Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

47 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Zorn didn't come in mid season

He was referring to Snyder bringing in Sherman Lewis to be the OC for Jim Zorn and call plays midseason. In fairness Lewis wsa a very good OC atr one time calling palys for Brett Farve. But at that time he had been retired for several years and was a bingo caller. Source; https://www.sportscasting.com/the-washington-redskins-once-hired-a-bingo-caller-as-their-offensive-play-caller/

From Jason Campbell: 

“We didn’t have a bye week and the game was Sunday. Then all of a sudden Coach Zorn was kind of upset and Coach Sherman Smith was upset, and Sherman Lewis was like, ‘Hey, I didn’t ask to be put in this position.’ He was like, ‘I honestly thought I was coming here to be a consultant, to help.’ And he was like, ‘I’ve been asked to take over calling the plays and take over calling the offense.’”

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

RR is a very bad HC. Decision-making is a key factor for me, and his have been consistently abysmal. Looking at Buffalo, it's clear how much McDermott and Shula were driving the Panther teams that made those runs.

Overly dramitic with major piling on. Ron Rivera was a very good coach that is struggling with doing both GM and HC duties. He needs to focus on one or the other. But he is not a "very bad coach". good grief if that were the case thed team would be 0-9 right now. The D is playing better and the Offense has weapons. Has had some bad luck with QBs and made a few poor decisions. But people are piling on like he is the wrost thing since Jim Zorn. He is not. 

Having said that, I would expect the new regime to clean house completely. I hope they do. We need them to hire a real GM who hires their own HC who hires their own assisstants. I would keep some of the scouting staff but that's thier call. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

He was referring to Snyder bringing in Sherman Lewis to be the OC for Jim Zorn and call plays midseason. In fairness Lewis wsa a very good OC atr one time calling palys for Brett Farve. But at that time he had been retired for several years and was a bingo caller. Source; https://www.sportscasting.com/the-washington-redskins-once-hired-a-bingo-caller-as-their-offensive-play-caller/

From Jason Campbell: 

“We didn’t have a bye week and the game was Sunday. Then all of a sudden Coach Zorn was kind of upset and Coach Sherman Smith was upset, and Sherman Lewis was like, ‘Hey, I didn’t ask to be put in this position.’ He was like, ‘I honestly thought I was coming here to be a consultant, to help.’ And he was like, ‘I’ve been asked to take over calling the plays and take over calling the offense.’”

for some reason I thought that was Al Saunders with Joe Gibbs

2 hours ago, Hooper said:

As a Gonzaga high grad who lives in LA and has seen Caleb play up close, I SUPPORT THIS.

Caleb sucks. He cries like a baby and is far worse than Mark Sanchez was at USC. He will be a bust like all other USC quarterbacks after Carson Palmer. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

54 minutes ago, TK said:

That was Art :ols: 

Yeah I remember Art well.  He had to be the only dude on earth who loved Dan, Bruce and Vinny.  All three.

The last exchange I recall with him was he was trying to convince me that he had inside knowledge that Jay loved Haskins and drafting him was a pure Jay move and Dan had nothing to do with it. 😀

• Haha 7

56 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I remember Art well.  He had to be the only dude on earth who loved Dan, Bruce and Vinny.  All three.

The last exchange I recall with him was he was trying to convince me that he had inside knowledge that Jay loved Haskins and drafting him was a pure Jay move and Dan had nothing to do with it. 😀

He legitimately tried to defend the never consummated deal of 2 1st round picks for Chad OchoCinco. I had to stop talking to him, because he was clearly insane.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Overly dramitic with major piling on. Ron Rivera was a very good coach that is struggling with doing both GM and HC duties. He needs to focus on one or the other. But he is not a "very bad coach". good grief if that were the case thed team would be 0-9 right now. The D is playing better and the Offense has weapons. Has had some bad luck with QBs and made a few poor decisions. But people are piling on like he is the wrost thing since Jim Zorn. He is not. 

Having said that, I would expect the new regime to clean house completely. I hope they do. We need them to hire a real GM who hires their own HC who hires their own assisstants. I would keep some of the scouting staff but that's thier call. 

He's a poor in game coach. I do think the guys play hard for him though and appears to be a solid leader of men considering we haven't heard reports of in fighting or mutinies yet like we've had under previous regimes. But his tactics and decision making in the heat of the moment is terrible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Caleb sucks. He cries like a baby and is far worse than Mark Sanchez was at USC. He will be a bust like all other USC quarterbacks after Carson Palmer. 

Obviously you haven't watched him.

Next Mahomes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

He legitimately tried to defend the never consummated deal of 2 1st round picks for Chad OchoCinco. I had to stop talking to him, because he was clearly insane.

I remember that too, and Haynesworth, Zorn, J. Taylor, McNabb etc. But at that point I was just blasting everything they did because it was obvious that nothing they did worked.

I ended up being right but it was too easy. Like picking against a kid in a chess tournament because you already know he can't tie his own shoelaces. 

Easy money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I remember that too, and Haynesworth, Zorn, J. Taylor, McNabb etc. But at that point I was just blasting everything they did because it was obvious that nothing they did worked.

I remember someone posted on here about hearing stories of Haynesworth skipping out on bar tabs in Reston. People piled on the guy, accusing him of impugning Al's character.

58 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Obviously you haven't watched him.

Next Mahomes. 

You are exactly right. He’s the next Mahomes. Jackson Mahomes. He will be doing TikTok dances for clicks like Patrick’s brother. He’s the latest in a long line of USC QB busts who are all hype and nothing more. Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Matt Barkley, Sam Darnold, Kessler, Slovis. They are all the same overhyped bust. 

I have watched nearly all his games at USC. It’s not impressive since the first 3 games. They have sucked so bad recently against horrible teams. He’s nothing. Good thing Dan won’t be able to engineer a stupid move to try and acquire him.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Based on his takes it was a miracle that this team wasn't a perennial SB champion because we had the best owner and Vinny and then later Bruce were magically good at their jobs.

His line was just bad luck hires of bad coaches.

• Haha 3