Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We be interesting to see how big a gambler RR is.  I think someone will outbid us and we move up in the draft to get our QB of the future. You know Mayhew who drafted Stafford is pushing hard for him.  

I think Rivera has and his fill with Haskins and will go all in for a vet. Seize the day and all that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

We have a pair of QBs on our roster right now who can ball given a normal offseason program. If it doesn't work out with them, we'll still have our drafted stud from the #19 pick or the other picks this team might be thinking about forking over, plus good cap space, and an opportunity to explore other QB options the following year without costing an arm and a leg.

What if other QBs options in 2022 end up being as unexciting as they look now?    I am with you if I thought our QBs can "ball".  But I am not that confident.  But much more importantly it doesn't seem like Rivera/FO believe the two options in house are the answer if you factor what they've said about the Qb spot being a priority this off season.    If they thought Kyle Allen could "ball" they wouldn't bother with it.   But will see. 

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yup. It’s a deal breaker if it’s multiple 1s. A 1 and change will make a lot of people look at it differently.

agree that multiple firsts is a tough one to take. Detroit only has 5 picks this year, it needs to be #19 and something else this year maximum.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

agree that multiple firsts is a tough one to take. Detroit only has 5 picks this year, it needs to be #19 and something else this year maximum.

Maybe a first and third in this year's draft? Washington has 2 third rounders this draft.

59 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Given cap space, Rivera’s comments about qb, the state of the roster, and also, very importantly, Dan Snyder’s backing in terms of chasing the costly qb, I don’t see how WFT is a “sleeper” rather than in similar contention to the other choices...

Agree it seems to be billboard in your face they are shopping for one:

A. Rivera in two interviews pretty much said so.

B.  Every major beat guy has said they heard QB, QB, QB

C.  Multiple national reporters have said the same

Rivera isn't the type to play games.  He's often honest to a fault.  It wasn't like this was the narrative last off season, too.  Last off season it was they were open minded in the draft to a QB but that's it -- it was on a scale of 0-10 about a 2 as far as intensity, this off season I'd say its a 10 out of 10 as for smoke about them wanting a QB. 

Sounds like some are still skeptical that this smoke has anything to it.  i guess we will finally find out this week in all likelihood.  i am not saying we land a big fish but if we hear that we are definitiely in the chase then I don't know what more people need to hear to be convinced that Rivera isn't in love with our QB room the way its situated now.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d offer 1 and 3

In fact, I’d offer 1 and 2 if I got Stafford and a 3 or 4 back off them.

Lets do a 2 and next year 3rd im not giving away our first this yeat we have hit on too many outside of gaskins and suckston

Edited by CjSuAvE22

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Had a big drop right before that, though. I’m not impressed with his hands. But he is a big play weapon.

The weird thing about him is his hands are typically really good.  That was the weird thing about his recent slump.  Brady actually said Godwin has the best hands of any receiver he's ever played with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

The weird thing about him is his hands are typically really good.  That was the weird thing about his recent slump.  Brady actually said Godwin has the best hands of any receiver he's ever played with. 

One of those things in football. Psyche is so important. And once you hit a schnide some guys never get off of it. 

I don’t know that Godwin won’t get off of it. But his confidence has been down for three weeks in a row now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What if other QBs options in 2022 end up being as unexciting as they look now?    I am with you if I thought our QBs can "ball".  But I am not that confident.  But much more importantly it doesn't seem like Rivera/FO believe the two options in house are the answer if you factor what they've said about the Qb spot being a priority this off season.    If they thought Kyle Allen could "ball" they wouldn't bother with it.   But will see. 

There are way too many reports of them making a move to ever lead me to believe RR thinks Kyle is the answer. He knows them better than we do, there is nothing in Kyle Allen's resume that would lead us to believe he is the QB of the future, same with Heineke.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d offer 1 and 3

In fact, I’d offer 1 and 2 if I got Stafford and a 3 or 4 back off them.

Only way I go more than a first and third is a first and second and we get a 3rd in return. I’m with you again.

Would be nice to have a quarterback and we can pretend we drafted him at pick 19 and the only cost was a secondary pick. That’s a great scenario for Stafford.

26 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If Skins are serious no problem.  It's what follows after that, that teams are willing to offer.  May we not go nuts and send a 2nd rounder also. May it be a 3rd round pick and a 4th next year a tickler if needed.  No more. 

Our 1st and our 3rd is what I'd offer....that leaves us with our entire draft outside of the 1st rounder that we used to get Stafford. Thats a good deal for both teams. Lets do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Bills are another team looking better than they really are. They took advantage of a really weak division (6-0) and their schedule as a whole wasn’t all that impressive. When they faced real challenges they looked bad. Beating Baltimore last week isn’t really a big deal since Baltimore is overrated in their own way. I expect KC to give them a harsh reality check today.

well, we hardly disagree, but the same could be said about NE over the last 20+ years...I'll take the Bills gettin' 3

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Only way I go more than a first and third is a first and second and we get a 3rd in return. I’m with you again.

Would be nice to have a quarterback and we can pretend we drafted him at pick 19 and the only cost was a secondary pick. That’s a great scenario for Stafford.

And we could say that trading Trent played into helping us get Stafford....its a feel good story all around, except for SF when they watch Trent walk.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lack of confidence recently for whatever reason?

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Our 1st and our 3rd is what I'd offer....that leaves us with our entire draft outside of the 1st rounder that we used to get Stafford. Thats a good deal for both teams. Lets do it.

“With the 19th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft Washington selects: Quarterback from the University of Detroit Lions, Matthew Stafford. Super, Super, Super Senior. And he got a late schooling start. Don’t age shame him.”

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Agree, I’d be comfortable still having 3,3,3,4,5 in the draft to make key additions. 

• Like 1

Hope

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree with that line of thinking since the team could still get some help in weak areas from the remaining picks and the cost to get Stafford is done with this season.