Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, -9- said:

somebody's "running" the stadium.   

and yes ... they are responsible.

What should the stadium ops people done to have prevented that railing from falling over? The only time it had fallen over was cause of drunk idiot eagles fans putting all their weight on it. Should they have been psychics and known exactly what will happen? It’s clear you have zero idea of their responsibilities. 

51 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What should the stadium ops people done to have prevented that railing from falling over?

I stand corrected.

Fed Ex is not a dilapidated ****hole.

It is the NFL gold standard for stadium maintenance and cleanliness.

All involved deserve significant pay increases, promotions and accolades.

Edited by -9-
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, -9- said:

I stand corrected.

Fed Ex is not a dilapidated ****hole.

It is the NFL gold standard for stadium maintenance and cleanliness.

All involved deserve significant pay increases, promotions and accolades.

I never said it’s not a dilapidated **** hole. 

just that the 3 issues you pointed out, have nothing to do with the stadium operations department. The video department is the ones that spelled fletcher wrong. The stadium ops team can’t predict drunk idiot eagles fans to put all their weight on a railing. After it happened, they fixed that from happening again, now that they know how much weight it can hold. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I never said it’s not a dilapidated **** hole. 

just that the 3 issues you pointed out, have nothing to do with the stadium operations department. The video department is the ones that spelled fletcher wrong. The stadium ops team can’t predict drunk idiot eagles fans to put all their weight on a railing. After it happened, they fixed that from happening again, now that they know how much weight it can hold. 

Are you serious, man? They didn't have any clue how much weight those railings could hold?

And stadium ops are definitely responsible for making sure former players names are spelled correctly.  Let alone making sure there's a safe environment for our fans let alone opposing fans.

Man, you get so offended by us calling you out, but your rebuttals are weak and so on the offensive side it's not even funny anymore.

You're in stadium ops? Then you should understand how you'd be held accountable (along with your fellow peers) for what happens in the stadium.  Not hard to comprehend. 

Perhaps you should take a minute to understand why your fellow ESers give you ****. Just saying. 

HTTR!

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What should the stadium ops people done to have prevented that railing from falling over?

Basic maintenance, probably.

15 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The only time it had fallen over was cause of drunk idiot eagles fans putting all their weight on it

It's indicative of a facility in a serious state of disrepair. 

To allow the stadium to decay to a degree that railings are failing in their designed purpose is insanely irresponsible and shows a real lack of regard for fan safety.

Now, we know the organization doesn't care about fans and the fan experience, so in that way I get it. But, you'd think someone would be smart enough to realize it's clear negligence and a lawsuit just waiting to happen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL.com, Turner is one of several young assistants [under 45] the NFL is closely monitoring for the next round of the interview process in the offseason.

Here’s what Pelissero said of Turner, based on conversations with “NFL executives, coaches and others close to the search process.”

Commanders OC Scott Turner, 40: It’s a credit to Turner — the son of longtime NFL coach Norv Turner — that the Washington offense has been functional the past few seasons, given the revolving door at quarterback and nonstop drama surrounding the organization. Just look at his game plan in Monday night’s upset win over the Eagles, focusing on holding the ball and controlling the game; the Commanders had 25 first downs, converting 12 of them on third down, and had the ball for over 40 minutes. Turner is creative and knows how to adapt to his personnel (or lack thereof). And his eye for young QB talent — for example, plucking Taylor Heinicke as an undrafted free agent out of Old Dominion back in his Vikings days — is a positive trait.

The Commanders had three other assistants in the category of others to watch in future years:

• Secondary coach Chris Harris [40]
  • Wide receivers coach Drew Terrell [31]
  • Assistant QB coach Luke Del Rio [28]

Harris has received some attention for defensive coordinator positions over the last two offseasons and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him land a promotion in the offseason.

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/26/washington-commanders-oc-scott-turner-named-as-one-of-the-young-nfl-coaches-to-watch-2022-nfl-season/?taid=63822cc01929710001f75854&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL.com, Turner is one of several young assistants [under 45] the NFL is closely monitoring for the next round of the interview process in the offseason.

Here’s what Pelissero said of Turner, based on conversations with “NFL executives, coaches and others close to the search process.”

What's funny is so many people complained about Kyle Shannahan and Sean McVay when they were here...

