Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

Rodgers you say? I’d give up a touch more for him than Stafford. But his age means it isn’t too much more. If I’m willing to give a one and three for Stafford I’m willing to give a 1 and 2 for Rodgers. Maybe a 7th and a ham sandwich included.

Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, maybe Deshaun Watson..... all in the AFC. That's crazy.

NFC has Rodgers, Brady, Dak, Stafford, Kyler, Russ and Matt Ryan.

Have the conferences ever been this lopsided at the QB position?

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, maybe Deshaun Watson..... all in the AFC. That's crazy.

NFC has Rodgers, Dak, Stafford, Kyler, Russ and Matt Ryan.

You forgot Brady.

18 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Brady doesn't exactly have the best manners himself and look at him in Tampa

I think he is a good QB, just seems like a guy who pouts a ****-ton. If he wanted to win, he should have scored more TDs. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

On a side note it is hard to deny that Brady is the goat. The guy is taking a second team to the SB that sucked last year without him. TENTH Super Bowl is ridiculous. 

I've always been salty about this. Brady is the GOAT of the modern era. I say the true GOAT is still Slingin' Sammy Baugh :D  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

On a side note it is hard to deny that Brady is the goat. The guy is taking a second team to the SB that sucked last year without him. TENTH Super Bowl is ridiculous. 

3 years ago, discussing with coworkers and I was all about Brady over Rodgers talking to them. The guy just wins. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The 80s was pretty lopsided towards QBs in the AFC.  NFC had the defenses to stop them though.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

Lol.....really?

Yah really. What is his excuse this year? He doesn’t have weapons? His defense sucks? People always make excuses for him. He’s played in a weak NFC his entire career, how many Superbowls has he made? I don’t think he is anywhere near Brady when it matters most.

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Yah really. What is his excuse this year? He doesn’t have weapons? His defense sucks? People always make excuses for him. He’s played in a weak NFC his entire career, how many Superbowls has he made? I don’t think he is anywhere near Brady when it matters most.

****......I misread post.....my bad.

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

I've always been salty about this. Brady is the GOAT of the modern era. I say the true GOAT is still Slingin' Sammy Baugh :D  

I’d put Montana over him...but hard to argue against his greatness...if he loses he’ll b 6-5 in SBs...right?...Montana never lost one...when u could play defense...end old man rant...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stefanskins said:

I’d put Montana over him...but hard to argue against his greatness...if he loses he’ll b 6-5 in SBs...right?...Montana never lost one...when u could play defense...end old man rant...

6-4 i think. Losses to the eagles, giants(X2) and chiefs, if he loses in two weeks 

• Thanks 1

If Rodgers, Watson, and Stafford are all on the move...that's fantastic for us.  Should drive down the price a bit since we aren't competing as heavily against everyone else.

If the Colts go after Rodgers (or Stafford), that's one less suitor for Stafford (or Rodgers). I think regardless that #19 is in play, but maybe that's all it'll take.

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

The AFC has dominated the league QB-wise for 20 years now, spearheaded by Brady and Peyton at the start of the new millennium.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

3 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

If Rodgers, Watson, and Stafford are all on the move...that's fantastic for us.  Should drive down the price a bit since we aren't competing as heavily against everyone else.

If the Colts go after Rodgers (or Stafford), that's one less suitor for Stafford (or Rodgers). I think regardless that #19 is in play, but maybe that's all it'll take.

I would hate the Colts for going from Peyton to Luck to Rivers and then straight to Aaron Rodgers. Makes me sick honestly that a team could get so lucky. 

I could really see them preferring to go after Rodgers though, which is good for us if we want Stafford. I don't think Rodgers is going anywhere though. 

we just have to be ALL-IN for Rodgers or Stafford.  However, I have trouble believing deep inside that Rodgers would leave GB.

I would be all in on Stafford.

If possible, I would try to trade someone from our DL as a package to Detriot or anyone else for a QB.  It is an area of great depths for us and we KNOW we can't pay everyone on the DL starting after 1 more season with them when Allen, Payne, Sweat contract starts come due year after year...  I would ALL of them but we need to do what is best for the team especially if there is any way to keep our first rounder this year. 

With all of the QB hype, I think there is a chance that Micah Parsons could drop within striking distance.  Any scenario in which we are get a legit QB and a legit MLB, I will be all-in for that.

Trading for Stafford (or less likely Watson) is our best bet for reaching the super bowl by 2023. I don’t see any qb in reach for us this year or next year that will make that timeline. That’s why I’m cool with 2 firsts if that’s what it takes. 

We’re picking 19 this year and most likely later next year. Who is going to be available in those spots that has a higher likelihood of getting us to that 2023 timeline than trading for Stafford? 

Even if you were going to draft a qb, you’d have to give up that other first or a second to move up and even then there is no greater chance of success compared to the proven commodity Stafford is. 

Hopefully, we can get him for less, but I see the value either way. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

The AFC has dominated the league QB-wise for 20 years now, spearheaded by Brady and Peyton at the start of the new millennium.

At least for a while Brees, Rodgers, McNabb, Romo, Matt Ryan, plus ugh playoff Eli and later Cam and Russ were all in the NFC. Was at least a respectable matchup against Brady, Peyton and Roethlisberger.

Edited by CapsSkins