Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Credit where it’s due, Rivera, for whatever reason, has a way of keeping his guys locked in even with a crappy record at midseaaon. He’s had this team alive entering December for the 3rd straight year now. If (IF) we make the playoffs, that’s 2 out of 3 playoff seasons for this team. 

any other coach couldn’t have kept this team afloat through the BS that is this organization. 

• Like 11
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Credit where it’s due, Rivera, for whatever reason, has a way of keeping his guys locked in even with a crappy record at midseaaon. He’s had this team alive entering December for the 3rd straight year now. If (IF) we make the playoffs, that’s 2 out of 3 playoff seasons for this team. 

any other coach couldn’t have kept this team afloat through the BS that is this organization. 

If.... big IF, but if this team makes the playoffs then Ron should be the frontrunner for COY.  Just a few short weeks ago we were all talking about the #1 overall pick,  now we're talking playoffs.  I've been one of his biggest critics but it's hard to deny the job he's done under these circumstances 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

If.... big IF, but if this team makes the playoffs then Ron should be the frontrunner for COY.  Just a few short weeks ago we were all talking about the #1 overall pick,  now we're talking playoffs.  I've been one of his biggest critics but it's hard to deny the job he's done under these circumstances 

He won't come anywhere near winning Coach of the Year. You don't become a favorite for that award by starting the year like garbage and then getting better.

Sirianni, McDaneil, Saleh, Daboll. Maybe even O'Connell and Vrabel. Those will be the names in the hunt. If Washington finishes strong maybe Rivera moves ahead of a couple of those guys (like Daboll when the Giants tank) but he has no shot at winning it. 

If Carolina can have a nice statue of Sam Mills outside their stadium, and the city of Philadelphia can have a statue of Rocky Balboa - a fictional boxer - then why couldn't the team spring for an actual statue for Taylor? One of the only times I felt for Snyder was when ST was killed. He really seemed to love having him on the team, as did Coach Gibbs. This mannequin is ridiculous. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

He won't come anywhere near winning Coach of the Year. You don't become a favorite for that award by starting the year like garbage and then getting better.

Sirianni, McDaneil, Saleh, Daboll. Maybe even O'Connell and Vrabel. Those will be the names in the hunt. If Washington finishes strong maybe Rivera moves ahead of a couple of those guys (like Daboll when the Giants tank) but he has no shot at winning it. 

I'm aware of that,  and agree he probably won't win it  unless we go on to win the superbowl which I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery,  but hey, crazier things have happened.

Like I said,  I've been one of his biggest critics,  but with all the off field circumstances and distractions from this organization,  you can't deny he's done a great job keeping it together. 

3 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I'm aware of that,  and agree he probably won't win it  unless we go on to win the superbowl which I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery,  but hey, crazier things have happened.

Like I said,  I've been one of his biggest critics,  but with all the off field circumstances and distractions from this organization,  you can't deny he's done a great job keeping it together. 

LOL. Maybe don't make definitive statements like "hoe should be frontrunner for Coach of the Year, then when pushed admit you know that isn't the case and then act like you've made a point.

Coach of the Year has nothing to do with the postseason, by the by. 

The funny part to me is that after ****ing up every single thing for over 2 decades a horde of fans truly expected that they'd have a proper thing today for ST.

Why act surprised? Total buffoonery is the default. I mean, the wire coat hanger "statue" is what should have been expected. :chair:

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

The number of missteps by this team President would not be tolerated in any organization that is not busy defending itself from one litigation after another. 

Why blame him when Doofus Dan handed him a 20 dollar bill. (Yacht fuel is expensive)

It is extremely hilarious that people still choose to blame the people hired by the Buffoon who owns the team.

Dumb things like this happen repeatedly no matter who is running things. Let's try to comprehend how this fact is possible. 

• Like 3

His little girl likes it, that's fine.  And really, what do you expect a teenage girl to say about something that honors a father she barely knew?  

Just because she likes it doesn't mean I have to.  

IMO, it's not even the mannequin display that was so bad, although I don't think it was great.  I think the lighting was kind of cool, it gives a certain amount of gravitas towards it.  However, once again, Jason Wright and his crew are baffled by details and come out looking like the buffoons they are.  