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Commanders OC Scott Turner, 40: It’s a credit to Turner — the son of longtime NFL coach Norv Turner — that the Washington offense has been functional the past few seasons, given the revolving door at quarterback and nonstop drama surrounding the organization. Just look at his game plan in Monday night’s upset win over the Eagles, focusing on holding the ball and controlling the game; the Commanders had 25 first downs, converting 12 of them on third down, and had the ball for over 40 minutes. Turner is creative and knows how to adapt to his personnel (or lack thereof). And his eye for young QB talent — for example, plucking Taylor Heinicke as an undrafted free agent out of Old Dominion back in his Vikings days — is a positive trait.

The Commanders had three other assistants in the category of others to watch in future years:

• Secondary coach Chris Harris [40]
  • Wide receivers coach Drew Terrell [31]
  • Assistant QB coach Luke Del Rio [28]

Harris has received some attention for defensive coordinator positions over the last two offseasons and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him land a promotion in the offseason.

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/26/washington-commanders-oc-scott-turner-named-as-one-of-the-young-nfl-coaches-to-watch-2022-nfl-season/?taid=63822cc01929710001f75854&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

This is a fantastic writeup. Goes to show you how a number of these guys, like in any profession, find the right guys to ride the coattails of. I will say though that Cooley provided great color into why the Shanny tree is so successful- it is because the folks from that tree hire the best and brightest minds they can find and are open to being challenges by those beneath them, which is very different from how assistant coaches have been hired. Traditionally, coaches have wanted hire assistants who just do what they are told.

My favorite candidate on this list is Ben Johnson. Why? He is running a high powered offense in Detroit, not having come from either the Shanahan or Reid trees. Instead, he comes from the Joe Philbin, Adam Gase, Patricia and Campbell trees - this tells me he has figured it out on his own. The comment that he is one of the league’s sharpest minds justifies that hypothesis. Him being a former D1 QB means that he likely has leadership ability and coaching under Campbell should enhance that. EDIT to add that he is also doesn’t have a father, brother or grandfather who was already in the NFL

Great to see Chris Horton on this list. I will always remember that one season he made a ton of plays.

Also great career move by Joe Brady to go to Buffalo. It would have been easier for him to go back to the college ranks and scoop up a high paying OC job. He obviously wants to stay in the NFL, which is why he took the QB coach job with Buffalo instead. It was a terrible career move by him to go to Carolina. He’ll get another go around as an OC in Buffalo w Josh Allen as his QB vs Sam Darnold once Dorsey gets a HC gig. He should be able to then parlay that into a HC gig well before he is 40

Edited by method man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Brandt, ex-personnel guy.  I gather this post will get a big thumbs up from  @Zim489 ?  😀

I go back and forth on Brandt.  Sometimes I think he's trying to be clever, and other times I think he has good points.

I agree that Ron has done an outstanding job keeping the team focused. He's probably a top 5 coach from the perspective of motivation and team building.  If you want to call that culture, fine, but I think the term is over-used.  He keeps guys together, handles player issues.  His teams don't quit and play hard, and his players love him.  

That said, he and the FO failed in a big way with one position group and it's costing them on the field.  They need to have signed 3 more guards and 2 more centers in the off-season , because in my heart of hearts, I really believe if they had better interior pressure, they could have an explosive offense with Wentz. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be a hell of a lot better than this "offense" which has been mostly offensive.  Minus the Eagles game, which was the best they can do, and everything had to work out perfectly for them.  

Now, if you want to say they didn't because Dan didn't let them, ok, fine.  If that's true, then Ron deserves no blame.  Then I'd be back on board with the fact he's underpaid. 

But they REALLY needed to do a better job on the OL personnel side.  So he's probably paid about right. :)   Because they didn't we have to suffer through this putrid 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.  Imagine if we could actually use McLaurin, Dotson and Samuel down the field.  Maybe even get something out of Brown, who needs a QB who can get the ball deep and an OL that can protect for a split second?  

The personnel decisions on the OL are ALMOST a fireable offense.  ALMOST. Not quite.  But almost.  

• Thumb up 2

15 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The new owners will fix things and likely start that process by replacing the Snyder employees with their own. Within a year of ownership, most if not all of those employees will be replaced.

That entirely depends on what the record is on the football side.

