Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

If (big if) the commanders win this weekend, would it be the first time they have a winning record in the Ron Rivera Era after week 2? They’ve won a couple openers but immediately lost week 2.  I don’t think they’ve had a positive record at any other point.

After the 4 game win streak to pull even last year they lost…

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If (big if) the commanders win this weekend, would it be the first time they have a winning record in the Ron Rivera Era after week 2? They’ve won a couple openers but immediately lost week 2.  I don’t think they’ve had a positive record at any other point.

After the 4 game win streak to pull raven last year they lost…

Yep.

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Here is a crazy stat for you.....Since 1993, We've only had a winning record after 11 games 7 times....and only made the playoffs once out of 7...1999.

Wow, the second part of that is 10x crazier than the first part of that! The Skins have made the playoffs 6 times under Snyder (1999, 2005, 2007, 2012, 2015, and 2020) and only one of those times have they had a winning record after 11 games. Conversely, they've had a winning record after 11 games 6 other times and failed to make the playoffs???? Shocking. 

14 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Wow, the second part of that is 10x crazier than the first part of that! The Skins have made the playoffs 6 times under Snyder (1999, 2005, 2007, 2012, 2015, and 2020) and only one of those times have they had a winning record after 11 games. Conversely, they've had a winning record after 11 games 6 other times and failed to make the playoffs???? Shocking. 

1996:  8-3 - Finished 9-7...missed playoffs

1997:  6-5 - Finished 8-7-1...missed playoffs

1999:  7-4 - Finished 10-6...made playoffs

2000:  7-4 - Finished 8-8...missed playoffs

2008:  7-4 - Finished 8-8...missed playoffs

2016:  6-4-1 - Finished 8-7-1...missed playoffs

2018:  6-5 - Finished 7-9...missed playoffs

2005, 2007, 2012 and 2015, we were 5-6 after 11 games.  2020 we were 4-7

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Amazing...nice research!

20 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I find it rather bemusing that the only times this team has made the playoffs after 1999 (something weird about that date...I can't quite put my finger on it) is when the rest of the division stank AND the team went on late runs. I'm sure there's a stat somewhere that proves this is unprecedented.

Without luck, Snyder wouldn't have won anything after 1999...that's what happens when you degrade Harvard MBAs and brag about not having a 5-year plan. Note to Snyder: the NFL is not like telemarketing...you need a plan to succeed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Reason number 4,632 why I love DaRon Payne and why we can't afford to let him go is because he is the rare DT that never misses time.  Brutal position and the guy is just built for it.  We're never going to find an IDL with his durability again.

Yep its a point I've brought up many times. Not only is Payne good, but he plays and plays a LOT. Dude doesn't miss games, hell he doesn't even miss snaps. I don't know the exact # but I believe he played a ridiculously high % of snaps the last couple of years and this year as well. 

56 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep its a point I've brought up many times. Not only is Payne good, but he plays and plays a LOT. Dude doesn't miss games, hell he doesn't even miss snaps. I don't know the exact # but I believe he played a ridiculously high % of snaps the last couple of years and this year as well. 

I didn't mean to post that in this thread, but I was thinking about how unique his durability has been.  It's kind of a superpower for players, especially at high attrition positions like linemen and tight end.  There was a game earlier this season where Daron got banged up and waved over the training staff as he ran off the field and I remember thinking to myself, "woah, I've never seen that happen to Daron before."

We've got a lot of good players on our team now, and guys like Terry and Chase are the most vocal and charismatic leaders of team, but I think the two things that really determine our identity and style of play are the two monster DTs on D, and the two monster RBs on O.  Those are the things that we have that other teams don't, and they set the tone for the physicality we need in order to win.

• Like 3

A little off subject here, wasn't sure where to post this but I just saw the team will be wearing the numbers of the fallen UVA players this weekend 1, 15, 41 on the helmets........Being a native of Charlottesville and employeed with the CFD I unfortunately was close to this situation.  Whoever within the organization that made this decision I applaud them,  it really means a lot after a very hard week. 

Edited by DazedSkinsfan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

A little off subject here, wasn't sure where to post this but I just saw the team will be wearing the numbers of the fallen UVA players this weekend 1, 15, 41 on the helmets........Being a native of Charlottesville and employeed with the CFD I unfortunately was close to this situation.  Whoever within the organization that made this decision I applaud them,  it really means a lot after a very hard week. 