We saw this with the crest earlier this year when they put the wrong years for the Super Bowls.  And today, we saw them unveil a Sean Taylor Nike jersey with Reebok pants.  You guys all know that Nike wasn't the official manufacturer of NFL jerseys until 2012, so Sean never played in a Nike jersey and it's just awkward to see Nike and Reebok in the same place.  Much has been made about the soccer cleats, and a lot of us either didn't ever know that he played in soccer cleats in the first place or simply forgot about it.  That said, the soccer cleats on the mannequin are just there...they're not taped up in a way that Taylor would have taped them up if he were playing a game.  Again, no attention to detail.

Keying on a detail like that while missing something like the tape on his facemask is a bit tone deaf, IMO.  Paying attention to something that no one really cared about while ignoring something that everyone LOVED and was iconic and unique to him is stupid.  There should be tape on that facemask.

If they wanted to go this route, if they wanted to show some of the gear that he played when he was on the field, then they should have used real, game worn, authentic jerseys, pants, gloves, shoes and a helmet instead of mismatched Nike/Reebok gear.  Replica gear doesn't carry any weight or any meaning.  Like, you wouldn't go to Cooperstown or Canton to see exhibits of baseball or football gear that wasn't authentic, no one wants to see a Hank Aaron store bought bat that resembles what he hit #715 with or a replica Walter Payton jersey that was similar to what he wore when he broke the rushing record.  No, you want to see the real deal stuff.  

If I ever go back to Fed Ex and walk past this thing, I would have actually stopped and taken a few minutes to look closely at a mannequin like this if it had a real Sean Taylor jersey that he wore in a game, and then a plaque underneath explaining what game it came from.  I want to see the rips and tears in it, the grass and dirt stains.  None of us will ever see Sean Taylor in person ever again, but it would be cool to at least to be able to get close to some of the gear he wore.  This thing, IMO, would look way cooler if it were a torn, ripped, dirty, game used jersey, and pants, helmet, shoes and gloves.  I think the point that many people were trying to make but didn't really elaborate on is that...this is really like just seeing his gear in a Dick's store.  There's nothing special about it, there's nothing unique, there's nothing authentic.  It's about as clean and sterile as something you'd get delivered in the mail.

So what we have here is some bootleg effort to memorialize a player that's still beloved by a lot of the fanbase.  This is a step in the right direction from the debacle that was from last year (which is an extremely low bar to hurdle) but still rings hollow.  I think what many of us wanted, me included, was a statue.  A big, massive, bronze statue done the right way.  And while he wasn't here for very long, there are plenty of moments that could have been picked from to memorialize him in a statue.  I mean, that's what they do for the greats in each city for their teams, you don't have to look very far for specific examples.  

And I would argue that even though he wasn't here very long, Sean Taylor is just as loved as anyone anywhere who has a statue for them.  Not as accomplished, don't get it twisted because that's not my point...but just as loved and adored and treasured.  So it stings that THIS is what they came up with, just some gear that he never wore and has no tangible relationship to him under some lights.  It's another half assed effort that's just kind of off-beat and weird and doesn't really mean anything.

Bravo to the perpetually inept Jason Wright.  I wonder how long it took him to think that hanging up clean Sean Taylor memorabilia on a mannequin was a brilliant idea.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Why blame him when Doofus Dan handed him a 20 dollar bill. (Yacht fuel is expensive)

It is extremely hilarious that people still choose to blame the people hired by the Buffoon who owns the team.

Dumb things like this happen repeatedly no matter who is running things. Let's try to comprehend how this fact is possible. 

To add.

You got Sheehan saying he heard that Dan is cutting back on meals-travel expenses for the team, Rivera talking about how training camp in Richmond now is too expensive, Mike Jones saying he hears from around the league that Dan has cash flow issues, and stories circulate about the sale that center on Dan's finances as being part of that.

So with all of that backdrop, what are the odds that Dan said spare no expense versus what's the cheapest thing we can do?  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Bravo to the perpetually inept Jason Wright.  I wonder how long it took him to think that hanging up clean Sean Taylor memorabilia on a mannequin was a brilliant idea.

It came to him in a dream on Friday night. He had all day Saturday to put it together...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It has a low effort, low quality, waited to the last minute to throw something together vibe to it. It feels like they’re lazy and hoping they’ll pull a fast one on us so they can go back to getting paid to do nothing. It’s kind of insulting the more I think about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I’m happy his sweet daughter loves it, but I hope someday a very nice statue of Sean is installed.  Maybe at our new stadium???

I'm just tired of the whole thing. Let's please let ST just rest in peace and not have any more do-over tributes.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2