Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

You are right but hes not worth a first...maybe a 2nd when was the last time a qb of his age was traded away for a first round pick...hes a qb 10-15 imo

He’s worth #19 and change.

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You would think Tua would absolutely be part of the trade...Unless Houston really didn't like him. 

Wasn’t that the talk, they didn’t fancy Tua.

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Again, Washington is looked at as a darkhorse to acquire Stafford, according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

“I’m told they want to go hard at finding their long-term quarterback solution right now.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/comparing-washingtons-sleeper-qb-options-deshaun-watson-matt-stafford

Given cap space, Rivera’s comments about qb, the state of the roster, and also, very importantly, Dan Snyder’s backing in terms of chasing the costly qb, I don’t see how WFT is a “sleeper” rather than in similar contention to the other choices...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

We have other holes and concerns on this team that still need to be addressed, QB is just one of them, and compromising team ammo (draft picks and cap space) that we need to fill those other holes just to fill ONE of them is madness. This crap has NEVER worked out for us. We have ZERO championship appearances and a dismal post-season attendance because of stunts like this one.

We have zero championships because we've never been able to score points in the Snyder era. Never. Besides 2012 we've hardly cracked the top 10 in yards/points. (Cousins had a few years where we were top 5 in yards) 

The reality is we don't have a starting QB next season.

How the hell can you win in the NFL with no starting QB? We're not smarter then everyone else by finding Kyle Allen's and Heinicke's. Allen just got out of his walking boot a few days ago and Heinicke seperated his shoulder in 1 start. (not a knock on these guys, they can win games in the short term and i hope we keep both)

We have the 19th pick. That means the 4th or 5th QB on our boards. (if we're lucky) 

If you have a chance to upgrade at QB you do it. IMO trading the farm for Watson is a mistake and not even possible. But a 1st and 3rd for Stafford is a deal. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mooka said:

We have zero championships because we've never been able to score points in the Snyder era. Never. Besides 2012 we've hardly cracked the top 10 in yards/points. (Cousins had a few years where we were top 5 in yards) 

The reality is we don't have a starting QB next season.

How the hell can you win in the NFL with no starting QB? We're not smarter then everyone else by finding Kyle Allen's and Heinicke's. Allen just got out of his walking boot a few days ago and Heinicke seperated his shoulder in 1 start. (not a knock on these guys, they can win games in the short term and i hope we keep both)

We have the 19th pick. That means the 4th or 5th QB on our boards. (if we're lucky) 

If you have a chance to upgrade at QB you do it. IMO trading the farm for Watson is a mistake and not even possible. But a 1st and 3rd for Stafford is a deal. 

Very good chance they could do a big trade up in the draft too (for Wilson/Lance/Fields)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Booo! Gotta do better then that.

-Low pocket awareness

-Sloppy time management

-Stone hands

-To small to play the game

Swing for the jugular

I was working my way up to those direct hits on his battleship...was trying to be more subtle. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Booo! Gotta do better then that.

-Low pocket awareness

-Sloppy time management

-Stone hands

-To small to play the game

Swing for the jugular

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I was working my way up to those direct hits on his battleship...was trying to be more subtle. 

Scouting report is fairly accurate. Are you my ex?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Given cap space, Rivera’s comments about qb, the state of the roster, and also, very importantly, Dan Snyder’s backing in terms of chasing the costly qb, I don’t see how WFT is a “sleeper” rather than in similar contention to the other choices...

I agree, and, most importantly, given Snyders history of spending money to get the player he wants we should be considered a front runner if we do want Stafford. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Scouting report is fairly accurate. Are you my ex?

Ha, ha, no....I don't think so, but FootballZombie sounds like he knows you inside out. Right church, wrong pew.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So the Qb spot is just one spot of many, it doesn't need much more emphasis than any other spot?

We have a pair of QBs on our roster right now who can ball given a normal offseason program. If it doesn't work out with them, we'll still have our drafted stud from the #19 pick or the other picks this team might be thinking about forking over, plus good cap space, and an opportunity to explore other QB options the following year without costing an arm and a leg.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

For what its worth, which is likely nothing, the panel on ESPN gameday (Rex Ryan, Moss, Bruschi, Ponder) all just kicked around who the top teams are for Stafford to land. Their responses; New England, Dallas, Indy, SF....no mention of the WFT. In fact, it's almost like we are an after thought. 

We're a "sleeper" team with no respect in the national sports media.  

• Like 1

I think Mayhew could be the deciding factor in persuading Stafford to come to the WFT.  Of course, the Lions would have to accept the offer.  It seems though that Matthew has some pull in where he would land.

I have been championing him for a long time.  Now is a chance of a lifetime for the Team to get their franchise qb.  He could play at a high level for another 5+ years.

Part of the reason I am so high on him is that he seemed to always beat us.  He is a great comeback qb.

I think that could put us over the top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

We're a "sleeper" team with no respect in the national sports media.  

How correct you are HigSkin.  The NFL hates our majority owner.  Irregardless, the WFT should be treated with the same respect as ALL the other NFL teams.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

If Skins are serious no problem.  It's what follows after that, that teams are willing to offer.  May we not go nuts and send a 2nd rounder also. May it be a 3rd round pick and a 4th next year a tickler if needed.  No more. 

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

That’s encouraging that it’s not being stated as multiple firsts.

We be interesting to see how big a gambler RR is.  I think someone will outbid us and we move up in the draft to get our QB of the future. You know Mayhew who drafted Stafford is pushing hard for him.