Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, wrilbo67 said:

"We're just waiting for the details" is another way of saying, "I've been regurgitating the same stuff we can all search for on Twitter." It's Barstool Sports.

Right. I'm a barstool guy too, but this dude's level of access is about a smidge more than mine. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Nah, that seems too wild to be true.  I don't buy that.

I dont know man. Epstein seemed to have his claws in the some of the most powerful people in the country. And I know most of you on here hate FOX news. But this is a major headline on their front page this morning. Whatever is coming is going to be VERY BAD:

There’s a Washington football bombshell coming and it’s not about the name

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/washington-redskins-football-bombshell-coming

• Like 1

FYI

That HogsHaven guy that's been blowing up twitter since late last night is doing the exact same thing he blames current media for. He took what "Sid" told him & ran with it. He never even talked to anyone else involved with that pod. He's got a lot wrong info in what he's saying regarding the podcast & how a lot of that went down.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wrilbo67 said:

"We're just waiting for the details" is another way of saying, "I've been regurgitating the same stuff we can all search for on Twitter." It's Barstool Sports.

I don't really doubt that he's heard from folks in the area.  The reason why people say they are waiting for details is because like everyone else, they are only getting hearsay.  I get that it's annoying to have to wait as the suspense is killing us all.  But with the rumors of this magnitude, I just don't see people being willing to put this stuff out there and risk the legal ramifications that could come with it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know man. Epstein seemed to have his claws in the some of the most powerful people in the country. And I know most of you on here hate FOX news. But this is a major headline on their front page this morning. Whatever is coming is going to be VERY BAD:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/washington-redskins-football-bombshell-coming

Eh, I don't know if Dan Snyder is one of the most powerful people in the country.  Certainly not in my eyes.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't really doubt that he's heard from folks in the area.  The reason why people say they are waiting for details is because like everyone else, they are only getting hearsay.  I get that it's annoying to have to wait as the suspense is killing us all.  But with the rumors of this magnitude, I just don't see people being willing to put this stuff out there and risk the legal ramifications that could come with it.

Agreed, but the rumors are most likely rumors based off speculation from this forum (proverbially)/fan sites/twitter. No one knows anything and is just recycling this whole "it's really bad" mantra because they've seen others do it and they want to be seen as in the know. They're not. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Seems like the Post is the shark and the rest of the Interwebz are the remora.  The shark has the story and everyone else is just swimming along scarfing down whatever scraps may escape.

I don't think anyone has anything except the Post at this point.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TK said:

FYI

That HogsHaven guy that's been blowing up twitter since late last night is doing the exact same thing he blames current media for. He took what "Sid" told him & ran with it. He never even talked to anyone else involved with that pod. He's got a lot wrong info in what he's saying regarding the podcast & how a lot of that went down.  

It seems like fingers are being pointed every which way.  I can't imagine Dan gets out of this unscathed, no?  I wonder how involved he really has been with this stuff.

The bad news is probably why there waiting to announce the new name, when the bad happens. Watch how they make a date for the new name Reveal. The patriots signed cam newton and the same day the nfl Penalize them for filming the Bengals sidelines

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

NFL may block Bezos from buying the team if a counter story is done that shows WaPo was accurate, but part of a plan to lower value of the franchise when he tries to take it over. 

Why now?

I, without any qualification or expertise, doubt that the NFL would block the richest man in the world from making them richer.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

NFL may block Bezos from buying the team if a counter story is done that shows WaPo was accurate, but part of a plan to lower value of the franchise when he tries to take it over. 

Why now?

Except if the league just wants Dan gone and a guy with Bezos money in.  If you put on a tin foil hat, it all makes sense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coolio47 said:

It seems like fingers are being pointed every which way.  I can't imagine Dan gets out of this unscathed, no?  I wonder how involved he really has been with this stuff.

It seems like he's scathed, no matter what.  IMO, what really matters, and quite frankly the only thing that matters is...is it enough to get him to sell?  Or to be forced out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why now?

Couple of things here. Bezos and WaPo writers have explicitly stated Bezos has no sway over how the Post reports. In fact, the Post has reported many negative Amazon stories under Bezos' ownership. It's a lazy comparison and out of the "right wing" playbook to say the WaPo drives Bezos' agenda. It discredits the good journalists that work there.

Second, the minority owners ... the turnover, the culture changing. Bruce Allen being gone. There is enough stuff here to drive the story to come out now that doesn't directly mean Bezos suddenly grew interested in the team and dispatched "his" reporters to dig up dirt.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Why now?

No chance they would block Bezos.  Lowering the value of the franchise wouldn't be of interest to him, dude could buy the entire league.

That statement undermines the integrity of the WaPo.  They've had some slip ups in the past but they have some good journalists there with good journalistic integrity. 

• Like 2

Larry Michael sudden retirement announcement is weird.  He could have retired more naturally at the end of last season.  So once we find out what this breaking bad news

is about then we will know if Larry Michael is connected to the bad news or he wanted to get out ahead of the story so he could get another job from another team.

• Like 1