Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So... this team is going to wind up with a head coach who was hired before the owner/GM. That’s new.

Unless Rivera is part of the ownership group, he’s probably gone after 2021.

Dan is forced to sell later this year or early next year. The new owner is approved by next spring. Rivera would have to probably win a playoff in 2021; in order to be retained beyond 2021. New owner will eventually want his own guy.

I think we can write off 2020 and if there’s an ownership change; Rivera probably isn’t long for being our head coach.

If those leaks are true; there’s no way Dan Snyder survives this.

• Like 1

I don't know about the racism allegations, but it's been an open secret that the organization has been run like a "boys club".  The cheerleader scandal, McCloughan's wife calling out Russini on Twitter, the catfishing that happened in 2013-14, are all tied into this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’ve yet to see anything race related so unless you have something suggesting there’s a race element this creating unnecessary race issues/race baiting. 

Rooney rule violations have been rumored.

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

I don't know about the racism allegations, but it's been an open secret that the organization has been run like a "boys club".  The cheerleader scandal, McCloughan's wife calling out Russini on Twitter, the catfishing that happened in 2013-14, are all tied into this.  

As good a theory as any, at the end of the day none of us know WTF is going on. 

If these initially rumors are true, I can happily walk away from this team until Dan is gone. 

I can put up with a lot such as the almost unbelievable level of incompetence in every thing the team does, the constant losing and face-planting In every big moment, bad decision after bad decision, horrible PR at every turn, etc etc 

but this? I can deal with the above because it’s just football but the few times this stuff bled into something more than football are the times when some of the biggest chunks of my fandom were chipped away, like the cheerleading scandal that was glossed over and covered up, name not being changed etc

I need to be able to look at myself in the mirror at the end of the day. Assuming the rumors are true and that’s what this bombshell report ends up being, I cannot support this franchise if the participants in this ****show report stay in their roles. This team is antithetical to all of my beliefs. Why should I or anyone stick around? Because my dad liked them and I have fond childhood memories? That’s just simply not a good enough reason any longer in the face of this pending scandal

and I’m fine with that. It’s an easy decision to make. In fact it’s almost too easy but since the product has been so horrifically awful for so long, I’ve actually found my interest in the rest of NFL growing while my interest in the team has declined. 

So I’ll wait to see what this bombshell ends up being but it doesn’t look good. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

Well, WR’s definitely went around Josh Norman, hopefully Metro took away his annoying PSA inside of the metro cars.  Reminds me too much of WR’s going around him. 

J No can’t act like he was mistreated unless I’m missing something.  He’s not here anymore because he wasn’t effective.  End of story.

8 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

It was a hypothetical question because of the way they are hinting about the new-s to come out today. As if it is something of that nature that would cause him to have to sell the team.

Are you socially consciously offensively sensitive?

Your comment stated “another white guy hating black people I’m shocked”

Race has nothing to do with this.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

As good a theory as any, at the end of the day none of us know WTF is going on. 

The catfishing story disappeared REAL quick back in 2014.  There is more information out there if you do some digging.

• Like 2

I read the catfishing story and maybe my comprehension of it was weak as it seemed a bit all over the place.

Can someone summarize it for a dummy like me?

Was LaCanfora getting catfished or was he the catfish? Was the reporter Daniels tried to hook up with real or someone posing as her?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If all of that is true, it's certainly bad but I am not sure if it is bad enough to force Snyder out.

I wonder this too--not even Richardson was forced out, he decided to sell for the good of the league. But here is the kicker I keep thinking about: People liked Richardson. No one likes Snyder--there have been multiple reports that he has no allies and the league as a whole is tired of him. They could use this as an excuse--like the cap penalties--to get rid of him.

Here's to hoping.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If these initially rumors are true, I can happily walk away from this team until Dan is gone. 

I can put up with a lot such as the almost unbelievable level of incompetence in every thing the team does, the constant losing and face-planting In every big moment, bad decision after bad decision, horrible PR at every turn, etc etc 

but this? I can deal with the above because it’s just football but the few times this stuff bled into something more than football are the times when some of the biggest chunks of my fandom were chipped away, like the cheerleading scandal that was glossed over and covered up, name not being changed etc

I need to be able to look at myself in the mirror at the end of the day. Assuming the rumors are true and that’s what this bombshell report ends up being, I cannot support this franchise if the participants in this ****show report stay in their roles. 

and I’m fine with that. It’s an easy decision to make. In fact it’s almost too easy but since the product has been so horrifically awful for so long, I’ve actually found my interest in the rest of NFL growing while my interest in the team has declined. 

So I’ll wait to see what this bombshell ends up being but it doesn’t look good. 

My wife asked me earlier in the week what I was planning to do with all the jerseys. I wasn't sure. But if this stuff ends up being true as rumored, i guess they're headed for the trash (no i won't send them to anyone). 

Several times through the years I've said "this is it, I'm done." I've said it on here many times. But I've always come back. However after 30 years of nothing but pain, I'm no longer angry. I feel nothing. It's finally happened. I'm no longer an "extreme"skin. I wasn't even planning on getting the Sunday Ticket this year, my first time since college. It's like how you know it's time for a divorce. You don't fight. You don't get angry. You're just indifferent. You no longer have the motivation to feel anything. You're merely there because of the history you share together (in this case, almost all bad). 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Personally, I think Larry Michael leaving abruptly comes off too weird to not be some sort of harbinger to this story.  Not saying that Larry is involved.  I am one of the rare people on this board who liked Larry.  From my limited experiences, he struck me a good guy.  But larry not wanting to hang around perhaps to deal with this stuff considering he is their lead PR guy -- I think at least is a possibility. 

I don't personally think that's a possibility at all. Or if it is, it's an EXTREMELY dim one. There's no way he resigns that abruptly just before training camp starts and then gets ZERO mention from the team for his years of service. I've also seen it mentioned in some these tweets from the "insiders" that he IS involved related to sexual misconduct, so we'll see. But there's no way he's not involved in this in some way, imo. 

• Like 4

Just now, Rogue Jedi said:

Was LaCanfora getting catfished or was he the catfish? Was the reporter Daniels tried to hook up with real or someone posing as her?

JLC, as well as Daniels were catfished.  Ever wonder how these random fans would break stories on Twitter (or here)?  They were the catfishers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, worstSeat said:

Yeah but if it isn’t your story, why not report in at least vague terms what the story is about?

Or stfu. The teases from people who aren’t on the story are, at best, unprofessional. At worst, they’re dodging their responsibility as journalists. 

If you are working for an outlet, you shouldn't "tease" your story without permission either. Generally, reporters do get pretty wide latitude to tease these days as it's become part of the game and part of the job. Tweets drive clicks as we all know.

As for unprofessionalism, that too, is a thing in the modern media. The standards we once held too have become lax because of the shrinking of newsrooms and the hustle for attention. Too much reporting these days is not reporting but analysis disguised as reporting. Remember, a lot of the rumors seems to be coming from sports talk radio accounts and ESPN style accounts. When wearing those hats, those guys are much closer to muck rakers and **** stirrers than journalists.

• Thanks 1

So will the new team name be waiting for Snyder to get removed? I’m not sure the league would approve a name change pending litigation. And maybe all the “trademark” talk was code for “Snyder won’t be the owner for long so we’ll pretend this is in trademark hell.”

Also explains why a new name wasn’t presented (aside from any real trademark issues)

Im going to point it out again, but this team hired its HC and it still doesn’t have a GM or Owner. Is there any team that has a HC currently functioning as the highest in the hierarchy that’s going to be around for more than a few months?

• Like 1