On the business side, actually there is a lot of buzz that the people in current positions are doing a heck of a good job in some areas in terms of selling new sponsorships, season tickets, etc. while facing the Dan headwinds.  

There will ABSOLUTELY be changes.  But I think you might be surprised as to some of the folks who will be retained. 

Again, I'll caution you:  you made one bold, loud prediction after the next last off season, and were loud wrong about 100% of the time.  I'd cool it with the definitive statements about what the new owner will do given we don't know who the new owner is, how the team will finish, or when the new owner will take over.  

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

What's funny is so many people complained about Kyle Shannahan and Sean McVay when they were here...

I don't remember a lot of complaints about McVay.  He oddly flew somewhat under the radar while he was here.

Kyle, for some reason, was really hated.  Still is by a lot of folks.  Yeah, he's an arrogant ass hat.  He's also a hell of a good coach.  

Neither really had an advocate in the local media like Manusky and Barry did with Russell though.  But that's just because Russell probably couldn't tell the difference between a rugby ball and a football if you presented him only a rugby ball.  

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I go back and forth on Brandt.  Sometimes I think he's trying to be clever, and other times I think he has good points.

I agree that Ron has done an outstanding job keeping the team focused. He's probably a top 5 coach from the perspective of motivation and team building.  If you want to call that culture, fine, but I think the term is over-used.  He keeps guys together, handles player issues.  His teams don't quit and play hard, and his players love him.  

That said, he and the FO failed in a big way with one position group and it's costing them on the field.  They need to have signed 3 more guards and 2 more centers in the off-season , because in my heart of hearts, I really believe if they had better interior pressure, they could have an explosive offense with Wentz. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be a hell of a lot better than this "offense" which has been mostly offensive.  Minus the Eagles game, which was the best they can do, and everything had to work out perfectly for them.  

Now, if you want to say they didn't because Dan didn't let them, ok, fine.  If that's true, then Ron deserves no blame.  Then I'd be back on board with the fact he's underpaid. 

But they REALLY needed to do a better job on the OL personnel side.  So he's probably paid about right. :)   Because they didn't we have to suffer through this putrid 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.  Imagine if we could actually use McLaurin, Dotson and Samuel down the field.  Maybe even get something out of Brown, who needs a QB who can get the ball deep and an OL that can protect for a split second?  

The personnel decisions on the OL are ALMOST a fireable offense.  ALMOST. Not quite.  But almost.  

A main plot line about Dan’s potential sell is his cash flow. And I know it pisses a few people off when I and others mention it who feel conversely that Dan has all the money in the world to do anything he pleases but sorry the evidence now is beyond overwhelming that the 450 million loan and need to fiinance a stadium himself has put himself in a financial bind in billionaire terms not layman terms. 450 million isn’t like 45 cents to Dan. 

Do I think Rivera intended to Eagles style to overspend on the cap this off-season? Nope. But listening to Standig and Keim I get the impression that Rivera did less than what he wanted to because Dan had him on a budget. 

And it’s one of a million reasons why this franchise will be better off when they get rid of their cheap, sleazy and moron of an owner 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mean going into year 4 with out a real swing and possibly entering with only Sam Howell on the roster at the most important position in sports is a fireable offense 

29 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I mean going into year 4 with out a real swing and possibly entering with only Sam Howell on the roster at the most important position in sports is a fireable offense 

I mean, we’ve been through this.  They didn’t love Fields.  I think that’s the only guy you accept taking a swing on.  Because they didn’t want to give up multiple first round picks.  

Shrug.  They had 1 option in one draft.  They weren’t drafting a guy in 2020.  They chose not to in 2021 because Fields wasn’t worth it.  And there wasn’t a guy in 2022 worth taking higher than Howell.  

So, they took a shot at a stop gap with Fitzy and he got hurt and then with Wentz and he would have been fine. But then they forgot about the OL.

Im in the minority.  If they run this back again next year I want to see OL upgraded and Wentz again.  Because they won’t get a top pick in the draft.  And I would prefer to try the guy who now has a year in the system.  If it doesn’t work, fine.

I would also not re-sign TH so as to remove the binky.  

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Swing on who? Look at Zack Wilson? Trey Lance? Justin Fields? Redraft that year and you'd probably have a chance at 2 or those guys just standing pat. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1