebuild that could try the patience of even us, the league’s longest-suffering fans base. When you think this through, you know what you feel like saying to Stafford? “Send us a postcard.” We’re not going anywhere.

https://www.freep.com/sports/