Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Washington QB Alex Smith cleared by his surgical team for full football activity

justice98

Much as I don't think he is the answer at QB and I'm ready to move on, I think it should be acknowledged what a journey he has been on to get back to this point - guy is a warrior. Wish him all the best in the future.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

I give him all the credit in the world.  He was in a really bad spot, worked his tail off, and still has no fear.  

Even though I think his best option is to retire, and ideally I'd like Haskins to win the job and flourish, I wish nothing but the best for AS.

I absolutely am rooting for Alex.

I broke my leg pretty much the same way (damn near came off actually). I was able to see pictures of my leg before it was put back together. Same ****. My mom told me the doctors said life first, lose the leg. She fought for both and thank God it worked out. I was young and fearless back then. Over time, I was able to play football again. But I still had an internal fear that pretty much never went away. I worked out, got some steps back and was able to play college ball. But my leg would have always been a question going any further. To this day, my leg has a slight deformity and is a smidgen shorter than my other leg. This causes visits to the chiropractor and other alignment and hamstring issues. But beyond that (which I'm sure Alex will easily address), I would say his biggest hurdle will be psychological. I hope it works out for him. I've said this before about the love for this game called football. It is not something you can really explain to someone that doesn't love the game or is casual fan of it. But for those of you that truly love this game, root for Alex with your very soul.

It would be absolutely epic if the team won the SB and Alex was able to take a few snaps, throw a TD pass and take the final knee. I'm sure DH would not have an issue with it all.

Broke tibia and fibula 30 years ago.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.6d65c5424b91059e1e099cea6de19a10.jpg

Edited by joeken24
add
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Incredible accomplishment for him to make it even this far in his recovery, and speaks to his strength as a person and competitor, as well as to the strength of his support system at home and in his life. Unreal. 

Being cleared to return to the game by his doctors is however not the same as being cleared for contact by the team's doctors. I wish him luck and I'm rooting for him since this is clearly what he wants--hell, we're paying him and he's taking up cap space either way so best of luck to him. What a story.

• TK changed the title to ESPN.com: Washington QB Alex Smith cleared by his surgical team for full football activity
25 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Retire. I'm really doubtful he can take an NFL hit and not get re-injured. Time to move on. This year should be, finding out whether Haskins is our long term answer. If he isn't; we will be drafting a QB in 2021.

Having 3 QBs with our O-line might not be a terrible idea. I just can’t imagine he’d start. So I wouldn’t care if he’s either QB 2 or 3 at this point.