Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

I always enjoy your sunny upbeat takes

You work for Hallmark Cards, right?

The new owner needs to put in his people as soon as he can. That was the biggest mistake Dan made when he took over.

Now for 23 that’s probably too late since it will be spring before any change but 2024 get your people.

So Ron’s tenure here is short term.

12 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Ron may not be the best x's and o's guy, but he is the coach we need here for right now. With all the stuff that goes on, he is a calming influence for the locker room in some way and the team plays hard for him. 

He undoubtedly took this job for two reasons—the massive power/ability to surround himself with his guys that he wouldn’t have been given elsewhere, and the recommendation of Gibbs. I find myself wondering if after all he’s been through in the last three years…I wonder if he’d actually crave going back to “just” being a HC. He’d need to accept essentially a demotion as his GM’s would be removed and he’d no longer have final say on the roster—and that’s rare. He likely just moves on or retires entirely. But I do wonder if this is the rare situation with the rare man who just wants to coach the young men he’s bonded with through adversity the last few years. Give him a GM, bring in a hot young OC. 

It’s not how I’d want to do things in a vacuum. I have always wanted a completely clean slate with a new owner (and a young OC as HC so that your offensive mastermind cannot be taken and hired away from your eventual young QB after a single season or two of success). But maybe the situation with this team is unique, IF they finish the season strong playing their hearts out for Rivera and pull off a rally for a Wildcard spot. Maybe the bond between players and coach warrants another try, if Rivera is down to be “just” the coach and have the big pieces around him change—GM, organization to whatever degree the new owner and GM want to tear things down, probably OC at the least in terms of coaches.

It doesn’t really happen often and succeed, but maybe he quietly craves those days where he could just coach the young men put in front of him without all the FO drama. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t doubt that, but the problem is he hired the front office which would mean his guys are getting fired.

100%, which is why it’s unlikely to happen and rarely does. This situation and the tumult surrounding Rivera the past three years is odd enough that I wouldn’t automatically rule it out, but yeah it’s not something I’d lay any money on happening. Not even sure I’d want it, as I detail in my post above.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

I believe he'll end up playing out the remaining 2 years of his contract then changes occur because I don't believe a sale happens quickly, the team is going to end up with a winning record this year, the new owners due diligence on a stadium, all the legal stuff and the team evaluation is going to take time.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/commanders-head-coach-ron-rivera-210800638.html#:~:text=Rivera signed a five-year,%247-million annually with Washington.

Ron Rivera’s contract details with Commanders

Rivera signed a five-year contract with the Commanders in 2020, taking over for former head coach Jay Gruden, who was fired in 2019. Bringing in someone who has been to a Super Bowl as a defensive coordinator and the head coach is going to be expensive as Rivera earns $7-million annually with Washington.

• Like 2

The new owner needs to put in his people as soon as is feasible. That’s likely to be the front office first after the draft.  Then a new coaching staff in 24. The only way Ron would return in 24, a SuperBowl appearance.  Dan’s biggest mistake was keeping Norv.  You get your people in, as soon as you can. Ron can get a job elsewhere, if he want; if he has a decent finish of his DC career.

The only evaluation in 23, looking at the organization and what changes need to be done in 24.

5 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I believe he'll end up playing out the remaining 2 years of his contract then changes occur because I don't believe a sale happens quickly, the team is going to end up with a winning record this year, the new owners due diligence on a stadium, all the legal stuff and the team evaluation is going to take time.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/commanders-head-coach-ron-rivera-210800638.html#:~:text=Rivera signed a five-year,%247-million annually with Washington.

Ron Rivera’s contract details with Commanders

Rivera signed a five-year contract with the Commanders in 2020, taking over for former head coach Jay Gruden, who was fired in 2019. Bringing in someone who has been to a Super Bowl as a defensive coordinator and the head coach is going to be expensive as Rivera earns $7-million annually with Washington.

Coaches do not coach their last years of their deals....

• Confused 1

On 11/15/2022 at 9:27 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

The new owner needs to put in his people as soon as he can. That was the biggest mistake Dan made when he took over.

If Doofus Dan had done that he'd only be able to claim 1 Playoff win in 23 years. He's lucky to have that 1 in his first season that he had nothing to do with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Monday Night's game plan was JDR-drafted. His first, and it's no coincidence that it was the best of the season. Hat's off to him, especially for guiding little Turner on how to take it to the Eagles.

Every coach is auditioning now. Watch them work.

Was this reported? He led the entire game plan bc of everything going on with Rivera, or what? 

As of this moment a mere 3 days after the game the following tweet has aprx 928,000 views and will no doubt soon be over the million mark.

It has to be the most popular Washington Commanders tweet in the short history of that (soon to be changed 🙂) name.

A lot of love in the comments too...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1