Agreed. Rest assured, it was NOT Dan Snyder.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Feels like this coaching staff is doing just about enough to get another run in 2023. I was in the camp of they will be canned in the new year. The turn around in results has me backtracking now. For 2023 at least.

IF the team is sold early next year (maybe March), it'll be too late for the new owner and new front office to bring in a whole new coaching staff.

So Coach Rivera is probably here for at least another season.

Edited by SkinsGuy

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Feels like this coaching staff is doing just about enough to get another run in 2023. I was in the camp of they will be canned in the new year. The turn around in results has me backtracking now. For 2023 at least.

Once the rumors of Dan selling the team started to heat up I pretty much knew that the current staff was safe for 2023.  Even if he doesn't sell, I don't believe he would have fired this staff regardless of their record.  Ron seems to be that safe buffer between Dan and the rest of the world.  

I must admit,  considering all the weekly distractions and the drama after drama from this organization plus Ron losing his mother, he's done a pretty incredible job so far.  I truly thought that we were headed for 1 and 16 at one point.  Ron has this team scrapping,  and doing just enough to win. It's not pretty at all, and after all is said and done we'll finish with another mediocre record,  but all things considered Ron has gotten everything he can out of this team. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Once the rumors of Dan selling the team started to heat up I pretty much knew that the current staff was safe for 2023.  Even if he doesn't sell, I don't believe he would have fired this staff regardless of their record.  Ron seems to be that safe buffer between Dan and the rest of the world.  

I must admit,  considering all the weekly distractions and the drama after drama from this organization plus Ron losing his mother, he's done a pretty incredible job so far.  I truly thought that we were headed for 1 and 16 at one point.  Ron has this team scrapping,  and doing just enough to win. It's not pretty at all, and after all is said and done we'll finish with another mediocre record,  but all things considered Ron has gotten everything he can out of this team. 

Not directed at you. Just continuing from your post:

This may be the only fanbase in history whose team is 5-1 in the last 6 games and all they can do is talk about how ****ty the coaching staff is 😂 😂. We are turning into that team no one really wants to face. Hard nosed, gritty team that just grinds it out. Not flashy, nothing pretty, glaring weaknesses at times, but just keep coming at you for 60 mins. 

But considering the issues at QB and how bad the oline can be, the team is playing pretty good football. The D is flying around the ball. They are making big play after big play. Young guys emerging as legitimate starters and even studs. STs is solid. No real weakness. Off is a work in progress but there are legitimate skill position players. 

But we have meaningful; football in November! Not much more you can ask for. 

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This may be the only fanbase in history whose team is 5-1 in the last 6 games and all they can do is talk about how ****ty the coaching staff is 😂 😂.

All I saw on Twitter was people ****ing about Norv Jr. 

This team has a razor-thin margin of error with Heinicke, but right now, they're playing to their strengths, not turning it over, and not getting into long down and distance situations. That's a credit to Turner. Nothing fancy, just doing what we do best.

• Like 1

Please tell me I'm being silly, but I'm concerned that the excitement of our playoff chase has taken our (and possibly the league's) primary focus away from getting rid of Dan, and I fear he might be emboldened to pull the ultimate okey doke move-- by getting minority investors, to solve his cash flow problems, rather than selling the team outright.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

5 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Please tell me I'm being silly, but I'm slightly concerned that the excitement of our playoff chase has taken the focus off of getting rid of Dan, and I fear he might be emboldened to try one last okey doke move by getting minority investors, to solve his cash flow problems, rather than selling the team outright.

I wouldn’t put it past some rogue, billionaire to tango with Dan, simply to own a part of of an NFL team.  Even if their strategy is to get in and eventually take the whole thing from him.  

But what I can’t see happening at this juncture is the rest of NFL ownership standing idly by and approving more Dan Snyder.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Please tell me I'm being silly, but I'm concerned that the excitement of our playoff chase has taken our (and possibly the league's) primary focus away from getting rid of Dan, and I fear he might be emboldened to pull the ultimate okey doke move-- by getting minority investors, to solve his cash flow problems, rather than selling the team outright.

This thought definitely crossed my mind--like when he fired Schottenheimer and brought back Vinny because he wasn't having any fun.